What is cash needed for on the cruise

goofymama

DIS Veteran
I've tried the search function, but I'm not coming up with much. I'm trying to determine how much cash I need to bring with me on the trip. Other than room service tips, is there anything else on board that I will need cash for? What about in ports? I'll be on the Western Carribbean Fantasy cruise.

Thanks!

I've tried the search function, but I'm not coming up with much. I'm trying to determine how much cash I need to bring with me on the trip. Other than room service tips, is there anything else on board that I will need cash for? What about in ports? I'll be on the Western Carribbean Fantasy cruise.

Thanks!

On the ship you need cash for room service, even though you can charge it. The laundry facilities (at least you needed cash last time I was on THe Magic). You need cash for tipping for luggage, when you check in at the port and when you pick up your luggage if you use the porters. Cash at Ports for cabs and such. Not all places will take credit cards. Oh, for cabs, make sure you have small bills, since they say they never have change.

not a blessed thing on board unless you want to pay your on board account with cash.. all other charges are through your cabin card

for in port.. well that's a personal preference but we like the security of using our CC even if the exchange rate isn't always the best offer. and not all ports take American money anyway

You'll need tips for the luggage porters...both before and after the cruise.
For the ports, it depends on what you're doing. If you book an excursion, that's charged to your on board account. If you plan on shopping, most shops take cash or credit, same as in the US...and you don't have to exchange currency or anything.

On the ship you need cash for room service, even though you can charge it. The laundry facilities (at least you needed cash last time I was on THe Magic). You need cash for tipping for luggage, when you check in at the port and when you pick up your luggage if you use the porters. Cash at Ports for cabs and such. Not all places will take credit cards. Oh, for cabs, make sure you have small bills, since they say they never have change.

Washers/dryers are operated by swiping your KTTW card now.

:cutie:

Thanks!

Cash is good for tipping when you get room service. Also to tip the guides after excursions, as well as the porters (as others have mentioned).

It's also good to have cash in port for small purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter