What is considered a decent flight price out of Buffalo?

We booked flights for upcomign August trip back in May... jetBlue out of Buffalo and price for my family of 4 was $1,004 including all taxes.
These are direct flights and at good times 10am and 1pm return

Southwest was little more expensive and has gone up even more. Glad we booked when we did as flights out of Pearson are insane !

we booked with airtran for the flight going down flying out of Buffalo for our march break trip. got a pretty good deal at 126 a person, even with an extra 20 on top of that considering the time of year I think is good. southwest was even more for the same date of march7th, now waiting to be able to book the return flight hopefully with jet blue as we have a credit with them, keeping my fingers crossed for another decent price for then and also hopeing for a room only discount for our poly stay from the 7 to the 9th which is when we are booked on the fantasy.:goodvibes

I JUST BOOKED 7 SEATS DIRECT FLIGHT FROM ORLANDO BACK TO BUFFALO JET BLUE $118 EACH FOR DEC10th. WE ARE FLYING DOWN AT $150 each WHICH I BOOKED WEEKS AGO. WE ALWAYS FLY JET BLUE OUT OF BUFFALO. FIRST BAG FREE. SOUTHWEST OFFERS 2 FREE BAGS BUT I DONT LIKE NOT KNOWING WHERE IM SITTING.

Hi,

I am trying to be organised and book for the end of January. Flights out of Toronto are crazy so I looked at JetBlue out of Buffalo and right now my dates are $210 pp. Compared to Toronto that looks cheap but is that a decent price or should I hang on for a sale or Southwest? People here keep telling me they wait and fly for $79 from Buffalo but I am sceptical.

Thanks.

I say book it! I made the mistake of waiting, and the prices went up to $240 for our August trip. You have to remember that even there are seats left, each time someone books the lower price, the rest of the seats will jump slightly in price (supply and demand!).

I jumped on $240 and have not seen anything lower. They are now sitting at $256. As other people mentioned, you can always get a credit if the tickets do drop in the end.

Good luck!

I say book it! I made the mistake of waiting, and the prices went up to $240 for our August trip. You have to remember that even there are seats left, each time someone books the lower price, the rest of the seats will jump slightly in price (supply and demand!).

I jumped on $240 and have not seen anything lower. They are now sitting at $256. As other people mentioned, you can always get a credit if the tickets do drop in the end.

Good luck!

I agree. We purchased our August flights (out of Syracuse) in January and paid $868 return for all three of us (direct flights both directions via Jetblue). Those same flights are now almost $1800 :scared1: .

For our Christmas trip, we paid $1125 for the three of us, which was pretty hard to swallow in light of our August fares (booked and paid for all seats just 11 days ago......flying from Buffalo this time, again direct flights both directions). We are flying Airtran to Orlando at a cost of $170 pp and Jetblue home to Buffalo at $205 pp. We knew our dates would be higher as its during the very popular holiday season (flying out December 23 and returning December 30, Sunday to Sunday) so we had to suck it up. In under 2 weeks, those same flights have now increased to $230 pp (Airtran) a $240 pp (Jetblue)...... a $95 increase per passenger :sick: . So glad I didn't hesitate to commit or else I'm sure DH would have said to forget it (and I'd be spending Christmas with my inlaws :eek:).

We just booked for Sept 11-18 out of Detroit on Southwest. We would prefer to fly out of Buffalo but SW has a great sale on right now - $170USD per person round trip taxes in (and of course no baggage fees!) They are connecting flights but we are flying out in the morning and coming home in the evening which is perfect for us.

I watch prices everyday as well and I also use bing.com/travel and their flight price predictor to determine when I should book. They won't show fares for Southwest or AirTran but the other airlines pricing as well as the predictor helps you feel a little better about when to book.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter