What I would do/not do next cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by breakingd_awn, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Jennymom2

Jennymom2 Earning My Ears

Subscribing

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. miadeebee

miadeebee Earning My Ears

4. Mtkgal

Mtkgal Earning My Ears

Go for the hot stone massage! It was the BEST massage I've ever had.

5. McNabrat

McNabrat First Timer!

What do you mean by #1 "theirs was great"?

6. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

The ships tap water is filtered by reverse osmosis - at least the Dream and Fantasy.

7. disneypoor

disneypoor DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey! DVC Gold

I just had to post when I read your post about bingo! I have always been against spending too much money while cruising on bingo. However, last June we did the DCL Alaskan cruise, and because the weather was a bit chilly for the kids to be out on deck for some of our days, I caved and we all played bingo as a family. Keep in mind that my 14 year old son was a pain in my rear and kept begging me until I caved. Well, guess what? He won! Not just once, but twice!:cool1: The first time we just bought a sheet of games that you poke out yourself, and then after listening to him whine, I caved and got him one of those machines that you play with the second time. Yep--he won both times! I can't remember the exact amount but it was somewhere close to $500! We decided that we do kind of like playing bingo now and that we'll likely keep our son around for good luck!:rotfl:

8. ScrappinGran

ScrappinGran Mouseketeer

Learning a lot! Sailing on the Fantasy Oct. 20th, first time cruiser!
    One question- What is the Rainforest Room, what does it cost, and is it something worth doing?

9. mominva

mominva Mouseketeer

Someone else will know the official definition of the rainforest room, but I see it as a wonderful spa room. They have different treatment rooms - amazing showers with different "themes", different spa rooms - steam rooms, dry sauna, etc. They have another room with heated stone recliners with a beautiful view, and a couple of jacuzzis that look out over the ocean. It was a great place to relax and was never very crowded - at least not the times I went there - even though the ship must have been close to sold out. It cost $16 for a day pass, and you can get a weekly pass also. I've heard they can sell out, but I had no problem getting a pass on the two days I ended up having time to go. Very much worth it!

10. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

subbing

11. McNabrat

McNabrat First Timer!

Bumping, would LOVE some input from recent cruisers :)

12. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

very interesting post!!

was the concierge lounge crowded throughout the cruise, or only on the first day?
    when you say you were pushed through the crowd in the terminal, was it a cast member who pushed you through (led you through)?
    did you use the concierge sun deck at all?

we're planning on getting off the ship at nassau just to check out the graycliff hotel (whatever it's called) and maybe some window shopping in the straw market..
    we've already been to atlantis, so we don't have any interest in going there....but we will get off the ship for 2 or 3 hours just to break things up a bit..

interesting about animators palate....how was the menu there?
    i've heard so many comments about it being terribly noisy....i hope my mom and sister aren't totally turned off by it....hmmm...
    people have told me i should request it for the first night, but if it's so noisy, maybe i should request the royal palace for the first night......

i'm hoping to get remy for pirates night on our cruise..
    not sure if we'll do palo dinner....we would have to miss a regular rotation to get to palo for dinner...maybe we'll just do the brunch there...

13. Minnie-Mickey

Minnie-Mickey Mouseketeer

I am wondering if anyone would let Disney do the flights again? We did our own last time during the last trip but this time flights are starting to come out for april 2013 and I dont think I can do the trip. ; ( so far one person is more than our whole cruise the first time and its just the flights.

14. wishuponastarforever

wishuponastarforever <font color=deeppink>I just love coming here and v

We'll be on cruise 7 this September
    We have loved every one of them:

Things we would do again:
    Desk 4 lounge chairs
    play shuffleboard - forgot how fun it is
    Take our adult beverages on board but still buy some favorites
    Take over the counter medication - found out the hard way that you have
    to go to the infirmary for everything but seasick mediction. DH was seriously constipated (TMI) but it was making him sick - costly - from now on we take mediction for the above problem, as well as pepto bismol for the opposite problem - aspirin - anything that may rear it's ugly head.
    order the international cheese tray the first day and refridgerate to snack at will
    Palo dinner
    Palo brunch
    order coffee at Coffee Cove every morning and have a card stamped for a free coffee after 5 (I think 5)
    swim in the pools extra early - had the pool all to ourselves for an hour one morning last cruise. Waaaaaay wonderful
    Stay on board at most ports
    get off early at CC - it's great to snorkle and see Mickey before the sand kicks up
    Take battery candle - romatic on verandah or nightlight in bathroom
    Take a gift bag to servers and cabin attendant

Things we would not do again:
    Go to a movie late - seating fills up fast for the better movies
    Pirate night - good night for Palo or Cabanas - see only the fireworks
    Play bingo - it was fun but if you don't win (we did not) it is expensive
    Put up with the chair hogs - next time I will say something
    Palo for lobster night - beautiful presentation for an extra dry lobster

Things to do for the first time:
    Rainforest
    Hoping to do the 5K (walking) at CC
    Order two deserts at Palo (we LOVE two of them) and take one back to the cabin
    Try the champagne or martini tasting
    Aquaduck and minature golf on The Fantasy
    Order room service Mickey bars and/or cookies with milk YUM

15. dizkids

dizkids DIS Veteran

Subbing for a great read! I got to page 4 and cant wait to finish reading later : ):goodvibes

16. MandNCC

MandNCC Earning My Ears

I would NOT get a service at the spa, I did not appreciate being told I was overweight and pushed to buy a product that I explained I couldn't use as we do not have a tub at home to soak in. I would have rather saved that money and gotten 3 massages at home!

17. Strawberry's mom&dad

Strawberry's mom&dad DIS Veteran

Something I would like to try next time:
    Stay awake past 9pm to experience some of the night time activities:rotfl:

18. Tami0220

Tami0220 Chip & Dale Fanatic

OMG! How totally inappropriate. I'm a big girl and would be fortified if that occurred. I hare the hard
    sell

19. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

Things I would do:

1. Make it a point to see the adult comedy show. Two cruises and missed it both times!

2. Book the Hyatt again. Loved it!

3. Budget for onboard booking of subsequent cruises. Didn't build it into the budget on our first cruise but did this last time. I think I've turned into one of those cruise people!;)

4. Loved our verandah and will continue to book this way on future cruises.

5. Try to review the Navigator before we cruise in order to plan our activities a bit more.

6. Book a spa treatment.

7. Pack travel sizes of my Bath and Body Works stuff, full size takes up too much space and weigh more.

8. Pack extra Dermaplast - my sister used up a whole can just for herself.

9. Pack a shoe holder - I always have a lot of crap to organize.

Things I wouldn't do:

1. I wouldn't pack as much clothing. Oh, who am I kidding?? I say this every vacation. Hey, I like to have options.

2. Don't get sick. Yeah, like I really have control over that.:sick:

3. Don't book a cruise that is less than 7 nights. Loved the double dip but missed the extra sea days.

20. princess aleya

princess aleya DIS Veteran

I would not pack so many clothes :sad2: We were in swim suites most of the time.

21. Drew9780

Drew9780 Mouseketeer

Subbing