What I learned this Christmas (re: Bacon!)

Lo, and the prophet Kenmore spake unto the hungry hoardes: "Ye who cook bacon in a skillet may now know the true miracle of Christmas--ye may cook the meat in an oven using the very parchment on which ye scribe recipes. It comes out real nice...like 'ahem' Amana from heaven.:)

I use the bottom of my broiler pan lined with heavy duty foil, folded up the lip of the pan.

I use two bakers grid-style cooling racks. I lay one layer on each rack. I rest the rim of the first rack on the lip of the broiler pan, I use a little square of foil balled up on each of the corners of the first rack, then place the second rack on top.

All the drippings fall into the broiler pan, crispy bacon, melts in your mouth.

Yep, me too!

I put the bacon in the pan the night before Christmas and refrigerated the whole thing. Christmas morning, I just pulled it out and put it in the oven. Saved me lots of time getting Christmas breakfast ready so I didn't feel I had to take myself away from the family to get breakfast ready.

What temperature do you cook it at and for how long?

I've been doing 400 degrees for 22 minutes & it has come out perfect the past 2 days. My oven is kinda old though, so I'm not sure if this exact number will work for you. I have been checking it after 20 minutes.

So funny! We did it for the first time on Christmas too and to be honest I was not too happy my husband wanted to try it out that particular day...like what if it didn't turn out! BUT OMG it was melt in your mouth delicious!

Liz

I have a baking sheet and cookie rack I use just for making bacon in the oven. It comes out nice and crispy every time

This is a great idea and I was wondering about this recently so I'm glad to have come across this thread. I reheated some already fried bacon in the oven over the holidays and it made it so nice and crispy. It was crazy good. I'm going to try to cook it in the oven from now on.

I have a baking sheet and cookie rack I use just for making bacon in the oven. It comes out nice and crispy every time

That's a good idea....and one of those times when you do a head smack because it's so simple and I didn't think of that :lmao: I have a couple racks that I never use--not even sure what they are from--old pans or something. I need to start using them for bacon :thumbsup2

You could also probably use the metal rack that comes in roasters.

I've also used my broiler pan but the openings were not all that large and the bacon still sat in the grease so I stopped using that. When I do my brown sugar bacon, it can't really be on a rack but for regular bacon it could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter