What important thing have you forgotten???

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
We always see posts asking about your best packing tips, and what to bring. My question is, have you ever gotten to WDW positive you had everything you could possibly need and realized you didn't? Or did you forget to pack something that should have been so blatently obvious to pack?

YES yes and YES!!! :lmao:

We have done this twice, believe it or not, but we forgot our sunglasses!!!

Now before you say "DUH", how do you forget those, it is florida.

Our first trip to WDW, we are from Michigan, we went in March so we didn't really think of it. So of course it was wonderful to say "oops, and get to buy new ones". ;)
However fast forward 1&1/2 years later to trip 3.....we should've remember the sunglasses!! But guess what....got down there and whoops, no sunglasses. This time it wasn't as fun buying $50 worth of a souviner that we didn't really need. :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe we did it twice and a little over a year apart.

Also on our first trip (again it was march and we are from Michigan) we didn't bring sunscreen. (another DUH moment but hey we are not use to the sun this time of year).
So we ended up paying $13 for a bottle of sunscreen!

You have to laugh at such stupid things to forget....or cry, I choose to laugh. :rotfl2:

Hair brush!
and my hair is way too thick and curly for those small Disney fold up brushes.
packed an extra one this time.

Hugs Mel

Ok, this probably sounds lame … but last Oct DH & I went to DL for 2 days … after the first full day at DL, right through to WOC, we got back to the CCI and DH's feet were killing him from his 'new' hikers (mistake to have worn those) and I had a raging headache … AND we had no Advil, Excedrin, Tylenol … nothing. I could not believe I had nothing … :headache:

Went to the gift shop, mind you this was very late and they did have Tylenol but as you can imagine it was like $3.00 for 8. :eek:

aloe vera for the sunburns. despite the massive amount of sunscreen my sister puts on, she always get sunburned and the only way to soothe it is with aloe vera.

I would love to keep this thread going! I'm trying to compile a list of things I need to remember to pack, and every post on here was stuff that I forgot to write down, which means there is that much more out there! :)

Hair brush!
and my hair is way too thick and curly for those small Disney fold up brushes.
packed an extra one this time.

Hugs Mel

Our first ever trip last year in may.....and yes I forgot my hairbrush too!! Also with thick and curly hair.....I brushed my hair for a week with my big hair clip because it had teeth!!!:rotfl:

1. New cameral my husband bought me for one of our trips.
2. He forgot his swim suit one year.
3. My son forgot the charger for his hand held video game once.
4. We have forgotten our phone charger too!
5. Oldest son forgot to pack shorts one year.

We always make sure we have all the Rx meds we need and figure anything else we can buy while down there. :thumbsup2

i'm famous for forgetting the hairbrush since I usually pack it the morning we leave after we are all dressed.

Some people think it's crazy to bring to much stuff. BRING COLD MEDICINE!! I got sick between the plane and going in and out of the cold and had a miserable day and a half until hubby went down to the gift shop and bought me cold medicine. Cost about 3x what we pay at home, and I had a whole box in my medicine cabinet.

Never again will I go without some sort of cold medicine.

I am usually the one that packs for everyone and last year I forgot to pack my dd3 panties. So our first day we had to buy several pairs of painties to get thru the week. I still can't believe I forgot them!
:sad2:

My DH owns a video production company.
We forgot our video camera. :lmao:

Somehow my husband forgot socks, allergy meds, and his backup pair of shoes last trip. All he had were sandals. I was not amused. I'm still not sure how the allergy pills weren't included since I even printed the label for them but it appears he took them after I packed them and tried to put them back...in the medicine cabinet. He is not allowed to touch the luggage after I zip it ever again.

We forgot to pack or didnt think we would need benadryl and cream for bug bites. Last year while at animal kingdom I got bit by a nasty deer fly and we didnt pack anything to stop the itching and the green slime they give you at first aid just didnt do the trick. Those things are evil. But just in case I would suggest bringing that as well as cold meds.

I never forgot my brush (YET) but I almost did so I buy a brush and pack it with my hair stuff so I don't forget it that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter