what I can bring in carryon- food ???

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
I have a question,which I haven't come across..... I bought some lunchable kits for the kids for our flight,but didn't think till I got home,they have a 6.75 oz. drink box in them,I was wondering,could I remove the drink box,and still carry them on? It's the nachos one,with a small pot of salsa,and one of goo cheese- I think the total oz for the pack is less than 5 oz- what do you think?
Or,if I opened the box to remove drink,that would make the rest unacceptable to bring? I know,smalll stuff,but would love to hear some opinions here......
that's what Walmart does to me,all the noise makes it imposible to think....:rotfl2:

Remove the juice and leave it home.

Remove the salsa and the 'cheese goo' :teeth: and place all containers/packets in one one-quart clear plastic zip-top bag. One person in your party can claim this as their 3-1-1 bag. Their actual 3-1-1 items can be divided among the other bags, if necessary.

As long as the contents of EACH packet/container is 3.4 ounces or less and they all fit comfortably into the one bag, you will not have a problem.

good idea.....I'll put the goo in the ziplocs.....why, the kids like the 'goo' is beyond me.....thanks!;)

Don't do it! Leave those Lunchables at home.

I probably have more Lunchables expeience than kaytieeldr ... I always tremble when I disagree with her, because she's both very knowledgable AND intimidating :rotfl2: (laughing about the second one, not the first one).

The salsa and the cheese in the Lunchables are not in separate packets, but are rather just in open "tubs."

hsmamato2, when you say the entire packet is less tnan 5 ounces, that's 5 ounces of WEIGHT, not 5 ounces of volume.

You don't have containers for each "goo," containers that are each labeled with the amount of "goo." Even if the 5 ounces on the Lunchables package were volume (which it's not), you're only permitted up to 3.4 ounces (100 ml) per marked container. It's not like you can bring a 6 ounce container of shampoo and tell TSA that it's from 2 smaller containers so it's okay ... know what I mean?

Leave it at home.

Do your kids like any of the smaller lunchables??? The kids that have meat and crackers but no "goo"?

hmmmm-guess I'll leave those dang things home....this is what happens when you're a mom like me(mean) and Never ever buy lunchables....I'm a lunchable newbie....:confused3 oh well, our first and likely last experience will be a snack on some roadtrip this week......hope the kids enjoy them.....:rotfl:

Just butting in.

Thanks for the ideas. DH and DS would love the meat, cheese & cracker lunchables for snacks on the planes. That's the best idea I've heard in a long time. :thumbsup2

Just had to laugh as this reminded me of our last trip to Cali. We (my dh17 and I) were at Newark and the security guy gave us a hard time about a bottle that had the 3ounces imprinted into the bottle. He said "How do I know how much this holds it has no label?" I showed him the 3 ounces indicator that was molded into the actual bottle. I said I assumed it was because label can be switched. I also showed him the other bottles that were exactly the same in the bag that still had the little stickers on them. He gave us a hard time, lectured us for a bit, pounded his chest once or twice and then waved us through with our carry ons each containing a Lunchable with a full size Capri Sun included.

We didn't realize we had done that until we were at the gate, and just laughed our butts off until we realized it really wasn't funny. Scary really.

Snack related - If you ever bring a bag of chips like Lays, and throw it in the overhead compartment on the plane. When you go to retrieve it mid-flight, it'll look like one of those mylar balloons ready to burst...:lmao:

We just buy the kids stuff once we get through security.

It's a bit more expensive then a lunchable but once you've made it to "the other side" of security (lol) it's easier.

We've been allowed to carry it on every time sometimes eating it while boarding.

Snack related - If you ever bring a bag of chips like Lays, and throw it in the overhead compartment on the plane. When you go to retrieve it mid-flight, it'll look like one of those mylar balloons ready to burst...:lmao:

And then you get to try to open the bag without it exploding.

Not that it happened to me on a flight home from Vancouver or anything.:rolleyes1

I was terrified it would make a loud noise and people would think it was some sort of bomb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter