What is a not so typical souvenir you've gotten from WDW?

My favourite souvenir is the large statue of Mickey and Minnie called Walk in the Park. DH always said that it reminded him of us. It sits detween our fireplace and TV so that I can see it everyday.

I got a blue and white striped Mickey apron. I love it. Actually, I had fallen in love with it, but couldn't make myself spend the money. My parents were with us on the trip and my mom secretly bought it and had it delivered to my room. :love: I wear it every time I cook and think of Disney.

So, now I have to return the favor and find something she'd like.

On our honeymoon my husband bought me a Lenox box. Not just any box but a porcelain replica of the Woodsman's box that the Evil Queen gives him to place Snow Whites heart in. It's really pretty and the evil Queen is on the top of it.

I'm not a big buyer of most of the stuff on this thread, but I have to say I do take stuff home that really reminds me of Disney.

1. Unused Fastpasses...I always get one on the way out so it has the date on it.

2. Guidemaps..take one every day I go, use it, and bring it home. I write the date used in Sharpies somewhere on them. They are always creased, folded up, and nasty looking.

3. Room keys and park passes..same deal..usually creased and scratched up.

Being a teacher-I have a small section of bulletin board above the white boards that has all sorts of stuff hanging on it. Just about every thing listed above is at work on that small section of board. It's a great conversation starter with kids, plus every time I'm pooped at work or just tired of being "here" instead of "there", that unused Space Mountain Fastpass brings it back.

And...they're all free!

This year, I collected a few of the EP and MK Guide Maps in Spanish to give to the Spanish teacher where I teach.

Every trip we go on I buy a new watch. On our honeymoon I also bought a beautiful wall clock of Sorcerer Mickey. One day a while after our honeymoon the clock just fell off the wall and cracked. I was devastated! So I called the park stores phone number and they were able to ship me another one. It amazes me how they got it right with just a description over the phone!!

060.jpg

I got a little buddha from the Chinese Pavilion when I went with my family in 2001. It sits on the shelf with my other "world travel" souvenirs because I feel like I "toured the world" there, too! :)

I have that same Scar button!

As for unusual souvenirs, how about sprinkles? My sister loves to bake, and in the last year or two has been doing a lot of Cake Boss style ridiculousness, so she was going nuts trying to find those multi-colored Mickey head sprinkles that are all over most desserts in the World (she thought they'd be perfect for cupcakes for her DD7's class). Finally at our last dinner (1900 Park Fare) she asked a Cast Member and was told they are exclusive to Disney Parks restaurants. Except he came back a few minutes later with a big cup full of them because she looked so sad! :wizard: I don't think she ever used those sprinkles, they are just too special! :rotfl:

Most unique would have to be the CRT champagne flutes we were presented with during our meal there. We ate there while on our honeymoon and when our waiter found out that we were on our honeymoon he brought them out to us in a box to take home. They now reside in the china cabinet right next to all the crystal.:goodvibes

Another favorite is our advent calendar we got last year...its a giant green mickey head wreath with different characters that you stick onto the ears as you count down the days. The kids LOVE it.

I bought one of those small $150 Dooney & Bourke bags in MK. I searched for one with a prominent image of the castle on it and thought it was SO cute, but the bag is SO stiff and small that I stopped using it after a few weeks. It's sitting on a shelf in my closet now. Meanwhile, my collection of $4 popcorn buckets gets more use and enjoyment in my house! Lesson learned. :laughing:

Keep using it, they get so soft. I am amazed. Mine was so stiff that I had my doubts but now it is amazing. It only took a about a month and a half or so.

I bought a tiara last year on Main Street, which was pretty unique....oh the most unique thing I've ever brought home was one of those Chinese parasols from Epcot. Bought it around Christmas a few years back and I still have NO idea how I got it home or I just can't remember but it's in my room now. I brought it into school in like seventh grade because we were studying China. I remember that but not how I got it home.

I used to get a lot of interesting things when they had that little antique store in Liberty Square. I have a framed wall mirror, some opera glasses, and a couple pieces of antique jewelry from there, among other things. I used to love browsing through that shop.

