what id to take off ship?

lindym

Mouseketeer
What ID do you all have to take with you when you are leaving the ship in ports in order to get back on?

You will need your Key to the World card and a picture ID. We have always used our Driver's license. Minor children will only need their Key to the World cards. :)

I've heard conflicting reports: Will Disney accept Passport Cards for minors or will we need the actual Passport Books? I understand Birth Certificates (certified) will also work.

Kevin

I've heard conflicting reports: Will Disney accept Passport Cards for minors or will we need the actual Passport Books? I understand Birth Certificates (certified) will also work.

Kevin

This is needed for boarding the ship in Port Canaveral, not when returning to the ship in each port where you need to show a photo ID (for the adults) and your KTTW card (for each guest regardless of age).

Any photo ID and your KTTW card are what you need.
However, I would take my passport with me in any foreign port (except Castaway Cay, which while foreign, is under complete Disney control).
If you have a problem while off the ship in a foreign port, you will need that passport.

Any photo ID and your KTTW card are what you need.
However, I would take my passport with me in any foreign port (except Castaway Cay, which while foreign, is under complete Disney control).
If you have a problem while off the ship in a foreign port, you will need that passport.

I do it the "other" way--I take our KTTW cards and driver's licenses. In addition, I take a photocopy of the first page of our passports and a copy of the day's Navigator.

I am fully aware that the photocopy of the passport is not a legal document, however, it is useful if I would need to get the passport replaced, and could act in an emergency while the passport is being obtained from the safe on the ship. The Navigator lists the name and number of the Ship's Agent, which is the number you would contact to get a message to the ship in an emergency, to get help, etc. DCL will facilitate getting your passports out of the safe, luggage, etc. as needed in an emergency.

I was robbed in Europe long ago....I only carry the actual passport where/when I'll need it. I don't need it on any of the Caribbean ports.

We do the same as kcashner, we take a photocopy of the first page of the passport along with the KTTW, dl, and navigator. We leave the passport locked in the safe. That is what was recommended on another travel site for exactly the reason kcasner stated.

Some of the times DCL takes my passport ( because I am an Alien) so I do not have an option, I do have a photo D/L so use that as it fits in my wallet, I think its very dangerous to take your passport, its an important document and you are far more likely to loose that on the beach, or on land touring, than missing the ship.

DCL Will photocopy passports for you if you do not want to take them off the ship.

I do it the "other" way--I take our KTTW cards and driver's licenses. In addition, I take a photocopy of the first page of our passports and a copy of the day's Navigator.

I am fully aware that the photocopy of the passport is not a legal document, however, it is useful if I would need to get the passport replaced, and could act in an emergency while the passport is being obtained from the safe on the ship. The Navigator lists the name and number of the Ship's Agent, which is the number you would contact to get a message to the ship in an emergency, to get help, etc. DCL will facilitate getting your passports out of the safe, luggage, etc. as needed in an emergency.

I was robbed in Europe long ago....I only carry the actual passport where/when I'll need it. I don't need it on any of the Caribbean ports.

The State Department recommends you keep the actual Passport with you when in a foreign country.
If you were to become sick, injuried or detained you likely would not be able to get back to the ship before it departed to get the actual Passport.
One great piece of advice though is to keep the Passport in a different place on your person from your other photo ID in case of robbery, or a pick pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter