• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if LTT isn't ready by Thanksgiving?

Tabby9999

Earning My Ears
I have reservations for Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. What is going to happen if the restaurant isn't ready by then? How much notice would they give if they are going to cancel my reservation? Luckily we do have a lunch at Crystal Palace booked that we can count as our Thanksgiving meal, but that won't feel as much like Thanksgiving. Hey but at least we'll still have a great time.

I am asking myself the same questions since I am in the same position. We have breakfast booked at Crystal Palace booked as a back up with Ohana that night. It isn't Thanksgiving fare, but at least it is a feast.

That's why I cancelled my LTT that I had booked and went with Olivia's . Didn't want to have them cancel and not be able to get anything for Thanksgiving

We're wondering the same thing. We have LTT book for lunch, but booked the Grand Floridian for later as a back up just in case LTT isn't open. I hate holding 2 reservations, but this is our 1st time not having Thanksgiving at home (we host every year) and I'd hate to have Disney cancel and be stuck with nothing. Hopefully they'll let us know soon :)

I have reservations for Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. What is going to happen if the restaurant isn't ready by then? How much notice would they give if they are going to cancel my reservation? Luckily we do have a lunch at Crystal Palace booked that we can count as our Thanksgiving meal, but that won't feel as much like Thanksgiving. Hey but at least we'll still have a great time.

A few years ago we arrived on Thanksgiving Day. I always cook the meal and this was the first time in over 30 years that we were no at home for the big meal. I decided that if we were away from home we shuld g for it! WE booked the Luau at the Poly and had a blast. I know you are counting on LTT and the feast, but if that does not work out you will still have fun. YOu wil be in the Magic KIngdom!!!

I know you are counting on LTT and the feast, but if that does not work out you will still have fun. YOu wil be in the Magic KIngdom!!!

I agree 100%, we will have a great time no matter what. My thing is that I just want to know before we get there what is to be. I hate to plan just for everything to get turned upside down. If we eat counterservice that evening, I'll be just fine (it would even free up some time) but I'm still holding onto hope that LTT will be ready. What is the chance that they will open it for Thanksgiving only even if the kitchen isn't fully ready.

We are in the same boat, I can't believe Disney would cancel reservations on Thanksgiving day without offering a similar backup reservation option. pl Maybe that is just me believing in the Disney Pixie Dust. :)

A few years ago we arrived on Thanksgiving Day. I always cook the meal and this was the first time in over 30 years that we were no at home for the big meal. I decided that if we were away from home we shuld g for it! WE booked the Luau at the Poly and had a blast. I know you are counting on LTT and the feast, but if that does not work out you will still have fun. YOu wil be in the Magic KIngdom!!!
This is the first time we will be away and not cooking, and I will admit I wasn't so sure, I love to cook thanksgiving dinner. But we are doing the Minnie's Holiday dinner which says they will have thanksgiving offerings, followed by Osborne lights. So it will be different, but already set up for family to come over when we get back for a make up thanksgiving.

This is the first time we will be away and not cooking, and I will admit I wasn't so sure, I love to cook thanksgiving dinner. But we are doing the Minnie's Holiday dinner which says they will have thanksgiving offerings, followed by Osborne lights. So it will be different, but already set up for family to come over when we get back for a make up thanksgiving.

We were therre thru the first week in December so for me, that ship sailed! LOL! I admit it was a little strange because I am pretty territorial about holidays and always cook.

One thing that I did do was make sure every room was decorated for Christmas befoe we left, with only the tree to put up upon our return. That made the transition from Fall into Christmas almost seamless for us.

We are in the same boat, I can't believe Disney would cancel reservations on Thanksgiving day without offering a similar backup reservation option. pl Maybe that is just me believing in the Disney Pixie Dust. :)

They very definitely could cancel a Thanksgiving dinner ADR at LTT at the last minute without a "similar backup reservation." I just don't want your expectations to be unrealistic.
Good Luck

They very definitely could cancel a Thanksgiving dinner ADR at LTT at the last minute without a "similar backup reservation." I just don't want your expectations to be unrealistic.
Good Luck
I agree. I would have a backup plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter