What is a Circle Journal?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by aunts2topher, Feb 21, 2006.

1. aunts2topher

aunts2topher Earning My Ears

I've seen references to these -- and photos of pages in some -- and I get the general idea that it is circulated . . . other than that, :confused3

Would someone please fill me in?

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Ali

2. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

There's a good explanation in GrayFal's thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=906861

You're right, basically they're circulated in a set order. Usually once a month you mail the journal you just finished to the same person & yours returns after the last person finishes - hence the circle. Topics vary, but the ones here are usually Disney topics like favorite character, favorite ride, favorite memory, etc, etc.

It's a great way to get to know others from the board & to see scrapping techniques & styles you may not use yourself. There were many things I'd seen in photos (like on 2Peas) that I thought I "understood" but when I finally saw them in person it was much easier to understand.

3. aunts2topher

aunts2topher Earning My Ears

Thanks for the explanation -- sounds like a cool project. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next open sign-up.

Ali

4. Ohana 4

Ohana 4 DIS Veteran

Which I'm hoping will be soon because although I'm in one now, I have an idea for my next book.