I also have a couple really interesting dolls from the Japanese pavilion at Epcot. They aren't the traditional adult looking dolls. These look more like children. They're about 20 inches tall and have the most gorgeous hair - one is a boy and the other a girl. They were fairly expensive at the time, but I only saw them on the one trip.

I think the most unusual souvenir was a little certificate that showed I was chosen out of the audience to participate in a show. :-D

It was for Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom. For several years, I would always raise my hand to go up on stage, but was never chosen, until finally, last year when I went with my boyfriend. It was just TOO cool, and I didn't even know I'd get the certificate!

I'm currently working on a VERY LARGE scrapbook for out trip from last year, and will be putting the certificate in with that page. :-D

Actually...... Now that I think about it.....

The STRANGEST souvenir I ever got (YEARS ago, in the very early 90's) was a glow-in-the-dark "shrunken head" with long back hair that I bought from the cart just outside of the Haunted Mansion, lol. Too bad i gave it away, lol. :-D

I get a lot of souvenirs :) but perhaps one of the more unique souvenirs is the large 'button' that has a picture of a character and it says something when you press it. I got Darth Vader a few years back and could not find it again. Although this year, I did find Scar and he says, "I'm surrounded by idiots." :rotfl2:

And while this isn't really unique, I have found that my Aerosmith shirts that I buy all have a hidden mickey in them! And they aren't noticeable at all so I like that.

Funny, I was just thinking about my Scar button when I came upon your post. I have my button at work. I know, so cliche, but I do hit it occasionally! :lmao:

I get a lot of souvenirs :) but perhaps one of the more unique souvenirs is the large 'button' that has a picture of a character and it says something when you press it. I got Darth Vader a few years back and could not find it again. Although this year, I did find Scar and he says, "I'm surrounded by idiots." :rotfl2:

I got one of those too!!!! I keep it on my dresser and press it when my friends come over! :lmao:

Back in '95 there was a lady in the American pavilion at Epcot who was cutting coins in half like jig-saw shapes (so one half "locked" into the other) and making them into jewlery. I bought a pair of Dime earrings. :goodvibes They were really cool, alas I lost them.

I am a member of the 'souvenir' club too!

In 2003 my husband asked when we could have a third child. I said, "Right after you take me to Disney World." I didn't think that would happen for at least a year. Surprise! He booked us a trip for 1 month later and our ds came 9 months later.

When you make a bargain with my husband he holds you to it. :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2:

My DH loves garden gnomes :confused3 Not sure why...strange I guess :lmao:
Our last trip we were there for his bday and I bought him a Mickey garden gnome from the Disney store in DTD. It is in our yard now. This trip we will be there for his bday again and I am hoping to pick up another one.

Most of 20 years ago, we went to Victoria & Alberts for dinner. The restaurant had an interesting vacuum type coffee pot (for when they served the coffee at the table). We commented on how neat it was, and received it (from our parents) as a gift at Christmas.

It is still sitting in the original packaging since we do not drink much coffee and I was (guess I still am) afraid to use the thing. I know we tried to return it (it was about $150 which was alot of money for us at the time) but could not do so.

My DH loves garden gnomes :confused3 Not sure why...strange I guess :lmao:
Our last trip we were there for his bday and I bought him a Mickey garden gnome from the Disney store in DTD. It is in our yard now. This trip we will be there for his bday again and I am hoping to pick up another one.

They still have them. Years ago I was told they would never be made again after that F&G Festival so I ran out and bought one. They are still there mocking me every time I ride Soarin'. :rotfl:

My family always looks for "unique" souvenirs that mention or portray Walt Disney World, but that you could not buy anywhere else. Some of our favorites......

- Personalized engraved baseball bat- from Team Mickey Athletic Club in DTD

- Marble Mickey Head clock - from Italy pavillion in EP

- Ceramic dish hand-painted with Mickey heads by artists in Zimbabwe, especially for Disney - from Zawadi Marketplace in AKL

- Dooney & Bourke Disney tote

- EauDemoiselle de Givenchy perfume - from Le Plume et Palette in France pavillion in EP, the only retail boutique in the US to carry the fragrance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter