What if the Expedition Everest car flew off the track?

Somebody could probably drive themselves insane doing "what if." Not worth it.

Didn't someone die on CoP back in the day?

It was not COP but the America Sings! attraction at Disneyland, which operated similarly. In 1974. A cast member stood too close to the wall and was crushed when it moved. The walls have automatic stops now. It closed in 1988, supposedly so the animatronic characters used in the show could be recycled into Splash Mountain.

People have died from Mission Space

Nobody died from Mission Space. Two people died after they had ridden it. Both were found to have severe preexisting medical conditions. I don't believe Disney was found legally liable in either case.

Every single time I go on EE, I freak out at this part:

My fiance made me ride in the front seat and it really freaked me out. So of course, I wondered, what if the car didn't stop? Would those tracks be strong enough to stop this car? Has anyone else ever wondered about this?

Well I have had the same exact thoughts as you. My DH and I agreed to ride in the front of EE...NEVER AGAIN will I ride that thing in the frot row! I was so scared! I live close to Cedar Point and grew up riding all of the thrill coasters. I still get the buterflies in my stomach and anxious feeling but love the rides, but that front seat of EE...YIKES!!

Hey! I paid good money for disney to provide me with the Illusion that there is a possibility that I might actually die on one of their rides!;)

Don't ruin it for me by talking about fail-safes and all this safety-schmafety junk! :lmao:

Op, the ride isn't moving fast enough to launch a few thousand pounds off the track. Also, the brakes are probably magnets which make the chances of failure less likely.

Great for view, but horrible for thrill. The front seat is halfway down the hill before the train hits full speed while the back seat is the fastest. I always sit in the back.Agree completely

Someone has actually died on EE also.
The fellow that died had a preexisting condition and was aware the ride could kill him. He also knew he wasn't going to live a long time and loved EE and wanted to ride it as often as he could, and did. His parents were in AK but not with him that moment. They chose not to even look into suing.

What if ToT didn't slow down at the bottom? That would probably suck 'n' stuff.

The car is *pulled* down, it's not falling. If the mechanisms that make the ride go stopped, the brakes would then be on.

The people who died on M:S had pre-existing health conditions that SHOULD have prohibited them from riding such a thrill ride.

If they knew about them; I don't know if the parents knew about it for the younger one.

<bites finger> "There doesn't seem to be any track...."

I miss Stacey. Need to see her again.

<Ferb Voice>

Actually, roller coasters are safer than merry-go-rounds.

</Ferb Voice>

:stir:

Just sing "I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy tra-ain" all the way down. It will make the trip seem more fun.
Great idea and a great song. I'm still trying to figure out why the Osborne Lights don't dance to this one, though. It doesn't make any sense. :confused3 :rolleyes1

If they knew about them; I don't know if the parents knew about it for the younger one.

My understanding regarding the child that died on MS was that no one knew he had a pre-existing heart condition. They only found out during the autopsy that followed his death.

They didn't know about it, which doesn't change the fact that he had it. He did not collapse while ON the ride but after exiting it. Apparently his condition was severe enough that it could have killed him at any point whether he rode Mission Space or not.

They sued Disney, but the suit ended up being dismissed with both sides paying their own attorney's fees.

The people who died on M:S had pre-existing health conditions that SHOULD have prohibited them from riding such a thrill ride.

This is totally untrue. That little boy's parents had no idea, nor any clue that anything was wrong with him.

It was NOT their fault. There was no way for them to know.

They did NOTHING wrong.

They just took their little kid to Disney World. That's it.

Suggesting that they should have done something different is just...I don't even know what that is...but it's wrong.

"What if" ANY coaster, or most any ride for that matter, malfunctioned and dumped you? People have died from Mission Space :eek: People seek more and more "thrill" rides (not me, LOL) like the new coaster at Dollywood, the Wild Eagle, where you are literally hanging off the sides?? THAT is beyond :scared1:

Oooooh! Avatar land needs to have a ride somewhat like that! Start with a great Motion simulation then the screen drops and you zoom through Pandora in "real life" with nothing above or below you.

This is totally untrue. That little boy's parents had no idea, nor any clue that anything was wrong with him.

It was NOT their fault. There was no way for them to know.

They did NOTHING wrong.

They just took their little kid to Disney World. That's it.

Suggesting that they should have done something different is just...I don't even know what that is...but it's wrong.

It was not their fault, but it was not Disney's fault either. Had they known the kid had a heart condition they would likely have kept him off the ride (and there are plenty of other rides they would have kept him off of). As was noted previously, the parents did sue Disney, but they didn't win.

Yup, a cast member was standing in a "no stand zone" and the theater started rotating and she was crushed to death :( I am kind of into macabre so I've read about all the deaths at Disneyworld and DL. -Amanda

The what ifs -

Life is all about "what ifs". We all will question this at some point. For me - "what if I had been going a few miles slower or faster when my car hit that patch and I barrel rolled and broke my neck?"

And for the general population -

"what if I had decided to get dinner out of the freezer before work, I could have avoided this accident on the interstate"

OR

"what if I had put on more sunscreen, I wouldn't have this blistering"

We can ALWAYS do "what ifs".

It's up to the OP is she wants to live in the present or do "what ifs" for the rest of her life.

Me? Yeah, I have a broken neck, I steered clear of the thrill rides until I asked my doctor about it. He said I stand a better chance of being harmed in a car accident than I did at being injured on a roller coaster so I'm riding the Disney thrill rides again. And if something happens? Well, I hope I can recall some of the fun things other posters have said for the last words.

It's life, live it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter