What I witnessed at Flame Tree today...

.....and people wonder why so many tummy bugs make the rounds at the World. :sick:

Does a person who will change a diaper on a dining table really worry about hand-washing in the normal course? How many rails will they touch along the way?

I have to wonder would they change the baby on their dining room table?

I will never drink from another water fountain in a theme park again after I saw a mother using one as a baby bidet in Adventureland a while back.:eek:

I saw a mom do the same thing at those water fountains just down from Space Mountain. Just swishing her kid's poopy butt in the fountain.:crazy2: Haven't drank from a water fountain since then.:crazy2:

I always carrying santizing wipes in my handbag and wipe down our tables for this exact reason. I've witnessed the same scene many times. Purely disgusting.

Well, guess I'm going to start carrying a pack of Lysol wipes to the park to wipe down a table before I eat. Gross.

Not only is it completely disgusting to change your child on a table meant for eating for the obvious reasons, it is also completely wrong in regards to your child. I know they are just babies but come on, have a little respect for your child and take them to a place where all of Gods creation doesnt get to gawk at them. The whole situation is just wrong in my opinion. I feel I would have said something but when stupid slaps you in the face sometimes you are a little taken aback.

Everyone remember this next time your french fry falls off your tray and lands on the table and you still want to eat it :scared:

This is why I won't use public water fountains(I have seen people put their whole entire mouth around the thing. Uuuugh not kidding lol), do my best not to touch any surface in the restroom or any door handle for that matter that is used by hundreds of people, etc. Just like using buses or subways or even the monorails, touch the poles and what not, you're just asking to get sick. Sometimes you have no choice, but always best to avoid when possible.

It makes you wonder how some people these days, displaying this type of manner(this is not to be taken the wrong way) can even afford going into the parks. Or even if they can, why they would want to visibly display certain behaviour and lack of consideration for others. Honestly, I view Disney as a "classy" theme park...if there even is such a thing. You expect more from people in Disney. At least I do.

When I was waiting tables many years ago a mother changed a dirty diaper on top of the table & then wadded up the diaper & put it on a plate. :crazy2: I told my manager as soon as she started changing the diaper & he let her be. He told me to bus the table as always & go about my day. :sad2:

Yeah, well... I threw the plate, silverware & napkin that were on top of the plate away & sanitized the heck out of that table as good as I could.

No, I never eat anything that hits the table at a restaurant. I have to forget a lot of what I've seen just to be able to even eat in a restaurant. :goodvibes There's some nasty people out there.

Yuk hope the table got sanitised after, did anyone say anything to them

In our situation at Pecos Bill, yes. Lady next to her asked why was she changing the baby on the table. She responded " Do you want to hear my child cry?' I responded, no, but there is a bathroom all of 40 feet from you. Her response " It's quicker to just do it here." I said "In other words, you're lazy.' That got me a glare from the husband. I chuckled and went about my business.

They should have used the bathroom - I am sure there is a changing table.
How rude of them.

:confused3Would they change their kids diaper on their own kitchen table or counter at home?

How disgusting if they did :scared:

Yeah thats gross, i mean my DD lost a tooth at CS Yak and Yeti and my DW dragged her to the bathroom just in case there was blood, but poop???????????? OMG

Wonder if this is the same family that changed the baby on the table at Starbucks that was on the news awhile back. what worse is there is a bathroom across from Flame Tree!

Why are there so many rude people while we're on vacation??? I understand everyone's definition of rude or manners is different, BUT I'm pretty sure the only places I've personally seen kitchen areas next to the bathroom type areas (hole in the floor with no partition) are in non-modernized towns around the world.

Everywhere else has the "water-closets" away from the eating areas and partitioned walls. I mean even "off the grid" cabins have outhouses away from the main cabins.

My point is this concept should be pretty common around the world (except areas where you don't shake people's left hand). Keep the bio fluids in the restroom and the food in the dining areas!!!

Sorry, just a little venting. This is supposed to be the happiest place on earth!

This is a safety hazard. Anything from the norovirus to e-coli could be spread when feces are involved and kill someone with a compromised immune system.

I would have said something too though they wouldn't have stopped what they were doing. Just like the people at the theaters that feel it's OK to use their cellphones to check messages while in the theater with that blinding light. You can say something, but they tell you to f-off or make some rude gesture and keep on doing it, and then after they've made their point that you don't control them, about 10 seconds later, put it away. (We actually tossed a kernel of popcorn at a guy in front of us that kept taking it out, you know, as a hint to cut it out. He stood up, turned around and since he didn't know who did it, threatened to shoot who ever did! Yeah, he was a thug.) Entitlement is disgusting! People have no respect for anyone else anymore. I do my best not to pay attention to anyone outside of my own family unit on vacation because I'm always annoyed and frustrated w/ lack of sympathy, compassion, decency, respect, etc...

Back to the original issue: ISH....Just....ISH!:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter