What Is Disney Heritage?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
I was never in the college program, but I had co-workers who were. Apparently there is one class for those in the Disney College Program which always has a waiting list. This has me dying to know why. Has anyone here taken the Disney Heritage class? What goes on in there to make it so popular?

I've never done the program, but my understanding of the Heritage class is that is a history of the company, going all the back to Walt's childhood. From what I've read, it's a really interactive course and you get to do special behind-the-scenes tours in the parks, so perhaps that's why it so popular.

I've never done the program, but my understanding of the Heritage class is that is a history of the company, going all the back to Walt's childhood. From what I've read, it's a really interactive course and you get to do special behind-the-scenes tours in the parks, so perhaps that's why it so popular.

You're mostly right. In Exploring Disney Heritage we took a look at the company from its inception and followed its achievements milestones and sometimes struggles of Walt and Roy. It's a very interactive class with a guest speaker about every other week. You also do some activities during the course of the class that I won't spoil here. You do make trips into two of the parks, but there are no backstage tours, just in park activities exploring some of the subjects that you may have talked about in class like story telling. It's a really fun class and while it's not a "credit class" I felt it was well worth my time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!