What is Cruise casual in Alaska?

I packed one dress (which I wore to Palo), one pair of nice pants with a dressy black jacket (and three different tops) and one pair of black dress sandals. My girls wore dresses two of the nights--the other times they didn't want to dress up because they were either coming or going to the Vibe (and Mom, nobody dresses up there! :)). Hubby wore a jacket twice--once at Palo, once on formal night. We were among the folks who ended up wearing jeans to dinner after Ketchikan--very late in returning from the Lumberjack Show. Was glad to see that we weren't the only ones because I was feeling bad. But, the cruise director, Christian told us to go ahead and go straight to dinner!

I too am from California and absolutely hate the cold. But I have to tell you, I wasn't as cold on our trip as I thought I would be. The interior of the Wonder was very comfortable--I wore long sleeved-shirts or a light jacket with jeans. I also wore sandals inside. Only wore a jacket out on deck (especially during the Tracy Arm day). We had a veranda room--even slept with the door slightly ajar (and I know you're not suppose to.....). Brought capris but never wore them. Can't tell you how many heavy clothes I packed but didn't use. I never felt cold inside. Disney also provided blankets for deck use.

Kids lived in jeans, t-shirts, light jackets and tennis/hiking shoes. Packed rain gear but didn't need it! Packed gloves, hats as well and didn't use. We did the train ride/dog sledding in Skagway, science adventure in Juneau and Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan. Needed warmer clothes for our time in Victoria and Vancouver pre-cruise than on the Wonder!

I know my Mom and I will be fine, but for dinner at Palo for my Dad we still have to buy him a jacket - oh boy:rotfl: this is a man who lives in slippers, shorts and a t shirt if he can get away with it.:laughing:

Trust me...my DH is not thrilled! He keeps saying that semi formal is tucking your aloha shirt in and not wearing slippers! :rotfl2: No worries, I'll be "assisting" in the packing. Just get your Dad a sport coat...no suits needed. He can wear it to semi/formal nights too over an aloha shirt. :thumbsup2

I know my Mom and I will be fine, but for dinner at Palo for my Dad we still have to buy him a jacket - oh boy:rotfl: this is a man who lives in slippers, shorts and a t shirt if he can get away with it.:laughing:

You don't need to wear a jacket at Palo. My DH only wears a nice shirt and tie. It helps cut down on things to pack. I especially wouldn't waste money buying a jacket that wouldn't be useful outside of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter