What is bubba gump like? Is it worth it?

Steph&katie

Best friends are going to Disney!
Want to go to bubba gump next year I know there is a variety of foods which is great cause I'm fussy however is it worth it?
I love the movie Forrest gump but is there anything better that Im missing out on or is bulbs gump the best?
Thankyou!

I haven't eaten at the restaurant here at CityWalk so I can't really comment. I went to the Maui location but that's quite a trip just for dinner. ;)

From what I've read online, some people have had good meals and some haven't so I guess it's hit or miss. If you like the movie...by all means go.

We love love love the Bubbas on City Walk. We never miss it and usually never miss it every day we are there ;)

The one in New Orleans, just say no! I guess it depends on location, but we have only eaten at one we did not like.

My kids love Shrimpers Heaven and I get I'm Stuffed Shrimp. :)

I've never been before either. My question about Bubba Gumps is do they have other offerings beside seafood? my husband doesn't care for seafood but my son and I love it. Are their non-seafood items good?

I can't stand seafood either.... I love the movie but don't like seafood... Weird I know but still but yeah they have loads of stuff other than seafood they do burgers, salads, chicken, new York strips and more steaks so it's a variety thank god I wouldn't even bother asking if it only served seafood hahaa :)

We have eaten at Bubba Gumps in Denver and in Santa Monica, neither were very good. Overpriced, comparable to a Red Lobster in my mind.

Don't get me wrong there's great decently priced restaurants in orlando if you go to the parks especially in city walk they are a bit pricy but I really want to try a few I mean there are about what five or six restaurants, or maybe seven not sure but me and my friend are visiting Disney as well as universal next year and we are visiting universal and IOA three times total and we want a nice meal in city walk after a long day at the park so were nice and stuffed when we head back to our hotel, is there anything better in universal than bubba gump?

Oh!! What is margaretaville like? What food can you get there? And what's the pricing like?
Please no links want opinions thankyou do much!!

We love love love the Bubbas on City Walk. We never miss it and usually never miss it every day we are there ;)

The one in New Orleans, just say no! I guess it depends on location, but we have only eaten at one we did not like.

My kids love Shrimpers Heaven and I get I'm Stuffed Shrimp. :)

I agree! The one in New Orleans was horrible. Haven't tried any other locations, but will try the one in Galveston soon. Hopefully it's better. Couldn't be worse! :goodvibes

HadesTX said:
I agree! The one in New Orleans was horrible. Haven't tried any other locations, but will try the one in Galveston soon. Hopefully it's better. Couldn't be worse! :goodvibes

Galveston location is better than New Orleans. We have eaten there a couple of times since it opened. Happy to have one close, but not close enough to wear it out.

Want to go to bubba gump next year I know there is a variety of foods which is great cause I'm fussy however is it worth it?
I love the movie Forrest gump but is there anything better that Im missing out on or is bulbs gump the best?
Thankyou!

If you are asking if Bubba Gump's is the best restaurant in Citywalk, I'd say no. However, it all depends on your taste.

Prices at all of the Citywalk restaurants are pretty much the same except for Emeril's.

If you want to know what are the general favourites at the hotels, Citywalk and in the parks, you can check out the polls at the top of the dining sticky on this board. Reading through that thread should also give you a good idea of what people have tried and what they like.

I ate at Bubba Gump's in the Mall of America in Minneapolis and it was great fun and tasty.

We went for lunch on Citywalk and had a fine time, too. Very comparable between the two.

The waiter and DS16 went back and forth on trivia questions. That was alot of fun! Since it was emptier for lunch, there was not the same vibe as a busy night. Part of the cost is the great atmosphere.

I ate here on my most recent visit. It was good and I'd go there again, though I'd probably get something else. I had the Shrimper's Heaven and it was a lot of fried food, with your standard fried shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Tempura Shrimp and some chilled peel-n-eat thrown in. I didn't care for most of the sauces they served with them; I stuck to good old cocktail. There were fries too... they were perfectly cooked, but there were so many shrimp that I only had room to eat a few.

Brush up on your Forrest Gump knowledge before you go- you will be quizzed. ;)

We have eaten at Bubba Gumps in Denver and in Santa Monica, neither were very good. Overpriced, comparable to a Red Lobster in my mind.

red lobster is insulted;)

we've eaten at citiwalk twice (not by my choice, kiddo requests) and at miami location (again i was out-voted but food so bad there we agreed never to return).

imo lots of fried food at it's worst, greasy and rather tasteless, but opinions are subjective...OP if you're a fan of the book/movie, why not give it a whirl?

Galveston location is better than New Orleans. We have eaten there a couple of times since it opened. Happy to have one close, but not close enough to wear it out.

Good to know! I should be headed back in December.

I'm a soon to be DW Rookie (April 2013) so don't know where Citiwalk is. Can I get a hand from someone on this please? Thanks! :confused3

BG is good but not that cheap. We had a first bad experience there a few years back but decided to try again. Now we visit every trip with no regrets. I'm not a big seafood eater but DW is. So I normally have a salad and share a platter with DW. DS has the normal kids food.

pegrad1 said:
I'm a soon to be DW Rookie (April 2013) so don't know where Citiwalk is. Can I get a hand from someone on this please? Thanks! :confused3

Hey pegrad1
City walk isn't on the wdw property it's actually apart of universal studios IOA and HPW it has a few shops a big cinema and restaurants and bars it's kind of like a smaller version if downtown Disney in WDW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter