What is Bonnet Creek Resort?

Dr.Mickey

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what Bonnet Creek Resort is? It is located near the road to Port Orleans. It is on Disney property, but I'm not sure I've read anything about it. Does anyone have any pictures? Thanks

Dr.Mickey said:
Does anyone know what Bonnet Creek Resort is? It is located near the road to Port Orleans. It is on Disney property, but I'm not sure I've read anything about it. Does anyone have any pictures? Thanks

its actually not on disney property at all....when walt bought the land he didnt buy that one area.

Dr.Mickey said:
It's actually on a landlocked parcel of land that Walt was never able to purchase. Disney was required by law to create an access road. It will be a Fairfield timeshare.

I am confused...I thought I saw that OKW and SSR are "Bonnet Creek Resorts." Did I see that... or am I totally imagining things? :confused3

For example...in my 2003 Unofficial Guide, in the resorts section, there is a section called "Bonnet Creek Resorts" and those two are listed. I dunno...I was reading it last night in bed AFTER I took a Tylenol PM so maybe I dreamt it! LOL!

I've never heard OKW or SSR referred to as 'Bonnet Creek Resorts'.
Bonnet creek runs thru the property. Bonnet Creek golf course is between POR-Riverside and Fort Wilderness. The Fairfield timeshare 'Bonnet Creek Resort' is near Carribbean Beach. As stated above, it is not on Disney property, but surrounded by Disney property on 3 sides, and I-4 on the other. The only access is from Disney property.

Ok, I am looking at page 150 of my 2004 Unofficial Guide to WDW...in the chapter titled "WDW Hotel Profiles" and the title of this section is "The Bonnet Creek Resorts" and I see SSR, OKW and POR/POFQ are listed under this heading. I am guessing they are grouped this way because the are situated "on" Bonnet Creek. Kind of confusing....

Other sections, for example...are Animal Kingdom resorts (AKL, AS, CS, POP) and MK resorts (WL, GF, POLY CR) just to give you an idea.

ETA: change date of my Unofficial guide...it is the 2004 edition.

I think that is an "Unoffical Guide" method and not the Disney method. Disney considers them DTD Resorts.

Carol-We were posting at the same time!

yes, i see what you mean now! Sorry to have added to the confusion...now it is crystal clear! :earsgirl:

I was not aware of the true Bonnet Creek resort!

I guess this is why it's an unofficial guide. SSR, OKW, POR/FQ are all considered Downtown Disney area resorts. Pop Century is considered a Wide World of Sports resort. CBR should be as well, but it's considered an Epcot area resort along with the S/D/Y/B/BW.

Resorts are typically categorized by what major landmarker they are near, so that guests follow the sign for the major area, then as they approach, they see signs for the resort. (ie: follow the signs for Animal Kingdom to eventually see signs for All-Stars)

Sometimes a map will help. Or in this case a satellite image.

I originally posted this photo in a different thread, but it's still relevant here.

The Red-X marks the approximate position of the Fairfield Bonnet Creek resort. It's basically adjacent to CBR and Pop Century. (PC was under construction at the time of the photo)

The blue line is approximately the driveway going from Buena Vista Drive (Disney property) into the Fairfield property and up to the resort. I hadn't driven up there in awhile, so this is my best recollection.

There is no direct access between the Fairfield Bonnet Creek resort and the Disney resorts (PC and CBR). There is heavy vegetation between the two properties, and I believe there is also a fence. Therefore guests staying at Bonnet Creek cannot plan on just walking over to PC or CBR to catch Disney operated busses.

You can clearly see Bonnet Creek itself. That's the blue water that runs next to I-4 for awhile, then curves up and goes past Old Key West resort.

Labels I used, for those who are unfamiliar, are:

SSR: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (DVC resort)
DD: Downtown Disney (mostly it's the West Side that's in the photo)
TL: Typhoon Lagoon waterpark
CBR: Caribbean Beach Resort
PC: Pop Century Resort
MGM: Studios theme park

Not labeled individually, but the Epcot Resorts area includes:
Boardwalk
Boardwalk Villas (DVC)
Swan
Dolphin
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Beach Club Villas (DVC)

18721BonnetCreekLocation.jpg

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that satellite image! It really puts thing in perspective for me.

Plus...I consider myself somewhat of a "WDW AUTHORITY" among my firends...but I will be staying at OKW in a month and I had NO IDEA that Epcot was just across the street! This helps as I plan my PSs! Thanks! You learn something new every day....

wildernesslodgelover said:
Thank you SO MUCH for posting that satellite image! It really puts thing in perspective for me.

Plus...I consider myself somewhat of a "WDW AUTHORITY" among my firends...but I will be staying at OKW in a month and I had NO IDEA that Epcot was just across the street! This helps as I plan my PSs! Thanks! You learn something new every day....
Keep in mind that while OKW is basically 'across the street', or in this case, on the other side of the expressway (EPCOT Center Drive), it isn't directly accessible from OKW. That small parking lot you see directly across from OKW is the CM's parking lot. The guest parking lot is at the top of the picture. You must take a car or bus to get there, and it's a round-a-bout trip that makes you think it's pretty far away.

A-ha! Thank you...I just told my DH we could just jump over to Epcot on a whim....guess I will have to let him know I was incorrect! heehee, wouldn't be the first time...LOL.

I still really enjoyed that satellite image, thanks!

Does anyone have any pictures of the pool at Bonnet Creek? We are going in May and would love to check it out. Thanks in advance!

This is the best I could find. This is actually the Lazy River, maybe that's the pool in the background.

fl-fairbonnet5.jpg

Thanks so much for the picture! Do you have any more pictures? If so, I would love to check them out. Since it is a new resort, I am having a hard time finding pictures of the place and I am trying to get my kids fired up!

Do you have an email address I can send them too? I tried to PM you but it said you weren't taking PM's.

Thanks.

I'd like to see more pics, also....could you post a few more? If not...that's fine...I will PM you also! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter