What is a Golden Fast Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine is in WDW & posted on FB that they received a "Golden Fast Pass" in MK today. What is this? Have you ever received one?

I have no clue about that as of today but I got like a fast pass to all rides in ak back in 2006 during the year of a million dreams I think it was called.

A friend of mine is in WDW & posted on FB that they received a "Golden Fast Pass" in MK today. What is this? Have you ever received one?

My best guess is that it's a FP+ that can be used at any time on (most) any attraction. They're usually given out when something goes wrong, though I'm sure CM sprinkle a bit of pixie dust with them now and again too.

My best guess is that it's a FP+ that can be used at any time on (most) any attraction. They're usually given out when something goes wrong, though I'm sure CM sprinkle a bit of pixie dust with them now and again too.

I remember reading that it was an ultimate anytime/anywhere pass that's given out on certain occasions I.e. 1,000,000,000 visitor.

No idea if that's true...

I would wager its a one time use yellow paper fastpass+ good for up to 6 people (or 8?) on a single attraction at any time.

There were bus issues from the Swan to MK and the attendant there gave the one family there waiting 45 minutes a golden FP+ since they missed their return windows due to the buses. (We lucked out and only waited like 10 minutes).

On our trip this past September we had trouble with our magic bands - they wouldn't work at the turnstile even though the cm could see that there were tickets on them. 45 minutes later we were finally able to start our day in the park, so the cm put an extra fast pass for any attraction on each of our bands. We were just able to walk up to any one attraction any time that day and use them. We were in studios so we used them for a second ride on toy story mania (had used our regular fast passes there earlier that day). They were awesome! We got a bonus third ride out of it too but just by chance. They put our family of three in the wheelchair cars as there were no wheelchair guests waiting and they like to keep the cars filled. When we came around they hadn't gotten another wheelchair guest and hadn't pulled another small group, so they sent us again vs having the cars go empty (not enough time to get another group over there I guess).

This was in 2013, before FP+, but we had some issues with our tickets and were given 3 fastpasses good for all 4 of us at any attraction. I think they called them dream fastpasses, though. In addition, we were given a CM fastpass card that we could use to pull fastpasses from any machine without time restrictions. It was a glorious time.

My son won one at hollywood studios last year! He was picked to be in a "quiz show" with some of the citizen actors and that was his prize - he got to pick any attraction (tsm of course!) For everyone in our party, any time that day - it was neat!

In September I was behind a couple (newlyweds by their hats) entering the FP line at 7DMT. Rather than scan they handed the CM a card. It was hard like a ticket but larger/longer. He said to them "This is for thrill rides. 7DMT is not considered a thrill ride. You use it on the mountains." He went on to say he would waiver them through and he handed it back to them. I don't think they gave it up to the next CM. I was thinking maybe they got married there and they were given it as part of the package or some kind of other pixie dust.

This past September on our last mk we were heading to our Peter Pan fast pass. This was the one ride DS had been waiting al week to ride. Unfortunately when we got there I looked down and he was sound asleep in the stroller. I stopped by the entrance to ask the CM what the grace period for coming in after fastpass window was so I could let him sleep as long as possible. Instead he gave us a "golden fastpass" good for almost any ride in the park so we could ride Peter Pan after he woke up. Such a nice little gesture.

the most wonderful thing you can receive...

four of HS rides were shut down during our anniversary and we had non park hoppers... when we went to Guest Relations to see if we could be allowed to go to another park (there was a total of 4 rides broken and 2 rides being referbd) she said the rides actually just opened and gave us a golden ticket... it was written on and said we could ride four rides from the fp line... and this was while magic bands existed so we just showed the ride guy the ticket, he wrote on it and then we were let to go... however at the 4th ride i asked to keep it and all the people who were standing there gave me a strong no.......

There is also the "No Strings Attached" Pinnochio-themed "certificate" that is used for different "pluses".:)

I'm guessing this is just an anytime any ride FP. We've had them in the past. Sometimes for things that went wrong, like a super long wait for an ADR. Once a chef at a restaurant surprised us with 3 of them for no reason. Just a little pixie dust.

There is also the "No Strings Attached" Pinnochio-themed "certificate" that is used for different "pluses".:)

I have one of these stored with my magicbands for my next trip. We went with a friend who had an AP that wasn't letting her in. Eventually they fixed the problem and handed her one of these for 3 anytime fast passes for up to 4 people.

We were there in December. It was my birthday and my son's birthday - best birthday gift ever! Anyway, we went on Barnstormer and my son lost his monogrammed Mickey ears. They fell in the center of the ride where you could see them. We told a cast member and he wrote us a ticket to get replacement ears AND a pass for our entire party to have a fastpass to any ride! No characters. My husband and I did 7DMT. Pretty neat and very good customer service!

Here's the real story about the Golden Fastpasses.

When you get to WDW you will be greeted by Mickey and he will take you on a tour of MK. During that time members of your group will start to disappear, usually because of bad behavior. When you are the only one left, because you did most everything right, Mickey will give you the Magic Kingdom and you and your whole family can live in the Castle for life.

Whatever you do... don't lose that Fastpass.:)

Here's the real story about the Golden Fastpasses.

When you get to WDW you will be greeted by Mickey and he will take you on a tour of MK. During that time members of your group will start to disappear, usually because of bad behavior. When you are the only one left, because you did most everything right, Mickey will give you the Magic Kingdom and you and your whole family can live in the Castle for life.

Whatever you do... don't lose that Fastpass.:)

:rotfl2: LOL

The WDW Golden Pass Is For A Secret Group. You must have a family member who is high up in the Disney Corporation & or a cast member of a tv show or movie. The regular park visitors can’t even buy one. It’s a honorary pass. Your a VIP. You get to jump the line above fast pass parties, you jump ahead in line for food & service & you get any Disney item from the shops at cost. So if a Mickey Mouse salt & pepper shaker cost 40$ & the only paid 5$ for it you pay 5$ for it.

It’s a honorary pass & ive been blessed to be a family member of a Disney Star. I’ve been offered 13k for my pass it works at every park including the Cruise line and if your blessed enough to hold it for 5 years & vist the park once or twice a year you pass stays valid. Anyone who holds it for over 5 years in grandfathed In for life.

So it’s way different then a fast pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter