WHAT IF (there's a strike???).....

missmulan

DIS Veteran
Just read in the paper that the Disney Union has already rejected Disney's proposal three times. They are meeting for a fourth time today. Now my question is...if there's a strike and (i'm scheduled to be on the DCL in two weeks) and I didn't by trip insurance, would i still be covered? How will DCL handle this?

Since each CM on DCL is on an individual contract, I'm going to guess that the CMs on the ships are not part of the union. My guess is that the union covers employees at the parks, not on the ships.

I was looking into Disney employment recently and I don't think the ship employees are union employees except for some of the dock workers. I know the stage employees are not union.

No worries about the ship. That's why all ships (except the one NCL ship that cruises Hawaii, the one with HORRIBLE service) are all "flagged" in countries other than the U.S.
Not only are they non-union but they are exempt from all US labor and overtime laws. How else do you think they could get people to work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for 6 months straight for less than minimum wage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter