What if I hate POP

i think if it were me and i was having doubts about staying at pop before even getting there i would upgrade now, better chance of getting the promo at the mod resort you want and the cost will not be that much more since you will not have to pay extra for the reg dp at the mod like you are at pop

i have never stayed value and would be worried too

ditto

We don't have kids. I just don't want it to be extremely hectic all the time at the resort. I'm hoping it being off season will tone it down a bit.

Are you staying at Pop to save money or because you think you might like the its theme? I'm asking because when DH and I went w/o kids we stayed at AsMu and it was not as hectic as Pop, much quieter. We really liked it. With that said, I do LOVE Pop though. Typically we go off season too and we have never had a noise issue at any of the Values. Last time we were even ground level next to the main pool and had no issues.

I hear the food court does get crazy though.

On the down side you could have large groups of students staying at pop for a sporting events (it is close to ESPN). So you could have a bunch of cheerleaders practicing at 6AM.
The ford court is packed and I have seen a lot of stuff posted here about the rudeness of many of the younger guests (groups of teens and foreign students for example)
The walls are very thin (like most hotels these days) and you could have yelling kids on all sides of you.

DH and I have stayed at POP 3 times. We do not travel with children. We love POP and will be happy to go back.

We have not found the food court to be any more "crazy" than say, POR. We eat breakfast early and have no problem.

We have never seen groups of kids at POP. I thought they usually went to the All Stars.

I have never had an issue with rude or unruly kids at POP. Why are people so quick to say that kids at value resorts are not as well behaved as kids at deluxe resorts? I suspect that is related to the observers perception and expectations more than the behavior.

You say the walls are thin. What do you base that on? I'm sure the walls have to meet building codes that do not vary with the cost of the room. I have found no difference in the noise level between value and mods. And the Unofficial Guide did a noise study that found the noisiest rooms were the deluxe. (Interior hallways focus the noise.)

To the OP : If your attitude now is that you will not like POP, then you probably will not. Make the change now while (and if) you can. Do not count on being able to move after you arrive.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

In December 2009, we went with our DD, DSIL, and DGD4. They stayed in one room at Pop and we had the connecting room. It was just a quick, cheap trip under the free dining, and I had totally NO expectations about POP, just figured it was a cheap room for the nights. And maybe the no expectation thing helped, because as it turned out we unexpectedly LOVED POP. We had no problems with noise, we stayed on the 4th floor of the 50's bldg so it was close to the food court, found everything was fine for us. No problems with the bed or with storage. Room a little small, but it didn't matter because we didn't spend that much time in there. Never waited very long for a bus.

When I talked my DH into going back to WDW for our 40th anniversary in April (just the two of us!), I decided to book POR for a different experience. (The money wasn't as much of an issue as it was going with the younger family). As it turned out, after hiking three times from our room in Alligator Bayou to the Food Court, DH turned to me and asked "And tell me why we didn't we stay at POP again?" Sigh........ and I had much higher expectations for POR since many of the board folks just LOVE it. But it wasn't our cup of tea, as it turned out. Hard to believe.......

it depends on what you want and like . all i want is clean sheets and i got that at a value resort so im fine i would rather spend less on a room and more on stuff to bring home

I have been to the Deluxe and moderates!

If you look below at where I stay NOW you will see POP !!

Never had a problem going back
9/10
12/10
8/11

Gave me extra money for several cruises this year::thumbsup2

Celebrity 7 nt Bermuda June:thumbsup2
RCCL 14 nt Southern Carrib. November :thumbsup2

Disney_Pop_Century_Resort_Logo.gif
mr_six_old_guy_lg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter