What is going on in Disney on 12/16/09?

tinklvsgoofy05

Earning My Ears
I was looking at Touring Plans crowd calender for our upcoming trip, and it shows all 4s and 5s, except for Wednesday in the middle of the week, it goes to an 8 for that day only. This is kind of strange. Anyone know whats going on this day? :confused3 TIA

There are numerous threads about this.The long and short of it is(according to the UG blog about this) it is one of the only days at MK that week where MVMCP is not going on.It is sandwiched between 2 party dates and has Spectro and regular Wishes, which will change to holiday wishes on after Dec 18th.

... and there was me thinking it was because that's the day we arrive :rotfl:

:santa:

I've been reading all the other threads about this because of course it's our MK day and I don't know...I can't imagine everyone there that week is deciding to go to the MK that day, which would constitute the 8 level.

Maybe I'll be surprised, but going from 4 or 5 to an 8 is just such a big jump. Of course maybe I'm just wishful thinking because I cannot change our schedule around (BBB, PL and CRT that morning) plus I want to see Spectro--better be worth it :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing about the big jump. I thought maybe an event was planned I didn't know about b/c it goes back down to 4s and 5s for the rest of the week.

We are there on that day too. I was curious about this jump in crowds but realized that TP uses wait times at MK as their baseline. We will be at Epcot on Wednesday celebrating my dd 10th birthday. Look for a group of nine in matching shirts (which I have yet to make!).

I will be there then too and I believe the last time I looked they had AK as the park to avoid...which of course is the park we are going to! Maybe that has changed?

It is still the AK to avoid. MK is predicted to busy it is one of the ONLY NON MVMCP days that week.It is also the last day of Spectro and regular Wishes before it switches over the holiday versions after Dec 18th. If you think about it most non park hoppers will go to the Mk when the hours are longer than a 7pm closing time and when they can see wishes and spectro

We will be watching Wishes from Cali Grill Wednesday night for dd's birthday party so wave to us when Tinkerbell flies! Was hoping it would be holiday Wishes, but we'll take what we can get! We plan on going to MK the next day(Thursday), even though it is a party night and closes early. We will be at rope drop and do what we want to do and then back to the BCV for some swimming (hopefully) and then maybe DHS to look at the xmass lights. With three ten year olds, we should be able to do enough at MK by around 2pm!

Getting excited!!

We are there on that day too. I was curious about this jump in crowds but realized that TP uses wait times at MK as their baseline. We will be at Epcot on Wednesday celebrating my dd 10th birthday. Look for a group of nine in matching shirts (which I have yet to make!).
My buddy and I are doing Epcot that day so if a big hairy guy yells "Tink! Tink!" it's probably just me.

I'm going to Epcot that day. I'll be looking for a Big Hairy Guy! If I hear you yell, "Tink!" I'll sprinkle some pixie dust your way!

My buddy and I are doing Epcot that day so if a big hairy guy yells "Tink! Tink!" it's probably just me.

DTD - I'll warn the rest of my group, but they always expect something like that to happen when they are with me at WDW. Just look for three adorable girls with six adults trying to keep up! I'll have my LGMH on my lime green backpack! Would love to catch up and enjoy an adult beverage around the World somewhere. Wendydarling - you're invited too!:wave:

It's only a prediction made from historical data. That data was wait times at three big time rides at MK, and from there TP is trying to predict crowd levels at all four parks. This can come close, but is by no means perfect.

What is interesting is that the data (sampled from the three rides at MK) still shows MK as a best park, and AK as a park to avoid.

In my opinion, the only way for the prediction to be correct is if there are long wait times for any of those three rides on that day, and that is not at all impossible. Space Mountain will have just reopened from rehab. It's bound to draw a crowd, and as I recall, it was always a long wait before.

We've got that MK planned for that day, and see no reason to change it.

While I respect the opinion of those who endorse TP from positive past experiences, there are a few things to be understood: 1) TP is not going to be 100% accurate. Nothing predictive ever is. 2) If you use any crowd estimating tool, you're likely to perceive a crowd level you expect to see. 3) Just because the crowd levels are at a certain point where you are (or where TP sampled data) doesn't mean the crowd levels are at that point park wide all day.

It's a planning tool. When it jumps this much in the middle of the week on a non-EMH day before school is out for Christmas break, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

The rumor I heard :rolleyes1 and I got this from several CM. That Mickey Mouse will be proposing to Minnie.:worship: And ring will be given to her:cool1: The wedding will be the next celebration for next year 2010. And any one getting married on the same day will be given free 1 day tickets. Date will be posted later next month. So hold off getting married till that date. VIP will be there some of the guest that will be showing up are Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Pluto, and some of the Rat Pack. That my story and I`m sticking to it :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter