What if I need to rebook? Help!

iheartmickey1111

Mouseketeer
I really wasn't sure where to post this one... we are an Army family and just days after booking a trip for Sept. 2012, we started hearing rumors that we may have to move (there is NO telling where/when). If if came down to it, and the move affected the trip, are there fees associated with rebooking a resort/dining plan reservations? How soon before I left would I be able to change it? And...hopefully someone knows this answer too- I was planning on buying my plane ticket for this trip in June (hopefully we will have an idea of what is going on by then) but if I had to change a plane ticket, does anyone have any idea of fees associated with that?

I want to be excited about this trip so badly, but I am just so worried the Army is going to pick us up and move us and it will affect the trip!

Thanks in advance!

The fees for the plane ticket will depend on airline. As far as Disney goes there are no fees to cancel a trip until you are 45 days or less from check-in.

However, if you are on a special package such as free dining or a 30% off room only deal and the last date to book has past you will not be able to simply rebook the same deal. Also the resort you have booked can not be guaranteed.
You will have to pay any difference in the rate.

I am not sure what the fees are if you cancel or change the dates after the 45 day limit but I do believe all of that is listed at the end of your reservation at the Disney booking site.

I can relate to this problem. You will have to chek your airline's website for ticket change fees. The average for legacy airlines is $150.00 per ticket for a change, plus any additional costs if the new ticket is more expensive. Other airlines, such as Southwest, will allow changes at no cost. I would wait to book airline tickets until you are sure you will be able to take this trip.

Thanks. I love the Army, but the "hurry up and wait" lifestyle makes things really hard to plan sometime! I think I will wait on the plane ticket...last fall I bought it only 1 month in advance and the cost wasn't too outrageous so I guess I'll just go with that again. Thanks also for the info on Southwest, that may be a good idea to book through them!

We are AF and book everything on a military fare. We have our flights through Delta (just call and ask for the military fare) and there are no change/cancellation fees when booked that way. I've had the same experience with United and Delta before on military fares; I've had to change with each of them and it was completely hassle-free.

As for Disney, they will allow you to cancel/reschedule for a military contingency with proof of orders. Have had to do this, too.

But yes, wait as long as you can before you book. My Army neighbor from my last base had his order well in advance of his RNLTD, and we usually get ours at least 3 months out, and are able to take leave in route, so maybe it will still work out for you regardless. GL!

We are AF and book everything on a military fare. We have our flights through Delta (just call and ask for the military fare) and there are no change/cancellation fees when booked that way. I've had the same experience with United and Delta before on military fares; I've had to change with each of them and it was completely hassle-free.

As for Disney, they will allow you to cancel/reschedule for a military contingency with proof of orders. Have had to do this, too.

But yes, wait as long as you can before you book. My Army neighbor from my last base had his order well in advance of his RNLTD, and we usually get ours at least 3 months out, and are able to take leave in route, so maybe it will still work out for you regardless. GL!

You are awesome!! Thank you SO much! I've never had to cross this bridge before and this makes me feel so much better!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter