What I Love About PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE!

DH and I just returned from 8 days at POP century and had a great time!!! we also resort hopped to check out some other places since this was DH's first onsite stay. We checked out PortOrleans Riverside and French Quarters and are planning to return for a 4 night stay in August.....but we are torn as to which to stay....we will only be there for a short stay...and we will be without children....any suggestions? This resort sounds absolutley great!!! I will keep reading for more positive responses.....Thanks!!! :sunny:

i have to say we love yee haw bob!!!! can i say it anymore!!!!

cant wait we leave in 8 days to pofq and of course we are making our stop at por

Eeyore4me764 said:
DH and I just returned from 8 days at POP century and had a great time!!! we also resort hopped to check out some other places since this was DH's first onsite stay. We checked out PortOrleans Riverside and French Quarters and are planning to return for a 4 night stay in August.....but we are torn as to which to stay....we will only be there for a short stay...and we will be without children....any suggestions? This resort sounds absolutley great!!! I will keep reading for more positive responses.....Thanks!!! :sunny:

My situation is the opposite of yours. I stayed at POR last time and I'm giving Pop Century a try for my next trip.

You can't go wrong with either POR or POFQ. They are both great resorts. :goodvibes

Boatwrights, cane pole fishing the fishin' hole, and the view of Parterre Place from the Sassagoula

My favorite things about POR? That we'll be there in a little over THREE weeks!!! :cheer2:

This will be our second stay at POR. I gave our DD(8, turning 9 this trip), DS (4) and DH the options of trying one of the other moderate resorts, but DD campaigned for this one again. She remembers the pool from four years ago; the boat ride; and the towel "animals" from housekeeping! :wizard:

I love this thread. Thanks for starting it. We're staying at POR in July for the first time and I'm so excited after reading all these great posts! :goodvibes

TELL ME MORE :Pinkbounc
TELL ME MORE :Pinkbounc :bounce:
TELL ME MORE :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Less than 2 weeks for us! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We can't wait to make our memories of The paths, the boatride, the quiet pools, the carriage rides, Bob, the bunnies & frogs, the great CM's, Boatwrights, the food court & so much more!!!!

Thanks everyone. :thumbsup2

YO

We loved it, even more than we expected to. It is so beautiful, the photos don't do it justice. We loved Bob Jackson, Ol' Man Island, our room in AB, mousekeeping, the giftshop, etc.

We had friends who had only stayed deluxe finally try POR and they loved it too.

I can't wait! I'm at less than 90 days until we go:) Who is Bob Jackson?
We are looking forward to the pool, the carriage ride :love: . And then just the atmosphere!!

Pixiedust34 said:
:goodvibes We love POR!

We stayed at AB and I enjoyed walking to Riverside Mill every morning to get our coffee. I got up early, so I usually had the paths to myself. There were baby ducks and baby bunnies all along the trails. It was the perfect way to start my day!

Me, too! I love walking the paths around the resort in the early morning hours before the hustle and bustle of the day hits the resort.

The "Old South" themeing really appeals to me -- especially in AB. I even love the recorded cricket sounds!

Ah my favourite place! It is such a beautiful resort and peaceful too! We`ve stayed there at the busiest of times and the quietest and it remains so so peaceful - it does absorb alot of people.
I love the check in hall, the foodcourt and especially the walks around the river - first thing in the morning. In fact I like to walk down to POFQ for a coffee to start the day.
There`s no where better I like to stay :goodvibes :wave2:

Thank you so much for starting this thread. As you can see from my name (the Dixie is for Dixie Landings) and from my signature, Riverside is by far my fave resort. DH and I will be returning there on Oct13th and we can't wait!

At this point, I pretty much love everything about the resort - the theming, the grounds, the general atmosphere but my favorite things are:
Bob Jackson (he's amazing)
The foodcourt
The decor in the Alligator Bayou rooms
The general store
The little carts they use to take you to your room when you arrive

Oh there are too many things to list! I love it all! :teeth:

POR is our favorite place to stay. We stayed there for our honeymoon years ago and it will always be Dixie Landings to us.

It's so beautiful and peaceful. Even when you're tired at the end of the day, the walk back to your room is beautiful and relaxing because the paths and landscaping are lighted so wonderfully.

The boat ride to Downtown Disney is amazing.

The bunnies are so cute when they're out in the early morning dew nibbling on the grass as you walk to the foodcourt.

AB rooms for families with small children. This is a beautiful resort with lots to see and do - wonderful public areas, great pools, terrific food court and that relaxing boat ride to DTD. My wife and I spent some wonderful vacations there when it was Dixie Landings. Now, the last two trips, my DD's have grown to love POR.

:goodvibes :goodvibes

teacher31 said:
One word: Tranquility. We've been there several times in early June and I feel like we're the only ones there. We go for walks on the paths, and we are alone. We hit the pool, we're alone as well. Food court isn't so tranquil, but it is so relaxing. I can't wait!

thats what I feel....tranquility. I love the first of the mornings in POR walking to get my morning coffee and that smell... :love: the earthy, dewy, outdoor smell of nature....watching the little ducks quitely swim! You feel like your one million miles away from the craziness of the parks but yet its so close!

I cant wait!! I am bringing 3 friends of mine down there and none of them have been to POR...2 of them havent actually never been to WDW!

Enjoy or stay! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Belle Amy said:
We LOVE POR. The boat to DTD is so convenient, the walkways make you feel like you are only there with a handful of people. We were there for Christmas this past year, and it still felt this way.

We've never tried the main pool, but love the private pools found in the mansion areas. These pools are seemingly never busy. We love to swim while we wait for our laundry to finish, as the laundry room is located within the same area.

The morning walk to the food court is wonderful and relaxing, and the food court itself gives you so many options. Also available in your refillable mug, for the cold months, hot chocolate.

We also love the River Roost Lounge, and while it typically doesn't open until 4pm most days, we spent many a Sunday watching football on the big screen in the room adjacent to it.

The bathrooms, as strange as that sounds, are fantastic, they have the old fashioned toilets with the pull down chain to flush. Love the themeing.

The rooms themselves are excellent, and we love the the double sinks as well.

I don't think there is a thing I dislike about this resort. We'll be headed there in 9 days! I'm so excited!

We are so on the same page!!! Just love POR "Dixie Landings"
Love the Mansions! And River Roost Lounge for Appitzers and beer, you can't beat it! Have a good time! :wave2:

The walk to/from the main building.

The trainquility after a busy day in the park.

Going for a walk to refill the mug in the Mill.

How it feels like home.

The boat ride to Downtown Disney (we did this almost every day, just to get out and walk around a bit and then take the boat back).

:moped: My family loves to wake up and look outside for bunnies. They are so cute. Also, that chicken caesar salad in the food court is fabulous! IMHO POR Rocks! Have a Disney Day!!! :earsgirl: :hippie: :firefight :clown: :rolleyes1 :smokin: :banana: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter