What I love about Nassau

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
This was a a suggestion from another thread, to counter some of the more negative posts.

Cable Beach is beautiful.
Ardastra Gardens makes for a fun excursion.
The people are friendly - yes I know some seem rather aggressive, but they are trying to make a living in a tourist economy. A smile and "no, thank you" has always worked for me.
Conch Fritters!!!!

Cracked conch!!!! Mmmmm....the sole reason I enjoy cruise stops to Nassau! Two weeks from today, is my Nassau day and I can taste the conch now!!!

dcassetta - conch fritters are delicious too! I just might have to get some of those too!

What I like from Nassau (that I did not visit) is that it makes an awesome background when taking pictures from the Dream.

I got a picture of my husband playing mini-golf, with Atlantis in the background... and it looks way too cool.

:rotfl2:

Last edited:
meve, I got some neat "miniature" pictures with my camera during our last time there. Makes it look all pretty and sparkly and nice.

Thought about sending DH in a cab to Greycliff to buy some chocolates (the ones you buy are sooooo much tastier than what you make IMO) but he didn't want to. And then it started to storm.

Any specific recommendations for places to eat near the ship? I really don't want to plan to be gone a long time, but I love trying new dishes and conch has me intrigued.

The marketplace that's right there when you get off the ship is where I get my conch. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but I cruise in two weeks. I can post the name when I get back.

Lukka Kairi (restaurant) was great! I think it's reasonably close to the port. It's across the street from Senor Frog's. We went in January and it had just opened. All of the waitstaff was super friendly (both owners stopped by our table to check on us) and, most importantly, the food was delicious! We had some form of conch goodness there. I will definitely eat there again in Nassau.

On another note, I really like Paradise Beach. It's technically on Paradise Island, but a very easy cab ride from Nassau, and the beach was lovely.

KiKi, the tour guide at the chocolate factory, is adorable and sweet and worth meeting.

Yes, yes!!! The Greycliff is a very nice resort, the chocolate tour is not very extensive but a lot of fun, and Kiki is a hoot. Everyone seems to remember her!

I think the best place for conch is Goldie's. If you are on your way to or from Ardastra Gardens, you will go right by it.

What I love about Nassau is wandering in and out of the Bay Street stores. Unlike Cozumel, have not found the folks in Nassau aggressive at all and will back off from you with just a "no thank you".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter