What if people were only as cool as their shoes? Dec09 TR. last hours at Disney pg19

Ty...I LOVED your trip report!! :lovestruc You're so funny! I wish I could write like that. I should take notes or journal daily so I can remember what we did, step by step, like you seem to...it's great reading! It makes me feel like I'm there!

My daughter and I went in Dec. 08 for her 10th b-day (Dec. 2nd). It was the best and reading your TR brought back so many memories!

I wish I could get my Mama to go, but she has osteoarthritis in both knees and knows she couldn't handle that amount of walking. I love the picture of your mom in Mission Space watching the Lt. Dan video...she's so into it! So cute!!

I hope you and Marzi get back together real soon. I recently found my best friend from HS on fb and we've gotten together once for a trip to Luray Caverns..not Disney :sad1:, but still it was great and felt like we'd hardly been apart!

I'm gonna start reading your PTR next...thanks for the laughs!

Teresa

p.s. I've been eating my fries w/mayo since the early 90's!

then this lady comes running up and says "now my turn" and she posed, so I snapped the picture and told her that now she was going to be in my trip report, she asked me if I was a diser I said of course. she then told me she was a moderator on the boards and gave me her card, I have since lost the card, I have searched for that card, it was supposed to go in my scrapbook, but maybe somebody will recognize her picture and can tell me who she is again. I feel so bad for not remembering especially considering I was so excited to have met a moderator, in my world that is like meeting a celebrity.
alldis09094.jpg

Her name is Robbie, screen name "Donald is #1". I recognized her because I was reading her cruise report.

I had lent her my hoodie so she wouldn't freeze on the plane, she was supposed to mail it to me once she got home, I'm still waiting for it.

Have you gotten it yet? Do you still keep in touch with Marzi?

just as the doors open 3 young men came running up behind me and knocked me down while getting on the monorail, I fell over my suitcase carryon and wasn't able to catch myself, I came down hard on my knee.

OMG! The whole time I was reading this story, I'm thinking, "No way! Anytime now she's going to say it was all a joke..." It sounded like some TV show! :eek: I can't believe all the crap you went through just to get home!

I spy your new Mickey pj's!!!

Okay! Enough! You have got to stop making me cry. Friends don't make friends cry. No, really, I'm so sorry you were so sad. You definitely deserved that free airline ticket.

What little brats knocking you down. I think security handled that very well. They should have beat them with their sticks (i'm violent that way). You could have played along just a "little" bit and made them think the boys did that to your leg.

Your neices are adorable. I love the pic with the curlers. How adorable. It looks like you had a blast with them. They are lucky to have Auntie Ty!!

Well my friend, another fine trip report complete. I enjoyed reading all you fun stories and I'm glad you finally found your duck. I will see you over on your pretrip report!!

Hello!! First I would like to say i have been enjoying reading your trip report!! You are super funny!! I think we would get along really well in person!! Anyway, I just read about ya'lls (pardon my southern girl vocab!!) experience on mission space, and had to laugh!! We were there in Nov. 09 and my husband and I rode with our 2 older kids( DD 7 and DS almost 6 at the time) (go orange side!!!) and when we were waiting and Lt. Dan was on the screen and everyone is quietly listening my husband yells "Lt. Dan, Ice Cream!!!" I just about died laughing, and seeing you call him that totally reminded me of it!! Did I mention my DH does a perfect Forrest Gump?

Just finished reading it!! So great!! you made me cry and laugh at the same time! I am sorry about your sucky adventure trying to get home, but I am glad for your free tickets, that is awesome! can't wait to read about your next trip!!

I just finished up reading your TR--you're too funny! We were there at the same time in December :) and we're going to be there the same time in sept/oct too! I loved your pics holding the hat and the ball, I'm going to have to do that this trip! I'm off to catch up on your PTR now:thumbsup2

Veronica

Okay, I had a hard time getting caught up, but finally got here. Does it count as being "caught up" if it's 3 days after the last post was made?

Anyway, I enjoyed your report.

And for making the mannequinn's at Dillards look like they wet themselves...:thumbsup2 Nice!

I'm all caught up!

I'm sorry about all your downsides - Coral Reef, airport, delayed flight, boo-boo leg, etc!

But I'm glad your Disney stay itself was great and kudos to airport security for being up on the job!!

Heading over to your PTR now... popcorn::

I agree with Camille! The security guards did act appropriately, and were doing their job well!! Kudos!

I"m curous too about how long it took your leg after this to get back to normal. I wonder if it truly will ever be completely better again. Old injuries sometimes are a problem once in a while.

Sounds like you had a bad case of PDD!! Glad you could call someone to help you feel better!! :thumbsup2 And BONUS!! 2 free tickets! Who could ask for more??!!!

Yes, the security guards were on their game that night.

My leg....I really don't know what's up with it anymore, it still swells which the Dr. sid would be normal for up to if not more then a year, but I just saw him last Wednesday and now he wants to do another MRI because my knee clicks when I walk and I still have alot of pain if I squat down.

Great TR! I'm sad to see it ending, but am happy we won't have to wait long for another one! So many mixed emotions those last couple of days at Disney. Those guys at the airport were nasty. I am glad that security took swift action with them.
Also loved all the pics of your brother's family. What beautiful little nieces you have.

Thank you so much for reading along, and yea, that last day was extremely emotional, I never wanted a day to be over so bad as much as that day.

Thank you for your kind words about my nieces, I think they are beautful too. Matt and lola send me pics to my phone everyday, I can't believe how fast Addy is growing and changing. Jazz got sick a few weeks ago and lost 2 pounds, which for her is alot considering she only weighed a smidge over 16 pounds at the time, (she's almost 2) but she is doing so much better now.

Ty ~

Awesome trip report!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

I like the dark hair, but I really love the mickey pants you're wearing!!! I think I need a pair of them!!! ;)

And don't worry, I'll be stalking your next TR and might even post a reply once in a while... :laughing:

Nancy...

I was glad to share my TR with all of you, I love the Dis and all who are on it.
My dark hair is starting to lighten up now, I usually go darker in the winter and just let it lighten in the sun over the summer.
Those Mickey pants are so comfy, I wish I had bought of pair of the sleep shorts as well, maybe I can get them on my September trip.

Please feel free to stalk any report I write, I'm really glad that you posted on this one;)

So sad it has to end but am already enjoying the pre-trippie with Dan. I hated how your trip ended but am happy about the 2 free airline tickets now you get to do the halloween party at your sisters and your brothers kids are absolutely adorable.

I kind of feel a bit bummed about the TR ending too, it was fun reliving the memories, but I'll just have to go make more memories to dish about now.

2 free tickets took the sting out of my airport misery. I had a blast visiting my brother, and my sisters parties are the bomb digity so I'm all excited for that.

Ty...I LOVED your trip report!! :lovestruc You're so funny! I wish I could write like that. I should take notes or journal daily so I can remember what we did, step by step, like you seem to...it's great reading! It makes me feel like I'm there!

My daughter and I went in Dec. 08 for her 10th b-day (Dec. 2nd). It was the best and reading your TR brought back so many memories!

I wish I could get my Mama to go, but she has osteoarthritis in both knees and knows she couldn't handle that amount of walking. I love the picture of your mom in Mission Space watching the Lt. Dan video...she's so into it! So cute!!

I hope you and Marzi get back together real soon. I recently found my best friend from HS on fb and we've gotten together once for a trip to Luray Caverns..not Disney :sad1:, but still it was great and felt like we'd hardly been apart!

I'm gonna start reading your PTR next...thanks for the laughs!

Teresa

p.s. I've been eating my fries w/mayo since the early 90's!

Thank you for reading and for your kind words. I journal all my trips, while I was writing this TR I would refer to my journal alot and I was surprised at how much I had forgotten, so having the journal was major help, plus it helps me to wind down at the end of a busy park day.
I'm glad reading my TR brought back the warm and fuzzies of you and your DD's B-day trip.
Would your Mom ever consider going to Disney and using an EVC? Maybe you all could do a trip that way?
Marzi and I will probably get together over the summer or early fall, I might even swing by her house on the way to Disney this Sept.

Fries and mayo, now I'm hungry! I can't eat fries any other way, well I will eat them plane before ruining them with ketchup.

Her name is Robbie, screen name "Donald is #1". I recognized her because I was reading her cruise report.Awesome, I wonder why I thought the name Jelly was in her username, any way thank you.

Have you gotten it yet? Do you still keep in touch with Marzi?No, I still haven't gotten it yet. We are in touch, mostly through text messaging.

OMG! The whole time I was reading this story, I'm thinking, "No way! Anytime now she's going to say it was all a joke..." It sounded like some TV show! :eek: I can't believe all the crap you went through just to get home!It did seem unreal to me at the time. But really that is my luck, if they can only delay one flight, it will be mine, if they lose 1 suitcase it will be mine. somebody gettin plowed over? that would be me.
I just got tripped at work the other day, not on purpose, the girl just had really big feet. Story of my life:confused3. but at the end of that disatrous day was Kent, he even had a Java Monster waiting for me in the car.

I spy your new Mickey pj's!!!

Comfiest piece of cloth I own!

Okay! Enough! You have got to stop making me cry. Friends don't make friends cry. No, really, I'm so sorry you were so sad. You definitely deserved that free airline ticket.

What little brats knocking you down. I think security handled that very well. They should have beat them with their sticks (i'm violent that way). You could have played along just a "little" bit and made them think the boys did that to your leg.

Your neices are adorable. I love the pic with the curlers. How adorable. It looks like you had a blast with them. They are lucky to have Auntie Ty!!

Well my friend, another fine trip report complete. I enjoyed reading all you fun stories and I'm glad you finally found your duck. I will see you over on your pretrip report!!

Sorry I made you cry:flower3: I didn't want to make anybody cry.
Those boys, ugh! All of that because they wanted to sit down to ride a whole 10 seconds, really!? I should have let them think they did that to my leg, scare them a little, but really I don't think they would have cared at all, they seemed so uninterested in what they had done.

Aren't my nieces the cutest? I'm gonna make Disney lovers out of them. Matt and Lola call me Aunt Disney when talking to the girls about me.:love:

thank you for reading, and I will see you at your PTR and mine.

Hello!! First I would like to say i have been enjoying reading your trip report!! You are super funny!! I think we would get along really well in person!! Anyway, I just read about ya'lls (pardon my southern girl vocab!!) experience on mission space, and had to laugh!! We were there in Nov. 09 and my husband and I rode with our 2 older kids( DD 7 and DS almost 6 at the time) (go orange side!!!) and when we were waiting and Lt. Dan was on the screen and everyone is quietly listening my husband yells "Lt. Dan, Ice Cream!!!" I just about died laughing, and seeing you call him that totally reminded me of it!! Did I mention my DH does a perfect Forrest Gump?

Just finished reading it!! So great!! you made me cry and laugh at the same time! I am sorry about your sucky adventure trying to get home, but I am glad for your free tickets, that is awesome! can't wait to read about your next trip!!

Hi thank you for reading, we probably would get along great in person, we already have Disney in common.:hug:
The story of your Husband "Lt Dan, Ice Cream." I could hear it in my mind and kind of had a visual, that is so funny, I shared that with my DH Kent, he laughed his hind end off, now he keeps yelling it. My son does a really good Forest Gump, that has got to be the best movie ever.

I just finished up reading your TR--you're too funny! We were there at the same time in December :) and we're going to be there the same time in sept/oct too! I loved your pics holding the hat and the ball, I'm going to have to do that this trip! I'm off to catch up on your PTR now:thumbsup2

Veronica

OMG! we were there at the same time? That is so cool, and now we'll be there at the same time again? great Disney minds must plan alike I guess.
Mary and I talking about a meet up, maybe you would want to get in on that too?

Okay, I had a hard time getting caught up, but finally got here. Does it count as being "caught up" if it's 3 days after the last post was made?

Anyway, I enjoyed your report.

And for making the mannequinn's at Dillards look like they wet themselves...:thumbsup2 Nice!

Caught up is caught up, no matter how you did it. Thank you for reading, it was nice having you here and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I wish Marzi and I would have stuck around t get peoples reactions to the mannequins, we were just so scared of gettin gin trouble. but great memories anyway.

I'm all caught up!

I'm sorry about all your downsides - Coral Reef, airport, delayed flight, boo-boo leg, etc!

But I'm glad your Disney stay itself was great and kudos to airport security for being up on the job!!

Heading over to your PTR now... popcorn::

All in all this was a great trip, I got more stuff on my Disney list crossed off, the dole whip and the finding nemo show are just a couple to mention, I still have more on my list and it keeps growing, but there's time for it all.

Thank you for reading my PTR and my TR, it was good times wasn't it? All anticipation buidling up to our trips and then the trip itself. I had fun through all of it.

Holy cow, what a crazy last day you had.

I'm glad you were able to get free airline tickets though, that rocks! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing your;) TR and pictures!

Ty, I came looking for a good trip report to read just a couple of days ago and found yours and was able to read it straight through from beginning to end over a couple of days! As soon as I saw your picture I remembered reading another one of yours from when you were at Disney with your daughter so I knew this one would be good and it didn't disappoint!

I'm so glad you were able to go to Disney with your BFF and your mom and a new friend! I'm sorry the weather didn't always cooperate (your leg too!) but you seemed to make the best of whatever came your way. I used to go to Disney with my mom too years ago but she doesn't think she can walk that much anymore and refuses to get a wheelchair.

We went in December 2007 and I made matching t-shirts for us to wear our last day too. The last morning my husband was sick and before the day was over I was sick too. The kids went to the parks without us (older teens) but we never did get a single picture of anyone in the shirts.

I will look forward to reading your next TR! Thanks so much for taking the time to write down all your memories and sharing them with us!

Hey Ty
Well,it took me awhile to find your trip report since you had a new title to it,and then another little while to catch up,but I am finally finished it.I just want to say how much I enjoyed this trip report.It was almost like being there with you all! I am so glad that your mom loved Disney,and that you and Marzi were able to spend so much time together and catch up.I am sure you will cherish the memories you both made in Disney forever! I hope that soon you both can both get together again soon.

I felt so sad for you as you were writting about your last day when you had to say goodbye to your Mom and Marzi ,and then had to spend all that time alone in the airport.And how horrible for you that you were pushed down! I understand the reaction of the security guards,and hate to say this,but almost laughed a little when I imagined them looking at your leg and thinking you had been hurt then,when we all know your leg had been a source of trouble for you all week.However,I felt for you too,that all you wanted to do was go home,and were worried it would make you miss your flight,only to find out your flight had been delayed for so long! That would have gotten to any one of us I believe. But all in all,I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful trip,and I look forward to reading about your upcoming one with your husband. I am still working on making a trip to Disney wit my DH for our 25th anniverssary,but he has his heart set on a week of relaxing at the beach.To appease me he told me to book us an ocean view room with a hot tub.It's not Disney,but at least it is a trip away with him.And he is talking about a family trip sometime in 2011 for us all,so I guess I can be patient,although it will be hard. I just can't wait to get back to Disney and experience it with my family again! Anyway...I am off now to start your pretip report.....Later!

For future reference - always check the flight board before you go through security. We were coming home this December, got to the airport, checked the board and saw that our first leg of our flight was delayed which would make us miss the connecting flight. We were able to go right over to the ticket counters, were re-booked for the next morning, received hotel accommodations at the airport, received a meal voucher, and a voucher for a free flight anywhere the airline goes. We hadn't stood in line and gone through security, we hadn't taken the fake monorail. We just went from the ticket counter , instead of the desks at the gate where passengers are waiting. It was just so much easier fixing everything right there.

Holy cow, what a crazy last day you had.

I'm glad you were able to get free airline tickets though, that rocks! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing your;) TR and pictures!

It was a crazy last day, but in the end (at teh far end of the tunnel) it all turned out great, the trip itself was worth everything I went through at the end.
thank you so much for reading.

Ty, I came looking for a good trip report to read just a couple of days ago and found yours and was able to read it straight through from beginning to end over a couple of days! As soon as I saw your picture I remembered reading another one of yours from when you were at Disney with your daughter so I knew this one would be good and it didn't disappoint!

I'm so glad you were able to go to Disney with your BFF and your mom and a new friend! I'm sorry the weather didn't always cooperate (your leg too!) but you seemed to make the best of whatever came your way. I used to go to Disney with my mom too years ago but she doesn't think she can walk that much anymore and refuses to get a wheelchair.

We went in December 2007 and I made matching t-shirts for us to wear our last day too. The last morning my husband was sick and before the day was over I was sick too. The kids went to the parks without us (older teens) but we never did get a single picture of anyone in the shirts.

I will look forward to reading your next TR! Thanks so much for taking the time to write down all your memories and sharing them with us!

Thank you so much for reading, I am surprised though that you recognized my picture from another TR. That's cool, I kind of feel a little famous now.:lmao:
It's a shame that you and your Mom can't do Disney together anymore, maybe one day she might give in and decide to take it easy with a wheel chair.
Too bad about not getting the group picture with the T-shirts, I know that is a huge disapointment, I was really looking forward to that, but maybe someday in the future I will get a chance to do that, and maybe you will too.
Thank you so much fro reading.

Hey Ty
Well,it took me awhile to find your trip report since you had a new title to it,and then another little while to catch up,but I am finally finished it.I just want to say how much I enjoyed this trip report.It was almost like being there with you all! I am so glad that your mom loved Disney,and that you and Marzi were able to spend so much time together and catch up.I am sure you will cherish the memories you both made in Disney forever! I hope that soon you both can both get together again soon.

I felt so sad for you as you were writting about your last day when you had to say goodbye to your Mom and Marzi ,and then had to spend all that time alone in the airport.And how horrible for you that you were pushed down! I understand the reaction of the security guards,and hate to say this,but almost laughed a little when I imagined them looking at your leg and thinking you had been hurt then,when we all know your leg had been a source of trouble for you all week.However,I felt for you too,that all you wanted to do was go home,and were worried it would make you miss your flight,only to find out your flight had been delayed for so long! That would have gotten to any one of us I believe. But all in all,I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful trip,and I look forward to reading about your upcoming one with your husband. I am still working on making a trip to Disney wit my DH for our 25th anniverssary,but he has his heart set on a week of relaxing at the beach.To appease me he told me to book us an ocean view room with a hot tub.It's not Disney,but at least it is a trip away with him.And he is talking about a family trip sometime in 2011 for us all,so I guess I can be patient,although it will be hard. I just can't wait to get back to Disney and experience it with my family again! Anyway...I am off now to start your pretip report.....Later!

I'm really happy that you enjoyed this TR. I really enjoyed writing it, it's great to have a place to come and share your memories with everyone who feels the same way about Disney.
Yea, my last day was an enotional roller coaster, the trip itself was so amazing, but the last day kicked my butt:lmao: who would of thought that the last day would be the one to do me in?!
Your trip with your DH sounds like it will be so great, an ocean view room and relaxing on the beach, yea, it's not Disney, but it will still be great. And waiting so long for your next family trip to Disney will only make it more wonderful, the build up and anticipation of a future Disney trip can be agonizing, but you have tons of time to plan and make it great!

For future reference - always check the flight board before you go through security. We were coming home this December, got to the airport, checked the board and saw that our first leg of our flight was delayed which would make us miss the connecting flight. We were able to go right over to the ticket counters, were re-booked for the next morning, received hotel accommodations at the airport, received a meal voucher, and a voucher for a free flight anywhere the airline goes. We hadn't stood in line and gone through security, we hadn't taken the fake monorail. We just went from the ticket counter , instead of the desks at the gate where passengers are waiting. It was just so much easier fixing everything right there.

I never check the boards until I pass through security, live and learn right? That is really good advice you gave me. It's so ironic because that lady in the security line said her flight was delayed and here it was the same flight I was on. I do think back to that and wonder (actually I know) that had I checked the boards first I probably wouldn't have been on the fake mono rail and knocked down by those boys. Lesson learned.
Thank you for reading, I appreciate it.

What an amazing trip Ty!!! I finally caught up only to see it had come to an end :( Crazy what happened to you at the airport. So glad you didn't injure your knee again. I would've been bawling if I hadn't been able to go on the same bus as my family and best friend. You did well other than a few bawling spurts :hug:

Looks like you've already started your PTR so I'll see you there!

Dorothy got it right when she said "There's no place like home" but in your case it was a long lonely trip home.

How does your leg look now?

What an amazing trip Ty!!! I finally caught up only to see it had come to an end :( Crazy what happened to you at the airport. So glad you didn't injure your knee again. I would've been bawling if I hadn't been able to go on the same bus as my family and best friend. You did well other than a few bawling spurts :hug:

Looks like you've already started your PTR so I'll see you there!
It was the most amazing trip tus far. I'm hoping my trip with DH will be just as great, no sad goodbyes either since we will be leaving together;) Of course I will be sad to say goodbye to Mickey.

Dorothy got it right when she said "There's no place like home" but in your case it was a long lonely trip home.

How does your leg look now?

Would of been nice though if I could have just clicked my heals 3 times and said there's no place like home, there's no place like home. :lmao:

My leg looks pretty good now, most days it's just a tiny bit puffy, I have an MRI tomorrow so the the Dr, can figure out why my kne clicks when I walk.

Holy cat-dog, Ty! What a craptastic end to your vacation! I want you to know I cried reading all that happened in your very eventful last 6+ hours in Orlando!

I have to admit, I laughed at first at your mom's nightmare. Just the part where you said how scary it is to have someone whisper/scream your name in the middle of the night.

I have subbed to your PTR and will be a much more avid reader. I avoided the DIS for a while once I cam back, it was just too sad to think Disney....

But then I did it! I booked a trip for me and my Madi girl! October 27 - November 1!

Looking forward to your hilarious (I'm sure!) PTR!

P.S. How is the knee?

Holy cat-dog, Ty! What a craptastic end to your vacation! I want you to know I cried reading all that happened in your very eventful last 6+ hours in Orlando!

I have to admit, I laughed at first at your mom's nightmare. Just the part where you said how scary it is to have someone whisper/scream your name in the middle of the night.

I have subbed to your PTR and will be a much more avid reader. I avoided the DIS for a while once I cam back, it was just too sad to think Disney....

But then I did it! I booked a trip for me and my Madi girl! October 27 - November 1!

Looking forward to your hilarious (I'm sure!) PTR!

P.S. How is the knee?

Craptastic is the perfect word to describe the ending hours. I even cried when I wrote about it. I felt so sorry for myself.

Have YOU ever had someone whisper/scream your name during the night. it's the most eary feeling. :scared1: YOu want to help but afraid to get ou tof bed at the same time.

I'm super happy that you booked a trip for you and Madi, I get your feelings on avoiding the Dis in between trips, it is depressing, but yay! you got a trip to look forward to now.

How is school going for you?

My knee is a huge bother, it keeps coming back to haunt me.

Loose meninges? I may have the worng word...

somthing is loos/stretched/torn, I'm looking at surgery now, I will post about it on my OTR, I'm heading over there.

Oh and thanks for reading.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter