• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is actually going on at the Harbor Entrance, crowd-wise?

Wait, okay... so Harbor side security opened up at 7:15 this morning (Wednesday), walked everybody through to DTD in a single line for both parks and held there till 8, at which point they released you to the Esplanade so you could line up at turnstiles in front of DL or CA... is that right? What time did they open the DL gates and let you go up to rope drop? and then rope drop in DL was at 9?

Arrggghhh all bets are off, it seems like. Trying to get a fix on entry methodology for next week, but I hope they settle on a system by the beginning of next week!
Yes didn’t make sense to me either.

Wait, okay... so Harbor side security opened up at 7:15 this morning (Wednesday), walked everybody through to DTD in a single line for both parks and held there till 8, at which point they released you to the Esplanade so you could line up at turnstiles in front of DL or CA... is that right? What time did they open the DL gates and let you go up to rope drop? and then rope drop in DL was at 9?

Arrggghhh all bets are off, it seems like. Trying to get a fix on entry methodology for next week, but I hope they settle on a system by the beginning of next week!
So, that’s the process that happened opening day. They lined everyone from all security entrances up in the tram drop-off area, then opened the esplanade, and people peeled to DL or DCA to line up.

I think they are doing that to process the long Harbor line before they’re ready to let people into the parks. Otherwise you couldn’t let many people through security there before the gates opened.

Where are the GCH guests in this mixture? Are they already at the turnstiles or do they go into the line in the tram drop off area with the guests from Harbor?

Where are the GCH guests in this mixture? Are they already at the turnstiles or do they go into the line in the tram drop off area with the guests from Harbor?
Last time we were there, GCH guests came in thru DTD and did not join thee tram group.

The new rope drop procedure is causing anxiety.

It would be great if someone posted today's rope drop procedure.

Last edited:
The new rope drop procedure is causing anxiety.

It would be great if someone posted today's rope drop procedure.

BG 90 for ROTR this morning! Anyone at either Harbor or DTD entrance already and want to report back on how things are right now? Like @DontSpamMe am curious what rope drop procedures they're going to do today... will report back my experiences once I get there later!

My experiences this morning: arrived at Harbor at 8:40, 20 mins before rope drop. Here was the line, wrapping around itself:
5786C837-9EC9-4036-B91D-5AEC4E1E79A7.jpeg
(sorry, on mobile, don’t know how to rotate)

However, it appears they were holding everyone and had not opened security yet. Security opened at 8:45 and every screening line was open - we moved extremely quickly and I was inside Esplanade by 8:53. About 20-30 people in each line in Esplanade to get into DLP. Was inside the park by 8:59, in time to hear official 9 AM welcome. So overall took 20 mins from arrival at Harbor to entering DLP, and it appears they followed yesterday’s procedure and didn’t open the park early - not much benefit to arriving any earlier.

What about the DTD side? I'm staying on Katella, and thinking about walking over through DTD around 7 AM tomorrow morning. Will I be allowed to walk in through DTD that early? Is it the same path (by the Disneyland Hotel) that it used to be a year or two ago? Is it worth the 10 minute detour?

My experiences this morning: arrived at Harbor at 8:40, 20 mins before rope drop. Here was the line, wrapping around itself:
View attachment 582739

However, it appears they were holding everyone and had not opened security yet. Security opened at 8:45 and every screening line was open - we moved extremely quickly and I was inside Esplanade by 8:53. About 20-30 people in each line in Esplanade to get into DLP. Was inside the park by 8:59, in time to hear official 9 AM welcome. So overall took 20 mins from arrival at Harbor to entering DLP, and it appears they followed yesterday’s procedure and didn’t open the park early - not much benefit to arriving any earlier.

Thank you so much for your report. We are staying on Harbor Starting 6/21. I sure hope the buses from the Toy Story lot don't throw a huge wrench into things.

What about the DTD side? I'm staying on Katella, and thinking about walking over through DTD around 7 AM tomorrow morning. Will I be allowed to walk in through DTD that early? Is it the same path (by the Disneyland Hotel) that it used to be a year or two ago? Is it worth the 10 minute detour?
Sorry, didn’t go through DTD today so can’t provide any insight!

I'm curious about people staying at PPH? Are they walking through the DTD side? trying to make sense of all this. If both security lines open at the same time, but they are walking the Harbor side to the DTD side, does that put their hotel guests at a disadvantage? DLH opens in a few more weeks, right? That is a lot of money to pay with no early entry and what sounds like chaos and stress in the morning. Luckily my trip isn't until September so I can see what makes the most sense as all of this continues to play out.

View attachment 582739

Sounds like for those of us who aren't morning people anyway, and staying across Harbor, might make sense to head over about 8:30 when the security line will almost be moving.....

Last two says I've opted for the DTD side with no issues.

Dropped off close to DTD walkway, walked through security at 8am today , in line at Disneyland by 8:15am. Lines started being let in around 8:25am , was at rope drop by 8:35am or so. Only reason I even came that early was for a 9am Oga's reservation lol , or may have waited. I think I'll avoid harbor for a bit..

Attachments

• 20210617_083200.jpg
    20210617_083200.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 26
Last two says I've opted for the DTD side with no issues.

Dropped off close to DTD walkway, walked through security at 8am today , in line at Disneyland by 8:15am. Lines started being let in around 8:25am , was at rope drop by 8:35am or so. Only reason I even came that early was for a 9am Oga's reservation lol , or may have waited. I think I'll avoid harbor for a bit..
When you say “dropped off close to DTD walkway,” can you specify where that was? I e been poring over Google maps trying to see where the closest spot you can get dropped is.

I just can't imagine waiting in line at 6am. I've seen pictures on Instagram. But it seems the one hiccup is getting in, seems like once you're in, lines really aren't that bad. (?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter