What is considered fully vaccinated?

Loudoncruiser

Earning My Ears
I've seen conflicting information on what is considered to be fully vaccinated. The CDC says to be finished with all original vaccines 2 weeks before sailing, but up to date definition includes all available boosters. Can someone who has recently sailed please let me know if they were allowed to sail with only the 2 original shots? Was anyone turned away who did not have the boosters? Thanks.

You're considered fully vaccinated if you're completed the original course for an approved vaccine. That's one J&J shot or two shots of one of the others, or an approved mix or those. You don't need any boosters.

Thanks, I've seen some Facebook posts that have said the boosters are now required but I didn't want to call Disney and be on hold for hours!

"Fully vaccinated" and "up to date" are two different definitions. People try to use them interchangably but that's not the intent. As previously noted, "fully vaccinated" means having completed an original course of the vaccine, and "up to date" means having all the boosters you are eligible for (so for most of us, one booster, but for 50+ and those with risk factors, two boosters).

Just wanted to clarify they are meant to be two different definitions, because people sometimes think it's conflicting information/terminology but it's really not.

So I cruise in Dec — planning to do the fall booster when it’s available at least 2 weeks before embarking.

Was in a post from someone who did one of the European cruises. Don't recall if they received the information via email or what.
I think you need to check on your specific cruise because I believe some ports require boosters.

This is the language about additional requirements for some European countries. Received in an email for our upcoming Norway cruise:

Country-Specific Government Entry Requirements

Certain European countries may have COVID-19 vaccination, testing and documentation requirements for entry that are independent of and in addition to Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols. Guests should review and stay up to date with any requirements or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the countries their cruise itinerary visits.

Some countries require a COVID-19 booster dose to enter the destination or port of call if your final COVID-19 vaccine was administered more than 270 days before arrival. In these instances, guests should consider completing a booster dose at least 14 days before arrival into the country. Guests who do not meet country-specific entry requirements for their sailing may be unable reach their point of embarkation or unable to debark at certain ports of call or their final destination.

In some cases, Guests who are not considered fully vaccinated with the final dose or a booster administered within 270 days prior to entry, must undergo a COVID-19 test before debarking the ship in each port-of-call. This testing service will be provided aboard the ship, paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for COVID-19 testing in Europe. More information about this process will be provided onboard.

Guests are responsible for checking and meeting all requirements or restrictions that may be in place for travel to any homeport or port of call that is part of their cruise itinerary.

Guests can find links to all of the European ports Disney Cruise Line visits on our website.

Country-specific government entry requirements may change at any time, without notice. We strongly recommend that guests frequently check the entry requirements for each country they plan to visit, especially as they approach their sail date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter