What if Garden Grill isn't spinning at the time of your meal?

Last time we ate there (in September) our server gave us a whole run-down of the rotation and how there are actually different speeds, so depending on the day and time, it could be going faster than the previous time you went. I had no idea; I was just glad we were on the slow rotation :-)

We went a couple of years ago when it was broken. We were shown to a nice booth with a view of the farm house. We really enjoyed our meal there. However, there were some booths which literally had a view of a wall and that never changed. I would have been very unhappy if we had been given that table.

Lower level has a view, upper level really doesn't - there is a solid wall that comes up high enough you would have to stand up to see something. I imagine you can make the request at check in but be prepared for them to tell you they do not honor requests (I mean everyone would ask for that I think) or be told your wait is extended and it's already one of the longest waits (we've always waited at least 20-30 minutes past) or maybe you just get lucky. Great character interaction no matter where you sit. We enjoy the food as well.

But to me they are two completely different experiences spinning or not. First level is nice booths with complete privacy and a view. Upper level is tables all pushed close together, mostly no view other than a wall and lots of traffic with servers coming around with meals.

Photos are first two - view from lower level tables - then upper level tables.

disney-world-epcot-garden-grill-restaurant-gallery-4.jpg

garden%2Bgrill%2Bepcot%2B2.jpg

dining_location_image_1163.jpg

Couple of questions about this place...
It's not listed on the DDP and we have ADRs here next week. I'm assuming that it *is* in fact on the DDP but it was missed when the list was made...but does anyone have confirmation on this?
Also, it'a family style, right? Does that still mean that they bring you what they bring you and you can ask for more of whatever your family wants? It was 2007 the last time we went to a family style restaurant at Disney.

Thanks! :)

Couple of questions about this place...
It's not listed on the DDP and we have ADRs here next week. I'm assuming that it *is* in fact on the DDP but it was missed when the list was made...but does anyone have confirmation on this?
Also, it'a family style, right? Does that still mean that they bring you what they bring you and you can ask for more of whatever your family wants? It was 2007 the last time we went to a family style restaurant at Disney.

Thanks! :)

Used DDP most times I ate there. Family style. You can get more of anything.

Scroll to page 5, it's under character meals.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2016Dining.pdf

Just for fun...When Epcot opened the Land pavilion was sponsored by Kraft. The rotating restaurant was known as "The Good Turn." It featured several offerings with a cheese base. They would bring out a warm cheese bread loaf at the beginning of the meal which was really good. There were other cheese related items on the menu, and they would always mention that some of the vegetables being served were cultivated right there in the pavilion.

Thanks for the heads up about the upper and lower levels. We have an 8am ADR we'll put the request in for a lower level table and hope for the best.

Seeing as it goes so slowly I bet most dinners don't even know it's moving I can't imagine it's an issue.
I had no clue the first time we ate there. You don't "feel" it move.
We were probably half way through our meal when DH noticed the scene in front of us changed and mentioned it.
The revolving of the restaurant is just a non-factor.

Hmmmm, didnt know that. The view is important to me. So if I book it, what could I put down for a request for table location? I really want the whole experience to be great.
We sat on the lower level, in one of those semi circle booths. Not by request since we didn't know it rotated. Seating there still didn't make it obvious that it was rotating. Though that is probably the only reason DH noticed, we faced out and all the sudden, looked at something different. But between talking to each other, eating, characters, and such, we rarely looked forward to see what there was in front of us. I don't think seating on the upper level would have "ruined" anything in relation to the meal.

It is just my son and I - are there any lower-level tables that would accommodate 2 or would we be stuck in upper level?

It is just my son and I - are there any lower-level tables that would accommodate 2 or would we be stuck in upper level?
I think all the lower tables are the same. We were a party of 3 and seated in 1 of them

So honestly we have eaten there when it wasn't rotating and we have eaten there when it was rotating. Rotating (according to my kids) is a bonus. We mainly go there for Chip and Dale bc they are super funny. Now when we did go when it was rotating it didn't bother me but after a while I actually felt sick. I have vertigo issues so some things bother me more than other. That was 1 of them. Even though it spins slowly if I looked at the walls while eating I felt sick, lol. I won't stop going there though bc the kids love it and they love chip and dale and I actually thought the food was pretty tasty. We are excited to try breakfast there next year, hopefully I won't have the same problem bc its in the morning and I get less vertigo issues in the morning then I do at night, lol

Haven't been there in ages, but I don't remember any smaller booths on the lower level. Maybe you could still snag one if they aren't too busy.

So honestly we have eaten there when it wasn't rotating and we have eaten there when it was rotating. Rotating (according to my kids) is a bonus. We mainly go there for Chip and Dale bc they are super funny. Now when we did go when it was rotating it didn't bother me but after a while I actually felt sick. I have vertigo issues so some things bother me more than other. That was 1 of them. Even though it spins slowly if I looked at the walls while eating I felt sick, lol. I won't stop going there though bc the kids love it and they love chip and dale and I actually thought the food was pretty tasty. We are excited to try breakfast there next year, hopefully I won't have the same problem bc its in the morning and I get less vertigo issues in the morning then I do at night, lol
Yup - those with vertigo issues might want to think twice. I REALLY had to focus looking far into the distance when I could (and not at the wall) - or I would REALLY notice the movement. I made it through the meal at a comfortable pace, but by the end - I was definitely prodding the boyfriend that it was time to leave - no dilly-dallying. I was get the awful feeling in the head I get from vertigo. If you close your eyes - you probably won't notice the movement much at all in your body - but those who get sick by noticing the movement from the visual changes might struggle.

All that said - I'll probably try the place again - but like the above poster - for breakfast - and to see Chip and Dale.

Yup - those with vertigo issues might want to think twice. I REALLY had to focus looking far into the distance when I could (and not at the wall) - or I would REALLY notice the movement. I made it through the meal at a comfortable pace, but by the end - I was definitely prodding the boyfriend that it was time to leave - no dilly-dallying. I was get the awful feeling in the head I get from vertigo. If you close your eyes - you probably won't notice the movement much at all in your body - but those who get sick by noticing the movement from the visual changes might struggle.

All that said - I'll probably try the place again - but like the above poster - for breakfast - and to see Chip and Dale.

Would you be ok in the center non-moving section? I have no issues with motion, but just trying to think of a possible solution for you for the future.

It was just my mom and I when we went last November and we were seated in a lower level booth for breakfast together. We had plenty of space! ;-)

Would you be ok in the center non-moving section? I have no issues with motion, but just trying to think of a possible solution for you for the future.

I know for me when it was moving we actually mentioned something to them about my vertigo so they did put us in the center but the walls moving was my issue, lol, not the actually platform moving...but like I said before I am better in the morning with my vertigo bc its right after I take my "dizzy" pill so it helps me out, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter