What is Captain EO like for Children?

scrappinginontario

I have been to Disney more than 30 times but have never seen Captain EO. What is it like for a somewhat timid child? My 6 yo still really enjoys Disney Junior although we turn off some episodes that feature Mr. Seedrick a little too much as she finds him frightening.

I'll admit that I know nothing at all about Captain EO other than it has something to do with Michael Jackson.

Would it be an option for us or does it feature more of the darker moments of Michael Jackson (i.e. Bad)?

You are probably the best judge of what will frighten you child. Just watch it and see what you think:

I've never done EO in person, but we watched the video on youtube last night. and I think we will be skipping it. it looks so lame. I don't think your kid will be scared, i think they will be bored to tears!

I've never done EO in person, but we watched the video on youtube last night. and I think we will be skipping it. it looks so lame. I don't think your kid will be scared, i think they will be bored to tears!
I have to say, I was actually surprised by how much we enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great show, but it had a certain charm that I wasn't expecting. It's not a terrible choice if you're looking for someplace to escape the heat for 30 minutes or so.

I had to comment here because I saw Captain EO as a child during its first run, and I was TERRIFIED. I was probably around six. Of course, 3D movies weren't so common then, so it might not be so scary if your child is used to them.

I was bored to tears, so I can't imagine a 6 year old sitting well for it. It's just too long, and I like MJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter