What if Garden Grill isn't spinning at the time of your meal?

Do they do pre-park opening for breakfast? I am not interested in the breakfast for myself, but just thought if they do you might could score a quick ride on Soarin after you eat, if that would be possible.

Do they do pre-park opening for breakfast? I am not interested in the breakfast for myself, but just thought if they do you might could score a quick ride on Soarin after you eat, if that would be possible.

I believe they open at 8:00 AM...This would be my plan. I don't ride Soarin bc it gets me Dizzy but my hubby and older son love it, so I figure while they are riding Soarin I could take the toddler on Living w/ The Land. For when we visit in 2017, lol, and since we can only have either Test Track or Soarin this is the perfect solution to that.

We love the food for dinner, so we wouldn't care if it were rotating or not. The food is great and the character interaction is some of the best- that's all we care about!

Just for fun...When Epcot opened the Land pavilion was sponsored by Kraft. The rotating restaurant was known as "The Good Turn." It featured several offerings with a cheese base. They would bring out a warm cheese bread loaf at the beginning of the meal which was really good. There were other cheese related items on the menu, and they would always mention that some of the vegetables being served were cultivated right there in the pavilion.
So cool! I remember the Kraft sponsorship. Remember Kitchen Cabaret? "Veggie veggie fruit fruit!" Lol

DH and I ate there a couple years ago for dinner and they sat just the two of us in a lower level booth. I didn't really even notice the rotation. It moves so slowly that we had done maybe a half of a rotation when we were finished with our meal.

So cool! I remember the Kraft sponsorship. Remember Kitchen Cabaret? "Veggie veggie fruit fruit!" Lol

Veggie Fruit Fruit is a classic in our house. The song was included on a cd of park music I bought in the 80s, Epcot hadn't been open long at the time. We played that cd over & over for a long period of time, even my adult DDs can singalong to that song. Veggie Fruit Fruit was part of the attraction called "Food Rocks."

I think all the lower tables are the same. We were a party of 3 and seated in 1 of them

There are different areas. There are some that are the small round booths, and others are extended. We sat on the bottom as a party of 6. They pushed 3 tables together. There was an empty table to our right, and next to that empty table was the last table that had a family of 3.

Yup - those with vertigo issues might want to think twice. I REALLY had to focus looking far into the distance when I could (and not at the wall) - or I would REALLY notice the movement. I made it through the meal at a comfortable pace, but by the end - I was definitely prodding the boyfriend that it was time to leave - no dilly-dallying. I was get the awful feeling in the head I get from vertigo. If you close your eyes - you probably won't notice the movement much at all in your body - but those who get sick by noticing the movement from the visual changes might struggle.

All that said - I'll probably try the place again - but like the above poster - for breakfast - and to see Chip and Dale.

Totally agree !! I have severe Vertigo, and trust me ---- you feel the spinning/rotating !!! Last time we went, I was literally sick to my stomach when we left !! I take Xanax for the vertigo, and had to take a pill as soon as we left !!

Just wanted to follow up. We ate here for lunch today and it was wonderful! The food, the service, the character interaction...all wonderful! Everyone (DH, DS 11, DD 7 and myself) loved the atmosphere. We ended up getting a semi circle booth on the lower level. It seriously couldn't have gone better! :)

I have eaten there in '08 and '14 and neither time was the restaurant rotating. I guess I just have bad luck. Never even occurred to me to cancel due to lack of rotation. The character interaction was good enough both times that we didn't really need the gimmick of it rotating (and the food was good enough as well).

I have eaten there in '08 and '14 and neither time was the restaurant rotating. I guess I just have bad luck. Never even occurred to me to cancel due to lack of rotation. The character interaction was good enough both times that we didn't really need the gimmick of it rotating (and the food was good enough as well).

Same here! Was there April '14 and it wasn't rotating. Food was good, table was great, as were the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter