What I learned today!

Did the pre resort check in at WDW in march. All of my requests were already noted and I could see them on line. I had the Dinning plan and had no problem with it. There is a separate line for pre registered guest. It was amazingly fast. No one else in line even though it was 1pm and the regular line was BUSY. It probably would have taken less than 2-3 min. since everything is there waiting for you.They just confirm the information and off you go. It did take us a few more minutes because we wanted a specific room area so she had to go make different arrangements. It still only took less than 10 min.

It is good to see that your requests are shown on the online check-in. My requests that I had originally made became much more relavent when my husband ended up having emergancy knee surgery and now we will be touring Disney with a HUGE knee brace and a wheelchair:confused: I am soooo hoping that my request of a king bed in one of our rooms at POP can be granted since we just don't fit in a double bed with that bum knee and the brace. Just not sure how hard it is to get a king bed since they are limited availability:confused3

Where you able to get your specific room area after all?
Had you put that specific room area on your original reservation request?
Just wondering if they really pay attention to the requests.

I am starting to pack now and we don't leave til the 25th of August!!!:rotfl2:

Don't feel bad, I leave Aughust 27th and I just bought all new summer outfits so I can pack them in my suitcase, leave them and be ready to go on our trip

something about being packed makes it seem like the trip is closer :lmao:

I bought disposible ponchos, but was worried about them being way too big for the kids - 2 preschoolers and a grade schooler. SO, I went on ebay and got Disney ponchos that will fit them. My girls will have Hannah Montana and the princesses. My son will have Lightning McQ. It will be another surprise for them when the time comes and they will FIT. We will keep them in a large ziplock in the stroller when we don't need them.

I am loving this, great idea to post these tips! I will be checking this out as I can, thanks!

b-t-w...I just returned from a small Disney trip and I had to buy a poncho and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It protected me very nicely, dried quickly, and I did not feel wet, damp, or hot using it. The rain was pouring so badly and we wanted to get to our dinner location so I caved in and bought these, not so bad at all. We head back in September/October, and I can probably deal without them since the rain showers are not as intense as our current season, and I do not mind getting a little wet.:goodvibes

to see all the tips you have posted between now and then. Our ADR's are done, cancelled the Fantasmic package and booked a different dinner reservation - we decided, based on what I was reading, that if we wanted to do Fantasmic, we would take our chances - also didn't like the thought of a 4:00 p.m. dinner for a 9:00 show.

Started my scrapbook yesterday - have the coverpage done and will be saving momento's the whole time we are at Disney...

Can't wait to see more tips...

I just did the online checkin today :cool1: It worked fine for me. The only thing you can request, however, is a pack 'n play crib and refrigerator, not locations. If you want to request a certain location, you should call reservations before you do the online checkin. They can put it in for you.

Do you call the main WDW reservations line or do you call the hotel directly?? (Can you even call the hotels directly??)

Do you call the main WDW reservations line or do you call the hotel directly?? (Can you even call the hotels directly??)

We called the WDW reservations line to have our location request noted. On Tues, prior to our Sat. arrival I faxed our request directly to the resort.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread because I can never have too many Disney tips. :thumbsup2

Keep posting the tip (aka questions).

Ds and I go the week before you and I've never stayed at the park(s) before.

(I planned online check in and ponchos are purchased.)

Is it sad that with 64 days to go excluding bandaids and some snack foods I think I have pretty much everything picked up already?

Why haven't you packed bandaids yet? They won't expire. ;) What about moleskin? You can't forget moleskin! Never, ever go to WDW without moleskin!!! Hopefully you will be checking at least one piece of luggage if you are flying so take a pair of scissors so you can cut it. Someone will get a blister, they always do.

Almost forgot to say, not it isn't bad. When I would drive, I would keep a Disney tote packed all the time with travel essentials.

What a great idea!! I'm on board.

Oly question I have for you is....I leave in 130 days, can you keep going with the tips?? These so far are good stuff. I had no clue about the online check in. Now I've got to create a pre-trip check list. :banana:

About the poncho, I have yet to ever travel to any disney park and feel the need for any poncho. I really don't like how big and bulky they are. However since we are traveling at the end of Hurricane season, this time around something is needed. Before we go we are buying Frogg Toggs - Driducks. They are a little more expensive but they don't look like a trash bag, are made of material instead of plastic, and definitely reusable.

Have you seen this packing check list before? It might be a good start for you.

It is good to see that your requests are shown on the online check-in. My requests that I had originally made became much more relavent when my husband ended up having emergancy knee surgery and now we will be touring Disney with a HUGE knee brace and a wheelchair:confused: I am soooo hoping that my request of a king bed in one of our rooms at POP can be granted since we just don't fit in a double bed with that bum knee and the brace. Just not sure how hard it is to get a king bed since they are limited availability:confused3

Where you able to get your specific room area after all?
Had you put that specific room area on your original reservation request?
Just wondering if they really pay attention to the requests.

You probably need to request a handicap accessible room. Have you been on the DISabilities board to look for any suggestions on getting the room you need and/or for tips on getting around the parks? Everyone over there is so helpful and kind.

If you have read any of my other posts you know that my plan is to try to find out one tip every day between now and the start of our vacation on August 22nd. I decided I would document this stuff so that maybe if there is another newbie out there I might be able to actually help someone and contribute to the board rather than just taking info away from it. Also, if my information is incorrect or less than completely accurate you guys can set me straight. :)

So here goes t-minus 71 days and counting:

Thanks to allears.net I learned that the 10 day advanced check in option is the mouse's ear. Apparently once you get within 10 days of your scheduled arrival you can go to disneys reservation page and check in to your hotel. You even get to try to request certain room features (location) then when you get to your resort you skip right over an actual check in, you don't wait in line you just go to the counter and get your papers and keys and off you go. I also read that if your room isn't ready you can give them your cell number and they will text you when it is!

The reviews were outstanding on this one so unless I hear other wise i am hooking it up first thing on 8/12/09.

Love your tips so far. Can't wait to see the next ones. We are going the same days you are so maybe see you there.

I have bought 2 sets of disposable ponchos--should I buy more? Don't want to carry them around, but don't want to buy too many either.

Love this thread! Keep the tips coming.:lovestruc
I will try the online check in and already plan on "investing" in at least 2 ponchos each from the dollar store;) After they get wet, everyone tries to claim the one in the best condition as theirs. Too hard to refold. I will buy more this time.

We always got the Dollar Store Ponchos when we went but they were so thin and hot and stuck to you like Saran Wrap. They would rip easily too. One year we got the Mickey ones (they were yellow at the time, I think they are clear now) and they were SO much better it was worth the extra $$ for them. They usually will last a few trips too, so you don't have to buy them every time.

Thanks...this is a fun thread. Have you thought about adding (copying and pasting) your tip to the first post every day? It will be a great place to organize all of your info:)

bring a hand towel or washcloth - you can then wipe off the wet seats - (esp useful for Splash Mountain!) after a rain - keep them in a plastic grocery type bag - so once you use your ponchos, you can fold them up and pop them in the plastic bag...

With online check in, do you have to add a credit card or is it optional?

It was required. You'd have to do it anyway when you show up to the desk for regular check in, but I do know some people are iffy about that kind of thing.

bring a hand towel or washcloth - you can then wipe off the wet seats - (esp useful for Splash Mountain!) after a rain - keep them in a plastic grocery type bag - so once you use your ponchos, you can fold them up and pop them in the plastic bag...

If you roll up your ponchos instead of trying to fold them they take up less room. We could fit 3 disney ones in a small disney shopping bag that I "hung" from my fannypack strap.

I haven't packed the bandaids yet cause they haven't gone on sale yet.

(Actually some go on sale tomorrow.)

That is the only reason I hadn't picked them up yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter