• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is everyone doing for New Year?

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We're with you Carolyn. We will be joining the crowds in MK. Know it will be really busy but OMG we will be in MK on New Years Eve !!! can't wait !!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have done Center Parcs at NYE before with friends - you will have a great time, the atmosphere is wonderful.

As for this year, we were hoping to go to DLRP, but that plan had to be scrapped as we had booked New York for the end of November. I'm not sure what we will be doing this year, probably just invite some friends over and stay home with some wine and snacks :)

Wish we were in WDW again........you will all have such a magical time!

:wizard:

These all sound really fun. Deedee I especially like the idea of a glam rock band. I love tribute bands. :rockband:

Frances999 thanks for letting us know what Center Parcs will be like.

Susan

We are debating between going to Edinbrough or Prague, or join the extended family.

Edinbrough will probably win due to cost and the fact we are bound to have more fun than with the extended family.

Dazeddaisy, we have been about five times to the Edinburgh Street Party. Last year they had Scissor Sisters and Blondie and was very good, but I do feel so old for all that standing!!! It is also a nightmare going to the toilet!!!!

Have a great time.

Susan

Well we might be going to Welwyn Garden City for the night. Not as random as it sounds, a family friend of Scott's has written and is performing in and directing the panto down there this year (Cinderella.) The guy's a comedy genius so it should be a good laugh.

If we decide against that we might get either mine or Scott's families together (NOT both!!) for a poker tournament with drinks and games.

We always spend it with some friends either at their place or ours. It's their turn this year. We just play silly games and eat and drink!!!
ny_smiley.gif

Will spend NYE at my sort-of brothers house, I get to see all the people I see just once a year but we all go way back its a time for reflection, good laughs, good drinking and to pick up where we left off (last year)

We'll also be on a plane, probably just over the Equator as we fly out of Nairobi at 23.30! We've been invited to my nephew's Indian/Muslim wedding there.

Same as the last 4 years, we are in Orlando.

However last year we saw in the NY at Citywalk instead of Pleasure Island which was 100 times better.

So thats where we will be. :cool1:

This year I have been invited to a fancy dress party at a friends house and we are really looking forward to it. Normally spend New year Eve at home as I cant bear all the crowds and waiting three hours at the bar to get served, lol.

Sue :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter