What is Glow Fest?

GlowFest is a loud, music-filled, psychodelic celebration at DCA in the Hollywood Blvd/studios area, just to the left of Sunshine Plaza.

I don't know how often it happens but my family ran into a "show" on Wednesday night and my special needs 9 year old nephew LOVED it. As did many smaller guests who were out in the street dancing to Cher, Journey, etc. Everything is day-Glo colors including the Cast Member dancers and the alcoholic drinks.

I heard it can get a bit rowdy but we were there around 8:30 and it was fine. Lots of families and lots of teens by themselves but everyone was having a good time.

I recommend checking it out. We loved it but if you don't, it is easy to leave. It is just like a street party, not a sit down show or anything like that.

Here is a thread about it here. You can see mixed opions and also some pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2517734

I haven't been yet, but I have to say the pictures of it during the day time look horrible. Too bad there isn't some way to hide all that during the day and roll it out for night time.

i think they do hide it during the day, and bring it out around 8ish.

I thought I saw a picture of big banners hanging from the entrance to Backlots and I didn't like that. If most of it is away during the day, that's good. Glowing might look cool but in the day it doesn't look so good.

I thought I saw a picture of big banners hanging from the entrance to Backlots and I didn't like that. If most of it is away during the day, that's good. Glowing might look cool but in the day it doesn't look so good.

No, you're right there are rainbowy banners all over the place.

Stopped by Glow Fest after WOC last week w/my 7 y/o.

Um, it felt like I had stepped into a bar/nightclub w/my kid.

Lots of older crowd drinking/dancing in the streets. We liked the music, though loud, but it just felt "wrong".

I so very much prefer to suck down grown-up drinks without worrying about tripping over strollers. . .

I agree with silence. . .it just seems "wrong."

We were there last night. We came out of Muppets 3D with a 6 year old and a 10 year old. There were 3 stages with Disney dancers and the street was full of drinkers and dancers. This seem to be an older street crowd and some of the dancing done by the guests were very suggestive. Not a place I wanted to stay with our young ones. Yes, the suggestive dancing while holding up glowing drinks seemed very wrong for a family park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter