• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Disneyworld missing?

And I agree about Starbucks!
:thumbsup2

My ideas--
*Rather than just a kennel, I wish they had doggy daycare. :dog2: pug: (random I know!)

I don't know about Starbucks per say, but better coffee for certain! and I want real milk available to put in my coffee, not that non-dairy junk. Even if it means that milk becomes an option for the refillable mugs.

I love the idea of broadening the dog kennel into more of a doggy theme park. It may well get much more crowded though. How bad would that be if someone brought their dog only to discover that Disney had no room available?

I think it's time for WDW to start planning another theme park. I like that they are modifying MGM Studios, it desperately needs expansion. But with the crowds they now have in all their parks, it's time to add another park. I think maybe another resort is in order too.
I know they got some DVC reosrts and non-Disney ones in the works, but I'd like another one with Disney theming. Something with a really fun pool. Maybe they could finally complete the other half of Pop.

Rides rides rides! My older two were a little disappointed in the lack of them. We are used to coasters and spinning things, etc at every turn. They have all that space and like one coaster per park. Bummer!:sad1:

And I would love to have a place to stand and occupy my two year old when doing stoller passes. Most of the parks we were in the sun with no benches to sit and nothing around for her. Either I had to walk away to another spot across the place, chancing loosing DH and DS or I had to grin and bear it. Why don't they do like Epcot and have something for the little ones at the ride they know will have stroller waits? I loved Epcot because of that! Awesome!

Disney World is missing a decent website that works on a regular basis. I get so aggravated with that thing and it's been this way for atleast a year and a half.

This is a great idea. The only reason I can come up with as to why this has not been implemented is the liability issues involved with running a medical clinic. Maybe they feel it is just not worth the potential hassles. Other than that, it seems like a no brainer.

But it seems like they could outsource this to someone else by letting a clinic open at DTD. There are lots of businesses there that aren't owned by Disney. I would feel so much better knowing there was a clinic around 'just in case'. I can't believe they haven't done this yet!

DJ

But it seems like they could outsource this to someone else by letting a clinic open at DTD. There are lots of businesses there that aren't owned by Disney. I would feel so much better knowing there was a clinic around 'just in case'. I can't believe they haven't done this yet!

DJ

There is a hospital five minutes from WDW in Celebration, as was mentioned earlier (see quote below). With a full hopsital so close I see no reason why Disney should build their own. Maybe they could use transportation there but that's a different issue.

Celebration has all of this and is 5 minutes away. Also, Centra Care will send a doctor to your hotel room.

I'm still looking for the retirement home.:hourglass To me WDW isn't about thrill rides, I can get that from Universal, Six Flags, Kings Island, etc. WDW is about the "show"...the atmosphere. JMHO.

Transporation from resort to resort would be great. It takes forever if you have to get from one resort to another. I don't see this happening, but it would be nice.

How about
1) a Toy Story character meal for boys (the girls have the princess meals) and
2) a value resort that offers affordable rooms for families of 5 or 6.
:thumbsup2

I also agree with bringing back the Tapestry of Nations parade!

...we need less boring, dreamy stuff and MORE FUN. ...especially for boys.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I was just there from 8/26 thru 9/1 with my 5-yo son, who is OBSESSED with super heroes. In my opinion, Disney is totally missing out on a HUGE market by not having any super hero-type stuff for the boys. Don't they own The Incredibles now? I can't understand why they would have nothing like that around. :confused3

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time. This being our very first trip (for me too!) it was all quite magical! :)

I wonder though how impressed my little guy will be with meeting Mickey and Pluto and Goofy next time around... He's the type of kid that is pretty grown up for his age.

I'm so surprised to see so much interest in a bowling alley -- just would never occur to me to go bowling while I'm there, I guess.

I agree, and I don't know how well Mickey shaped bowling balls would work... :confused: :teeth:

- A pirate character meal
- A MALL !!! Premium Outlet is really nice but not on property.
DTD's all Disney stuff.. I wish they had a mall for all the international guests who don't have anything like that at home.

There is a hospital five minutes from WDW in Celebration, as was mentioned earlier (see quote below). With a full hopsital so close I see no reason why Disney should build their own. Maybe they could use transportation there but that's a different issue.

I don't know about down there in Orlando/Kissimmee/Celebration area but here where I live in NW Fl there are rules/regulations/laws about how close in distance medical facilities can be to one another. This may be why but my guess is it has more to do with medical malpractice liabilities.

Kim

For those wishing for a retirement home, buy an RV & set up camp at Fort Wilderness. :)

To those of you who want them to bring back Tapestry of Nations, that's blasphemy. :headache: If they do, it will be your fault & I will expect you there to lead me through the masses to get to my dinner ADR in WS. :laughing:

I love the idea of broadening the dog kennel into more of a doggy theme park. It may well get much more crowded though. How bad would that be if someone brought their dog only to discover that Disney had no room available?

I doubt that would make a big difference in the number of pets they have at any given time. Many people don't put their pets to kennels period. If they can't have them in their room, they'll leave them at home with a sitter. I really don't see a doggy day care changing their minds. It would be great for the guests that would pet their pets in the kennels anyway though.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I was just there from 8/26 thru 9/1 with my 5-yo son, who is OBSESSED with super heroes. In my opinion, Disney is totally missing out on a HUGE market by not having any super hero-type stuff for the boys. Don't they own The Incredibles now? I can't understand why they would have nothing like that around. :confused3

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time. This being our very first trip (for me too!) it was all quite magical! :)

I wonder though how impressed my little guy will be with meeting Mickey and Pluto and Goofy next time around... He's the type of kid that is pretty grown up for his age.

It sounds to me like your little guy would love Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando. That park's on superhero overload. :p Seriously, it's a great park. Despite popular belief, Universal Orlando doesn't really have more thrill rides than WDW. What they do have is generally on a bigger scale though. Sometimes I wonder, if people who say Universal is all about thrill rides has ever even been there. :confused:

After seeing this mentioned several times...

You would think that taking an existing character meal and changing it over to a "toy story/incredibles/pixar" character meal would not be that big of a deal. The food can all stay the same. Whatever character meal they have at MGM now, replace the characters and you are done. Worse case scenario, add a new character meal at another MGM restaurant or at one of the resorts. On the surface it seems like something that could be done without a huge cash outlay.

DJ
Good point.

A lot of REALLY good ideas!
My Suggestions (and acknowledgement to others for the same suggestionS!)
1. Good Coffee (sorry, starbucks is not that good, I grind my own Trader Joes beans and they are much better!):coffee:

2. Disney Airline!! COOOL idea. (logo could be Dumbo?):cool1:

3. More stuff for boys! I agree, my three gransons go to DL with the AP's we got them and always seek on the NON-GIRL stuff as they label it!

4. the adult costume shop. (Tinkerbell costume for DW, no further explination):woohoo:

5. I like the idea of the retirement/part time worker. I would love to work for a few months at the parks!

6. My idea, in conjuction with number 5, why not create a "professional grandparent" that can assist people that are having problems with little ones and others at the parks? (I know when we take our grandkids, they seem to have more fun when their parents are off by themselves) (it helps that we give them as much candy and juice as they can handle, right before their parents pick them up)(payback is heck!!):dance3:

7. For those of us who are getting older, standing in line becomes a real burden on legs, back, toes etc. we stay at on-property for convience, how about a purchaseable fast pass for a day?

8. Did I mention GOOOOOD coffee. All types!!

9. more "misting areas" at parks!! When we go, we are useually wearing shorts/light tops/knit shirts etc. I wouldn't mind being able to walk through a mist tunnel every once in a while, just to cool off!! (you usaually dry quickly!)

10. last but not least, an area in the park where you can put grumpy guests for a time out!!!

Hey! Thanks for the tip, tarheelmjfan. I will definitely keep that in mind when planning our next trip.

Does it not make sense though, that Disney is missing out on a HUGE market for young boys? My guy doesn't want to do thrill rides yet (he's tall enough, but totally scared) and he never loved Mickey until this trip to Disney. He's not even that into pirates! Of course they wont serve the needs of everyone, but a lot of people love super-heros -- even little girls!

Just my two cents! :)

Hey! Thanks for the tip, tarheelmjfan. I will definitely keep that in mind when planning our next trip.

Does it not make sense though, that Disney is missing out on a HUGE market for young boys? My guy doesn't want to do thrill rides yet (he's tall enough, but totally scared) and he never loved Mickey until this trip to Disney. He's not even that into pirates! Of course they wont serve the needs of everyone, but a lot of people love super-heros -- even little girls!

Just my two cents! :)

I totally agree with you. I always hoped WDW would add more things that catered to boys, when my DS was younger. He's now 15 & I have to drag him & my DH to WDW kicking & screaming.:sad2: They always want to go to Universal instead. I'm planning my 40th birthday trip to WDW, & they've promised to make it all about me & not complain. We'll see, how that goes. :rolleyes1 It's a shame WDW doesn't do more to endear boys to the parks, so they become lifelong fans. Unfortunately, they have even less that appeals to boys, when they hit their preteen/ teen years.

On the idea of a Disney Airline, here are my thoughts....

First, its rather expensive to purchase the planes, personnell, airport gates, blah, blah, blah.

But, what about this?....

Disney partners up with an airline, say Southwest, since they seem to fly in from many airports direct to orlando. Southwest does up a few planes with some Disney Paint (pics of the characters, etc) kinda like their Shamu plane they already have.

Then perhaps have the plane flight attendants dressed in costume (not mickey or other non-speaking characters) to serve beverages & snacks. Of course, don't have cinderella serving you peanuts, but I am sure there are plenty of other disney characters that could be do-able for this.

Then show an in-flight disney movie (or perhaps the disney vacation DVD or, dare I say, the top 7 resort TV thing with Stacy)

Perhaps even test the waters with a few planes and a few airports. Obviously the tickets would course a bit more (hey, its disney, what did you expect).

I think it would be cool, a disney plane, then Magical express, etc. I am sure there are other options they could do to tweak the travel experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter