• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is going on Dec 6th???

letitsnow

Mouseketeer
Everything is all booked up. I can't imagine everyone is going for Candlelight procession?

Everything is all booked up. I can't imagine everyone is going for Candlelight procession?

I think it's a combination of Candlelight Processional, it's one of the last Saturdays when Deluxe APs are valid, and all of the Holiday decor and entertainment should be running.

:bday:

we were able to snag a dinner reservation for BB on the 6th
for us, we are not intending to view the CP either night -- just too much crowd for us and our 5 year old to deal with.

That's our first day in the parks and we won't arrive until about 11:30am. It's just me and my 8 year old niece (who doesn't like big rides) so we will be taking it easy and staying away from Main Street during the processional! We have a dinner date at Rainforest that night followed by Build-A-Bear making!!!

I have heard that only Main Street is really busy during the CP but the rest of the park is just fine!

Not only am I going on the 6th, my main reason or going that weekend is for the Candlelight Processional. :) It will be an honor to finally get to view it. Anyone else planning to see the CP? I will aim for the earlier 5:30 time on both days.

Hope everyone had a lovely day and whenever you do go to DL, your time will be most awesome :)

I was wondering this as well, was trying to book on a hotel starting on the 7th and facing limited choices. I checked the convention center schedule and there is also a conference going on the entire week following, so that might be taking up some available rooms too.

I had trouble getting a room for the 6th back in late August. It appears they took a big chunk of rooms out of inventory for a convention in town that week.

Not only am I going on the 6th, my main reason or going that weekend is for the Candlelight Processional. :) It will be an honor to finally get to view it. Anyone else planning to see the CP? I will aim for the earlier 5:30 time on both days.

Hope everyone had a lovely day and whenever you do go to DL, your time will be most awesome :)
Our family will be at the 530 viewing both nights. We really enjoy it and it really gets us in the season.

Our family will be at the 530 viewing both nights. We really enjoy it and it really gets us in the season.

Any tips on how to navigate the event? Sounds like this isn't your first time at the rodeo.

what time are the CP performances?

we have a dinner ressie at 5:30pm on the 6th at BB and hope to get out of the park to head over to DCA after dinner before the second show starts.

I imagine it is going to be hard to navigate thru with a stroller if people camp out several hours in advance for the show.

what time are the CP performances?

we have a dinner ressie at 5:30pm on the 6th at BB and hope to get out of the park to head over to DCA after dinner before the second show starts.

I imagine it is going to be hard to navigate thru with a stroller if people camp out several hours in advance for the show.

You can always take the train around the park to the entrance after you finish dinner at BB. The station is right there in NOSQ.

You can always take the train around the park to the entrance after you finish dinner at BB. The station is right there in NOSQ.

When I was there, the train stopped running around 4:00 pm due to CP.
DSC_0594.jpg

I'm there that weekend too for my DD's 13th birthday, managed to get a room at the Hojo a few months ago but it looks like it's going to be nuts!

Because of the noise? That stinks.

To some degree, yes. I think the noise and moving train behind the CP performance would be kind of distracting from the atmosphere they're trying to present. Also, I think it's because they use the Main Street station as part of the show platform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter