What is going to happen to the Castle Suite?

I always wanted to win the night in the castle, but never did. But I think the idea of using it as part of the Make a Wish Foundation is a great idea and would really make a memorable experience for the kids. :)

I'm sure we'd all love to stay in there for a night or two... or even just to see it up close and personal, but I think that the Make A Wish Foundation should get first dibs.... it just seems right somehow.

I talked to a Dream Team member last week and asked them that question. They said it was a surprise but said that it wouldn't be available for rent. I would guess that they keep giving it away.

I'd like to see tours of it offered, offset with dates set aside for Make A Wish Foundation.

Can you get a tour of the castle suite? I have never seen it in person...

I've been reading a TR on the disboards :surfweb: of a family whos' trip was arranged by Make a Wish :wizard: and it makes you re-evaluate life. I've got four kids who have their health :goodvibes , a night in the castle would be fantastic :eek: but I'd rather see if go to the make a wish kids and their families :grouphug:

Love the Make-a-Wish idea!!

Selfishly, though? We're celebrating DH's birthday and I told DH he HAS TO wear his birthday button for our whole trip, just in case........:blush:

Oh, I really like the Make a Wish idea as well! I definitely would love to rent it out too...

I'm wondering how often they have a family from Make a Wish stay there? If it is not all of the time, perhaps they could rent it out when it is not being used and the money could be given to Make a Wish as well?

Just an idea, I know they are probably not going to rent it out. :D

Oh, I really like the Make a Wish idea as well! I definitely would love to rent it out too...

I'm wondering how often they have a family from Make a Wish stay there? If it is not all of the time, perhaps they could rent it out when it is not being used and the money could be given to Make a Wish as well?

Just an idea, I know they are probably not going to rent it out. :D

I love that idea everyones ideas keep geting better and better

I went on a wish trip for my sister. I think that giving the suite to wish giving organizations is a terrible idea. Disney hosts over a hunderd wish kids each week. Disney goes above and beyond to make each and every child feel as if they are the most special person in the world. How can they select on 7 kids out over a hundred kids? What makes one child more worthy than another? I think that it would be terrible to have a child hope to stay in the castle when they are selected for their trip, only to find out they are not special enough to be 1 of the 7. Give Kids the World is an amazing and magical place. It is also equipped to deal with special medical conditions and emergencies. I really feel it is the best place for these children to stay.

I went on a wish trip for my sister. I think that giving the suite to wish giving organizations is a terrible idea. Disney hosts over a hunderd wish kids each week. Disney goes above and beyond to make each and every child feel as if they are the most special person in the world. How can they select on 7 kids out over a hundred kids? What makes one child more worthy than another? I think that it would be terrible to have a child hope to stay in the castle when they are selected for their trip, only to find out they are not special enough to be 1 of the 7. Give Kids the World is an amazing and magical place. It is also equipped to deal with special medical conditions and emergencies. I really feel it is the best place for these children to stay.

I am sorry I just thought that a kid might like a chance to stay in a castle in the park. I also know that disney does a lot of make a wish kids but I was justing thinking how cool it would be to add to the magic also why can't they hold a raffle for just make a wish kids

I like the make a wish idea, and not to sound mean or anything, but I kind of want to stay in the castle myself.. :confused3

I hope it's just a very long continuous give away

OK not freak on me BUT doesnt MAW already have some kind of wonderful place the kids stay in the orlando area ???

They do have a place in Orlando already. It is a wonderful place called Give Kids the World which is actually seperate from Make a Wish. Make a Wish is only one of many amazing organizations that donate time and money to support children and adults wishes. My sister for example was granted her wish from A Simple Wish, based in Columbus, Ohio. Make a Wish is just the organization that is most well known. These organizations cover transportation costs, often give the families spending money for food. Give Kids the World however works directy with Disney, Sea World, and Universal for tickets and other logisitics of the program. Give Kids the World also provide amazing lodging, activities, and meals for familys. Their location has cottages for almost 100 families and are builing more. There is a stocked fishing pond, movie theater (with all the free candy and popcorn a kid could eat), restaurant, ice cream shop (kids can have ice cream any time they want) merry-go rounds, pools with all sorts of fun things, mini golf, train, games, etc etc etc. It is amazing.

Thank you. You make an excellent, rational, and lucid argument for NOT using the Castle Suite for Make a Wish, Give Kids the World, etc, Guests.

Can you get a tour of the castle suite? I have never seen it in person...

Over this past Labor Day Weekend, DVC members were able to tour the castle suite if they were lucky enough to score a reservation. My husband and I toured the suite at 1 am. The CM told us that Mariah Carey has tried to offer $$$$$$ to stay there, but was turned away.

Good, I thing she is a Diva anyway.

Over this past Labor Day Weekend, DVC members were able to tour the castle suite if they were lucky enough to score a reservation. My husband and I toured the suite at 1 am. The CM told us that Mariah Carey has tried to offer $$$$$$ to stay there, but was turned away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter