• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is hilton head like in december

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am seeing a ton of availability for Hilton head in December (around Christmas). I am guessing that there isn't a ton of things to do this time of year. I did look up the weather and it looks like it is in the 50's so certainly a little warmer then up in New England.

I would like to hear from those who have visited in December on your experience -- Is everything in the area shut down? Do they go all out with decorations for the holidays like they do at park resorts. I am wondering if this would be worth it for something to do during the kids holiday break.

i would also like to hear from anyone who has stayed at hhi in December. The points are cheap, and it might make a nice short getaway during Christmas break

Usually pretty sunny but could be pretty chilly (unless you are coming from New England:-). Things in the area really don't shut down since there are so many people that live there year round. Still lots of great shopping and dining. It just depends on what you want to do during your visit. If you are planning to sit on the beach, ride bikes, kayak -- might be a little too chilly for that (or you will need some layers to wear). Going this time of year will be very laid back though.

I was there just for 1 night in December 2014. I was there for a meet and greet with B'Lou and Shadow, so there were activities. The pool is headed, I did not go in, and we did eat in a restaurant in Shelter Cove area. Lots of stores were not open.

There were some decorations, not over the top, but nice!

Many years ago (maybe 15), we went right after Christmas and stayed until after after the first of the year. Most places we went to were open until New Year's Day and then many closed for a month or two after January 1st. I don't know if some things still close or not. The Disney resort was decked out for the holiday. Maybe not to the level that they do at WDW, but it was nicely decorated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter