What if I reserve a villa, then ...

wheelcap

Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"
I'm working on a trip in March, but my vacation time hasn't been approved at work yet. What happens to my points if I reserve the room, then the vacation time isn't approved? I'm too busy to schedule another trip until later in the summer - and that's only if I can make it work. So, can I cancel the trip then bank the points to next year, or are they locked into this year because of that reservation?

If the points are from the UY your reservation is in and not banked or borrowed, and you are in your banking period, and you cancel before 30 days out, you can bank the points you used for the reservation to your next UY.

I'm working on a trip in March, but my vacation time hasn't been approved at work yet. What happens to my points if I reserve the room, then the vacation time isn't approved? I'm too busy to schedule another trip until later in the summer - and that's only if I can make it work. So, can I cancel the trip then bank the points to next year, or are they locked into this year because of that reservation?

What is your use year?

If the points are from the UY your reservation is in and not banked or borrowed, and you are in your banking period, and you cancel before 30 days out, you can bank the points you used for the reservation to your next UY.

Agree with this. I'll also add that this is only true if you're booking at a Disney Vacation Club resort. If you book outside of the DVC program--using points for a Disney Cruise or anything else in Disney Collection, Concierge Collection, etc.--the points become classified as "Reservation Points" and are subject to additional limitations.

If you're booking a villa at one of the 12 DVC properties, this is a non-issue. As long as you cancel more than 30 days before arrival, points go back into your account with no penalty.

But if booking elsewhere, read-up on Reservation Points and the associated restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter