• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is going on in July? Easy to get ADRs and FP.

It was mentioned on this week's Dis podcast that the booking window for the summer discount was extended to July 8 (I don't know what the original date was). So, based on that and the ease at getting/changing ADRs and FP+ it sure seems this summer will be less busy than prior years. I hope so - we are going in mid-August!

I was just going to mention the podcast discussion. It seems summer attendance may not be what Disney was expecting. Maybe the tipping point has been reached. I don't know.

Because they are hearing the complaints about long waits and heavy crowds. By raising prices a bit they can reduce attendance a bit and not loose profit. Those who do go pay more and makes up for those who don't go
I'm pleasantly surprised to read this. August used to be our mecca, and I'm hoping for a resurgence again. It sucks to be dying hot and have it really crowded. FX for lower crowds!

I think more Disney veterans learn the benefits of off season. Summer guests are the more casual type who may not be super planners. Summer guests schedule more pool and water parks time. Maybe a day at the beach or some other area attraction.

Lots of guests during the summer do not have the DP. They may only schedule a couple of ADRs during their vacation. Fall guests, for example, typically have at least one ADR per day.

I was finding the same true for June 16-21. We last went in November 2014 and getting ADRs and FPs was a nightmare. This time, I got CRT, 'Ohana, TH and CM and every single fast pass at the time I wanted. I also got the 6/17 SW fireworks dessert party after the premier date was announced. It was kind of spooky. Think the crowds will be low next week?

I think more Disney veterans learn the benefits of off season.

Benefits as in the discounts or lower crowds? I think with Disney offering so many discounts during the "slow" period, it has completely changed when people (who have the choice) go to Disney. I remember when I was younger and the park would be completely empty in January and February. Also when everyone went back to school in September, there were rarely waits for anything. Now with all the discounts, it's way more crowded. People are looking out to get the most bang for their buck.

I thought it was odd as well... We decided to plan a last minute trip from 7/1-7/6 and I was extremely surprised at the FP and dining reservations that we were able to get 50 days out and have been able to adjust as I tweaked out plans. I'm cautiously optimistic. We were anticipating insane crowds but maybe it will just be extremely busy.

And one other possible reason---all the new charges for extra hours, parking, etc. folks may have finally decided that they have had enough and are spending their money elsewhere. If that is the case, Disney needs to take notice.

If we had not bought our tickets in the winter and read everything I did hear for through the months of March-unitl now, there is no way our family would be going to WDW this summer. We only go every 2-4 years but know this is it for us for many a moons!

Just for the heck of it I checked FP availability for Soarin on June 17, the day the new movie opens. There is availablity throughout the day. That seems remarkable to me.
Something changed with these today, or last night. We are there that day and have had a FP booked since they came out. I have been trying to move it to earlier in the day and checked several times a day. Until today I was not able to move it, there were no FP for the day at all. This morning I found several. So they released more or a whole slew of people dropped their FP

I can still get pre park opening breakfast ADRs during 4th of July week, both at BOG and Akershus. I can also get FEA FP for decent early afternoon times and it's less than 30 days out. This should be an insanely crowded week, but nothing seems to be booked. Any ideas?

I wish I could say the same... I've been looking for a pre opening Akershus for months and haven't found one. :(

Something changed with these today, or last night. We are there that day and have had a FP booked since they came out. I have been trying to move it to earlier in the day and checked several times a day. Until today I was not able to move it, there were no FP for the day at all. This morning I found several. So they released more or a whole slew of people dropped their FP
Maybe they were waiting until they had all 3 theaters up & running for a while, before adding in the extra capacity.

When I went last week, they were running the new theater & only 1 of the original ones.

We are also going around 4th of July, originally with a party of 10. Two weeks ago I added 2 more to our reservation and was able to not only change all of our ADRs, but copy all of our FP to them. Having been at that time of year before, I was happily surprised about how easy that was. I am headed into this trip cautiously optimistic that all the theories noted above are true and the parks won't be jam-packed.

Glad to read these comments, as we are going shortly after the 4th of July. It has been much easier than anticipated to move around ADRs and FPs.

I was also very surprised how easy it was to get FP and ADR for a last minute trip July 8 - July 11. I booked BWV 45 days out, which shocked me, then I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted along with FP without a problem. I have also made some changes to my plans without an issue.

I think more Disney veterans learn the benefits of off season. Summer guests are the more casual type who may not be super planners. Summer guests schedule more pool and water parks time. Maybe a day at the beach or some other area attraction.

Lots of guests during the summer do not have the DP. They may only schedule a couple of ADRs during their vacation. Fall guests, for example, typically have at least one ADR per day.

We went last July, too, and FPs and ADRs were nowhere near as easy to get as they are for this July. So I think this goes beyond guest demographics.

We are going in the summer for the first time ever. We are going for a long weekend in July and I was able to get the Poly with an AP discount cheaper than renting points! We also got great adr's last minute. We are looking forward to our quick summer get away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter