What is gas now where you live?

It's $3.29 here and $3.33 about an hour north of me where my mom lives. It has gone up over 30 cents a gallon just this week.:eek:

About as far South in NJ as you can go, we were at $3.03 tonight.

Fortunately I work at home and dd has her own transportation now (no more mom-taxi :cool1: ) so I can get by on 3/4 tank per month...about $25/month.

About $3 in Arkansas. But a 10 cent increase only means about $3 a month to me so that is not nearly as big a hit as all the other increases going on.

I was talking with my son about this today. Do you have mass transportation readily available? And are there groceries, etc within walking distance? If not, I just can't imagine having to pay that much for gas. Do you happen to know the average yearly salary there?

I let Byron answer for the UK as I've been away for that long I have no idea on salary and that now.

But I'm in France and we are paying $8 a gallon and it's rising daily. The minimum wage is $12.42 and the minumum monthly wage (based on a 35hr week) is $1885.63 gross or $1482.22 net

In 2010 the Insee calculated that an average monthly salary was $2182.24. So $26223.26 yearly. After of course you have people living on a lot less and them on a lot more.

That's all based on todays exchange rates with 1 € at a $1.38

I live in a area which has a good transportation system and therefore don't need a car. My OH has one as his workplace is not easy to acces otherwise

We use the car for doing the grocery shopping as there are shops close by but they have little choice and higher prices compared to the hypermarkets.

If we lived say 30 miles further out then I would need a car too as there are very few bus services and the train service is really only suited to rush hour.

At 60 miles out there would be no public transportation at all and we would do monthly grocery shopping as it wouldn't be viable to do it weekly.

I apolgise to everybody else as this is no doubt so off topic and will go back to lurking and picking up lots of great budget tips. Thank you :flower3:

$3.09 was the cheapest I found here in Charlotte yesterday. But it seem to avg about $3.25:scared1: lately.... DH will be topping off now at a half tank and keeping the gas cans in the shed full. We are going to be in for a long summer guys:sad2:

You were paying under $3 a gal last week?!? I only live about 60 miles east of Lexington and we've been paying between $3.12-$3.19 for the last 2 weeks. I can't even tell you the last time gas was under $3 in this area.

Yep I was paying $2.97-$2.99, but at the same time Nicholasville was $3.09 :confused3 Nicholasville went down 2 cents yesterday while I was at work and went up 12 cents last night yet the price of crude went down yesterday it really doesn't make sense. I work in Nicholasville and gas is now $3.39 a gallon!

Yep I was paying $2.97-$2.99, but at the same time Nicholasville was $3.09 :confused3 Nicholasville went down 2 cents yesterday while I was at work and went up 12 cents last night yet the price of crude went down yesterday it really doesn't make sense. I work in Nicholasville and gas is now $3.39 a gallon!

Here in Northern KY last week it was $2.99 and 3 days later $3.29.

Will

Yesterday it was $3.39 and today it's $3.45 and will be close to $4.00-$5.00 by summer. I think the kids are taking the bus to school. I usually drive them once a week, but these gas prices are keeping the car home more.

Got gas on Saturday for 3.07, Wednesday it was 3.09, and I got gas again yesterday for 3.19 (an hour later it was 3.30).

I live about 30 miles from Springfield, IL

Tuesday afternoon most places were 3.29 but I saw one place at 3.16 so I filled up.

Thursday (yesterday) morning = 3.29
Thursday (yesterday) afternoon = 3.49!!!!

I've been thinking about asking for a work-from-home day or a 4x10 schedule to help offset these costs.

My friend just told me she filled up at $1.21/litre. That's about $4.58/gallon!

The cheapest I've seen here in Chattanooga was $3.17 per gallon this morning. I've seen it as high as $3.36.

$3.59 here in the big city of Watertown, Ny! But if we travel down to Syracuse it drops by at least .20! Makes NO sense!! :confused3

I lived in Georgetown for two years. It was beautiful up there!!:lovestruc

My husband taught a class at Georgetown College a few years back. Nice little town - it's been growing ever since Toyota set up shop there.

I made the wrong choice - gas this morning had jumped another 0.10 - it's now 3.39 here.

Ugh!

Our gas here just jumped....it is now at 1.23 a litre, so 4.94 a gallon...:sad2:...Gas and alcohol are soooo much more expensive this side of the border, it is crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter