What is better Disneyland or Disney World

I could care less which one was better. To me what is more important is that I am There with my family. I could go to any of the Disney parks around the world and think that that particular park was the greatest place on earth as long as I am with my family.:snooty: ;)

For whatever reason's OP started this thread ;) - I'm am glad that it has been started.

DH doesn't want to do WDW in the summer of 2009. I can however talk him into a SoCal trip. I haven't been to DL since 1984ish, but I do remember how I felt when I was there. I loved that it was Walt's Park.

I'm trying to learn all that I can about DL and am trying NOT to compare it to WDW, as I do realize they are apple and oranges.

So, OP whatever your intent was....thank you anyway.

As a whole WDW is better than DLR. But Disneyland is much better than the Magic Kingdom! :thumbsup2

Yes I agree.

WDW is an awesome vacation because there are so many places, but it just isn't quite the same as the classic Disneyland. WDW has better (and many more) resort hotels and I prefer the way the castle is showcased in MK more than in DL, but Disneyland overall is far better than MK. Walt's presence really lingers over everything and you can tell. WDW's rides aren't quite as impressive as the originals, but are still pretty amazing!

I think you can definitely enjoy what each has to offer and have a great time no matter which location you pick. :wizard:

As a local, DL will always be home to me. C:

I don't think they're that different. There are many similar rides and even shows. The main difference are the extra parks at DW, like Epcot Ctr. I mean, of course they aren't identical, but I wouldn't say they're apples and oranges. They're more similar than Knotts Berry Farm and DL or Six Flags and DL. I don't know, I'm sure DW has changed immensely since I went, but I can't imagine the MK and DL being night and day different.:confused3

Which Disney castle is best?

Personally, I'd really love the see the one at Disneyland Paris. It has the height of the castle at WDW but the pretty color of the one at Disneyland. And it looks like it was built in a mountain. Very cool.

(These aren't my photos...I just found them on google.)

Disneyland_paris_castle.jpg

disneylandpariscastle1.jpg

disneylandpariscastleinside.jpg

Which Disney castle is best?

Personally, I'd really love the see the one at Disneyland Paris. It has the height of the castle at WDW but the pretty color of the one at Disneyland. And it looks like it was built in a mountain. Very cool.

(These aren't my photos...I just found them on google.)

Disneyland_paris_castle.jpg

disneylandpariscastle1.jpg

disneylandpariscastleinside.jpg

These are so nice!! Thanks for posting them. Now I need to go to Paris!! I wish DL castle looked like this on the inside:sad1:

You can't compare, they're totally different experiences.

I have been to both and if I get a chance to go to either I'm always happy!

I have spent the majority of my Disney play time at WDW and love it there. I met my DH standing in line at BTMRR 3 years ago and we were married last year. My heart belongs to WDW.

Having said that, I strongly believe you simply cannot expect the same experience. I convinced my DH of that last year when we went to DL --- he thought DL would be too small.

What he discovered is they ARE different.

Yes, DL is small and sometimes that's a good thing.

DL is far more intimate. We LOVE watching the parade in CA and scooting back to DL quickly for a bite and fireworks.

We are leaving on September 11 to celebrate my birthday at the Grand Cali. This year, I am still hobbling a bit from an ankle accident a few months ago. DL will be FAR easier for me to navigate --- and escape back to the hotel if I need to rest.

I actually love how quickly you transition from one land to another at DL. Yes, perhaps some of that charm is because I do not know the park as well as the parks at WDW.

Yes, WDW has far more to do --- many more resorts to choose from depending on your budget and the magic lives there too.

What DL has that is hands down - the most special for me is.....that is where Walt walked. His hands, personally, are everywhere there. I hear the sound of "Disneyland is your land" everywhere I walk there.

I am almost 54 years old. I was raised with the Mickey Mouse Club - tears fill my eyes when I watch the magic of the characters with little children. I'm not as objective as a non-disney nut would be.

I love BOTH places and celebrate the fact that they offer different experiences (and I LOVE DL's space mountain!!!!!)

One practical side of me also recognizes the standards of quality at WDW are not always what we remember. My DH works for "the mouse" and we are well aware of the $$$ cutbacks. They are especially noticable at WDW.

Last year we found DL to have none of the budget-cut type problems of WDW (bathrooms can be sewers at WDW at the end of the night, cutbacks in mousekeeping mean your resort room may not be touched by a maid until 5 or 6 pm.) We haved learned how to avoid some of the problems --- but they are there.

When we were at DL last year it was an entirely different feeling. Castmembers were so friendly, the park was clean, there were ladies cleaning the bathrooms every time I entered. Perhaps because they are so close to the "grownups" that could stop b at any time. Maybe it keeps them on their toes.

Alright....of course I'll think of everything else I wanted to say later....but that's enough for now.

I have spent the majority of my Disney play time at WDW and love it there. I met my DH standing in line at BTMRR 3 years ago and we were married last year. My heart belongs to WDW.

Having said that, I strongly believe you simply cannot expect the same experience. I convinced my DH of that last year when we went to DL --- he thought DL would be too small.

What he discovered is they ARE different.

Yes, DL is small and sometimes that's a good thing.

DL is far more intimate. We LOVE watching the parade in CA and scooting back to DL quickly for a bite and fireworks.

We are leaving on September 11 to celebrate my birthday at the Grand Cali. This year, I am still hobbling a bit from an ankle accident a few months ago. DL will be FAR easier for me to navigate --- and escape back to the hotel if I need to rest.

I actually love how quickly you transition from one land to another at DL. Yes, perhaps some of that charm is because I do not know the park as well as the parks at WDW.

Yes, WDW has far more to do --- many more resorts to choose from depending on your budget and the magic lives there too.

What DL has that is hands down - the most special for me is.....that is where Walt walked. His hands, personally, are everywhere there. I hear the sound of "Disneyland is your land" everywhere I walk there.

I am almost 54 years old. I was raised with the Mickey Mouse Club - tears fill my eyes when I watch the magic of the characters with little children. I'm not as objective as a non-disney nut would be.

I love BOTH places and celebrate the fact that they offer different experiences (and I LOVE DL's space mountain!!!!!)

One practical side of me also recognizes the standards of quality at WDW are not always what we remember. My DH works for "the mouse" and we are well aware of the $$$ cutbacks. They are especially noticable at WDW.

Last year we found DL to have none of the budget-cut type problems of WDW (bathrooms can be sewers at WDW at the end of the night, cutbacks in mousekeeping mean your resort room may not be touched by a maid until 5 or 6 pm.) We haved learned how to avoid some of the problems --- but they are there.

When we were at DL last year it was an entirely different feeling. Castmembers were so friendly, the park was clean, there were ladies cleaning the bathrooms every time I entered. Perhaps because they are so close to the "grownups" that could stop b at any time. Maybe it keeps them on their toes.

Alright....of course I'll think of everything else I wanted to say later....but that's enough for now.

The bathrooms at WDW parks were pretty gross...even early in the day.

It seems like DL had similar issues with peeling paint, untidy bathrooms, and garbage pickup not that long ago. As the 50th celebration approached, they really took steps to freshen things up and appartently management has kept it up (I'll see for myself this November).

As for comparing the parks, as many have said, I think DL is the single best park hands down (I haven't been to the overseas ones to compare them). DL also just has that nostalgic edge that WDW doesn't - all that Wonderful World of Disney brainwashing as a kid showing Walt dreaming about building it and then walking through the park.

However, there is something special about being totally immersed at WDW. Sure there are some chain hotels, a few gas stations, and a McDonalds or two, but basically it's Disney (or wetlands) everywhere you look for miles. It's sometimes pretty jarring to walk out of DL onto Harbor - all that development right up to the gates.

Wow Janeje, thank you!! I had no idea what their castle looked like. I LOVE how it's built in that hill. So cool! The inside is gorgeous too.

Wow Janeje, thank you!! I had no idea what their castle looked like. I LOVE how it's built in that hill. So cool! The inside is gorgeous too.
I have seen and been in the castle in Paris. It is easily the best of the three. Just spectacular. ::yes::

For what is worth, I have been to both and I vote for WDW hands down!!! I was just at DLR and did not feel the "disney spirit" as much as I do when I am at WDW. We ran into some not so friendly CM's and just some uncaring ones, which I am sure is clouding my judgement. Being at DL was better than CA...over half of the park feels like non-disney to me!

Anyway, just my opinion!
;)

For what is worth, I have been to both and I vote for WDW hands down!!! I was just at DLR and did not feel the "disney spirit" as much as I do when I am at WDW. We ran into some not so friendly CM's and just some uncaring ones, which I am sure is clouding my judgement. Being at DL was better than CA...over half of the park feels like non-disney to me!

Anyway, just my opinion!
;)

I had the opposite experience. I find the cast members at Disneyland to be a bit more friendly.

There's an answer the old timers at Disney like to give when asked to compare the Anaheim and Orlando main parks, and to me it still applies as to how they are currently run: Disneyland is a park designed by a father for his daughters, while the Magic Kingdom is designed by a committee for the hordes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter