What is a Troll?

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
I've seen this term used a few times on the DIS. From the posts I've seen it in I think it has somthing to do with a fake post but I'm not sure. Any one know what a Troll is?!?

Sorry safteymom that definition is false.......A Troll in MB terms is an individual who reads the boards but does not post....also known as a Lurker (one who lurks around without adding to the info)....

A troll is not necessaraly a bad thing, some just wish to stay silent

Actually, Safetymom's definition is more correct.

A troll tries to stir the pot, to create controversy or trouble. They often then will lurk to watch to enjoy the reactions from their posts.

Lurkers (who just read and don't post) are fine. Trolls (who annoy and cause trouble) are not.

I don't know what the true definition is, but I learned that when folks around here say "Troll" they mean someone who likes to get their big old spoon out to stir up the trouble.

a troll is a nasty horrible creature that lives under a bridge-so when you hear them trip trapping around the forums ignore them........the best way to deal with them is 'dont feed the trolls' :D :D :D

Zip-a-dee-dude-da said:
Sorry safteymom that definition is false.......A Troll in MB terms is an individual who reads the boards but does not post....also known as a Lurker (one who lurks around without adding to the info)....

A troll is not necessaraly a bad thing, some just wish to stay silent
I belive this is more like "trolling". IMHO a troll is a low poster who is out to drag others into a big mess...lots of flames usually involved.

spiceycat said:
gee - I though it was the one of the creatures in Norway's Maelstrom ride. :goodvibes

HAHAHA! I got the bigest kick out of this!

Thanks for the chuckle!
xoxo

lil.disney.princess said:
a troll is a nasty horrible creature that lives under a bridge-so when you hear them trip trapping around the forums ignore them........the best way to deal with them is 'dont feed the trolls' :D :D :D

Words to live by!

From Wikipedia:
In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the inflammatory message itself posted by a troll or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" (the gerund) is also commonly used to describe the activity.

mill4023 said:
From Wikipedia:
In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the inflammatory message itself posted by a troll or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" (the gerund) is also commonly used to describe the activity.

Yep. My DH looked it up also because We were wondering what it meant. :)

Are you for real We always take or cups back to the same resort. No one has ever said anything.

I thought trolls were those funky looking bug eye dolls with the brightly colored hair. I was always told if you rub their hair just right they could be good luck........guess I was mis informed. My bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter