• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if your party is a different size than your ADR?

Anna1227

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to book an ADR for 7 people at Yak and Yeti, and it says that nothing is available at all that day. However, if I change the party size to 6, there are quite a few different times to choose from. If I booked an ADR for 6, would they be able to pull up an extra chair if I told them there were 7 when we checked in, or would this be really frowned upon?

Frowned on. I would do 2 reservations, 1 for 3 and 1 for 3, 1 for 4 and 1 for 2.... How ever you want to and understand you might not be seated at tables near each other, but you might!

You are better off subtracting people than adding them. Try going up to 8. Because it is not just a matter of pulling up an extra chair to a table for 6, they will now have to find you a larger table because you are going to be seated as a party of 7 when you show up with 7.

I have added folks at 'Ohana a few times at the podium with no problem. I would imagine Yak and Yeti would be less of an issue.

I agree with the PP that suggested you look for a reservation for a party of 8. While uncommon, if the restaurant is full to (fire code) capacity, they will not allow the extra person to be seated. It's unlikely that they can just pull up an extra seat to table for six for the seventh person. In most cases, if the restaurant has the capacity they will allow you to add a person a check-in, but there is a change it will increase your wait time or you will be treated like a walk-up.

We're a family of 5 and often have difficulty finding availability for an odd number. (There's some strange glitch in the dining system.) We have had to book for 6 several times. I agree, go with 8 and you won't have to worry about it.

Ok, thank you for your help.

I checked to see if there was anything for 8, and there wasn't, so I just called and booked two tables for the same time. I'll keep checking back to see if something opens up, but if not it is not that big of a deal for us to split up. That is good to know that sometimes it is easier to book for an even number. I'll keep that in mind when I check back!

I have a similar question. I currently have reservations for 3 but now have one additional person. I'm assuming that a table for 3 can actually accommodate 4. Anyone have any experience with this? Do I call and try to have the 4th person added to my reservation? Just wondering if anyone tried this and if it worked or not.

I have a similar question. I currently have reservations for 3 but now have one additional person. I'm assuming that a table for 3 can actually accommodate 4. Anyone have any experience with this? Do I call and try to have the 4th person added to my reservation? Just wondering if anyone tried this and if it worked or not.

Depends on where you are eating. Some places do have tables for 3. If you want to be sure and have the 4th person seated you should change your reservations. If you are okay with someone being turned away and a longer wait time you can try not making the change.

Just to note that while there is the possibility that you may have an extra person turned away, it is extremely unlikely. (If you book for 2 and show up with 14, it may be more likely.)

They will try to accommodate you if at all possible. It may end up with your waiting longer, but chances are you will not be turned away. If you want to eliminate all possibility of being turned away, you do have to try and change the reservation.

Thanks everyone. I called and they were able to change 2 of the 3 reservations. So looks like I need to keep an eye for a new reservation for the 3rd one or we will just take our chances.

We're a family of 5 and often have difficulty finding availability for an odd number. (There's some strange glitch in the dining system.) We have had to book for 6 several times. I agree, go with 8 and you won't have to worry about it.

exactly what I needed to do this past week for a May trip. Nothing for 5 people but tons of choices when i add the ghostly person

I'm assuming that a table for 3 can actually accommodate 4.

I know that 'Ohana and Boma have tables for three (the fourth side is either against a wall or borders the walkway). There are probably other restaurants, but these are the ones I've come across.

I know that 'Ohana and Boma have tables for three (the fourth side is either against a wall or borders the walkway). There are probably other restaurants, but these are the ones I've come across.

Thanks! 'Ohana is actually the one I couldn't get changed this morning, so makes sense. I found a 4 person ressie but it's much later than what I have.

We often do this because the tables for just 2 don't accommodate a child in a high chair. All of our ADR's are for three, and we haven't had any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter