What is a great souvenir/experience for boys?

RJP77

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
My DW decided that she wants to do Pick a Pearl for her and my 2 DDs, which made me decide that I need to do something equivalent for my DS.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar (or better) souvenir experience for boys. Any WDW location is an option, it doesn't have to be Epcot. The kids are all 7 and under, so things like a visit to the Saki bar while the girls do Pick a Pearl are not an option.

Thanks

You can also create your own light saber at the store after Star Tours in HS.

It's not exactly Disney, but the Lego store at DTD has a "fill your own container" buy with lots of little legos to choose from (more than what we've seen at mall Lego stores). It's a way to get some of those pieces you don't always get with sets.

This is not something they can keep, but if they're into pirates the Pirate League at MK (face paint up of a pirate) would be a fun memory together type thing.

DS has also enjoyed Pick a Pearl, he has a lovely tie tack, but building his own lightsaber has always been a highlight for him.

He has like four of them!

Ridemakerz at DTD is awesome! It is the Build a Bear concept, but with cars. Like Build-a-Bear it can be very tempting to go hog wild and really trick out your car, spending big bucks in the process. It has been a few years since we did it, but seems like the minimum spend was $25 if you got one of the cheaper body styles. If you're on FB, follow them. They run specials from time to time. Most of the time they are for online orders, but every so often there will be something for a physical location.

All great suggestions. Thanks. Anymore are always welcome.

The way my kids destroy toys I'm more inclined to something more permanent. I expect (hope) the girls will be able to use the pearl jewelry for the rest of their lives. It would be great if I could get the boy something that lasts equally well over time.

For example, it would be great if they kept D-Tech me Star Wars around year round, so that boys could have something on par with the D-Tech me Princess experience at DTD.

Ridemakerz at DTD is awesome! It is the Build a Bear concept, but with cars. Like Build-a-Bear it can be very tempting to go hog wild and really trick out your car, spending big bucks in the process. It has been a few years since we did it, but seems like the minimum spend was $25 if you got one of the cheaper body styles. If you're on FB, follow them. They run specials from time to time. Most of the time they are for online orders, but every so often there will be something for a physical location.

I'll second this. My boys absolutely loved making their ridez at DTD.

In March, I took my son (11) on one of the bass fishing excursions. We caught 16 fish in 2 hours and he caught a huge bass. We fished on the downtown disney lake and it was awesome !

In keeping with the Star Wars theme, have you done the Jedi Training Academy at the Studios? Our kids (11 and 8) just did it a couple of weeks ago and had a great time being able to fight Darth Vader one-on-one. There is no extra cost (a rare treat at WDW!) and definitely a great memory for the kids. They also got a little certificate at the end that could be framed.

The Jedi Master on our particular morning (might be the same guy all the time?) was great and kept it entertaining not only for the kids, but also for the rest of us watching from the audience. Appropriate souvenirs to commemorate the experience would certainly include lightsabers (as already mentioned), and there is also a JTA pin that makes a nice addition to a lanyard or pin book.

If you want something that's not a toy that would be longer lasting, how about a personalized engraved cup/glass? I know they do these in the crystal shop on Main St. at MK. He could get something with a character he liked and his name on it.

I'm not sure what your family background is, but I know in the UK at the Crown and Crest store they can look up family crests based on your last name and you can have them put on a plaque or ring.

Not to be off topic but, what is this pick a pearl we plan on taking a day to go to dtd this trip and this sounds gd for my dd and where is the sword thing my dh and ds could do that or the ridezmaker thing although dh paints cars for a living so he might not want to...ok hijack over sorry just seemed to fit well here:hippie:

I would agree with the suggestion of Pirates League. As far as a souvenir you get a picture and a few little items, but the overall experience was well worth it, regardless of age!

Myself with my family did Pirates League during our last visit. It was $$$ but worth every penny. We had the greatest time during and while walking around the park the rest of the day/night. It is a lasting memory all of us share.

I second the light saber &/or make a droid option, pending how big a fan your DS is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter