What hotels did you consider & why did you pick the one you're staying at?

Another thing that really annoys me... people who complain that the room was fine but the corridors were dirty... if you are spending most of your time in corridor, seek help. Your "fun" section in your brain is malfunctioning :)

:lmao:

For me the choice of hotels varies as DD's age and stage change - and maybe mine too ;)

On site is a must for us. If I can't stay onsite, then it's not that I won't go, but I will wait longer for a trip and spend more time saving.

This year's choice of resort was down to the fact that I want it to be a surprise trip for DD and she has her heart set on POFQ because of the pictures of the waterslide at the pool there. Had it not been a surprise trip, I would have done WL, however I would not have gone during free dining for WL simply because I wanted the QSDP not the regular. Now ideally I would love to stay at the Poly but it is just a bit out of my price range at the moment, unless I skip a year or get a good pin code - and honestly, I would rather do a POP than skip a year. That's another resort I would like to try, preferably before DD gets too much older.

For me and OH as its our honeymoon we knew we would stay onsite
We wanted to be closer to DTD...to use the boat.
We looked at various hotels and thought about looking into the free dining.
On complete orlando they have ammazing deals on SSR or OKW.
I then found out OKW is getting refurbed as we speak...so thats out final choice.
x

Another thing that really annoys me... people who complain that the room was fine but the corridors were dirty... if you are spending most of your time in corridor, seek help. Your "fun" section in your brain is malfunctioning :)
If you're staying at a deluxe resort (and paying deluxe+ prices), it's not unreasonable to expect all areas to be nothing less than immaculate. If you're a DVC owner and paying annual dues for the upkeep of the resort, you've got even more right to be annoyed. During our last stay at BWV, both our room and the carpets in the corridors were in a shocking state of disrepair. Whilst I wouldn't let it spoil my holiday (and I certainly don't have any problem knowing how to have fun) I consider it a duty to comment when standards at a deluxe resort fall way short of the designation. It's a bit of a jump to assume that because someone complains on a discussion forum that they've been obsessing over it and ruining their enjoyment. :o

We've been visiting Orlando since 1992 and have experienced the gamut of accommodation options - I-Drive, villas in various communities, onsite at WDW, onsite at UO, truly deluxe hotels offsite and DVC ownership - so making a choice gets more difficult with each trip. AT WDW, it's all about location for me, so I'm willing to put up with inferior accommodation, if necessary. All things being equal, I'd stay at the newest resorts every time, but we love Epcot so, as DVC owners we're drawn to either BWV or BCV. Our next trip will definitely see us spending a few days at BLT which has the double benefit of being new and close to MK. We normally mix things up and my ideal stay is a villa at Reunion with a couple of nights onsite at both WDW and UO.

We are staying at the Staybridge suites in LBV in november.

My first choice was on site at CBR however my girlfriend (first time visitor) didnt really want the full on 24 hour disney experience and after looking at the rooms she decided on site wasnt for her (crazy i know!).

We then decided we would rather have a suite than a room as a bit more space would be nice and the kitchen facilities will be handy. Im a big chap but ive never managed to complete a meal in the US so it will be nice to be able to take the left overs back to the room, store them and be able to reheat for lunch on a quiet pool day :)

She liked the Hawthorne Suites at the top of i-drive, however I decided this area was a bit too run down in places and a bit too close to Sand Lake road so managed to persuade her to for the LBV area as its a little more chilled in my opinon.

We wanted the Lake Buena Vista resort and Spa but could not book it through First Choice initially (im keen to try the premier seats as being a 6 foot and 120kg+ powerlifter i can get a little cramped in the wee seats on some flights) so went for the Staybridge suites as the area looks quiet and has good facilities close by.

The LBV resort and spa now has availability on First Choice again, however weve decided that its a bit too out of the way for Universal/i-Drive so have stuck with the Staybridge.

Im not expecting luxury but as long as its a (fairly) clean and comfortable base i'll be more than happy.

Staying in December at The Royal Plaza at DTD. Paid in advance and got a silly, very cheap price for a Suite, 12 days here and then 2 nights at the Contemporary with MK view (which is nearly as much as the 12!)

Staying in December at The Royal Plaza at DTD. Paid in advance and got a silly, very cheap price for a Suite, 12 days here and then 2 nights at the Contemporary with MK view (which is nearly as much as the 12!)
I totally feel your pain at your CR stay being as much as 12 nights elsewhere!

Our 3 nights at the Floridian is costing us that same as 11 nights Boardwalk + 5 nights AKL! I keep wondering if we're mad....but we can only do it once!

I totally feel your pain at your CR stay being as much as 12 nights elsewhere!

Our 3 nights at the Floridian is costing us that same as 11 nights Boardwalk + 5 nights AKL! I keep wondering if we're mad....but we can only do it once!

Blimey! now that is pricey! As you said though, why not!

We are staying at the Staybridge suites in LBV in november.

My first choice was on site at CBR however my girlfriend (first time visitor) didnt really want the full on 24 hour disney experience and after looking at the rooms she decided on site wasnt for her (crazy i know!).

We then decided we would rather have a suite than a room as a bit more space would be nice and the kitchen facilities will be handy. Im a big chap but ive never managed to complete a meal in the US so it will be nice to be able to take the left overs back to the room, store them and be able to reheat for lunch on a quiet pool day :)

She liked the Hawthorne Suites at the top of i-drive, however I decided this area was a bit too run down in places and a bit too close to Sand Lake road so managed to persuade her to for the LBV area as its a little more chilled in my opinon.

We wanted the Lake Buena Vista resort and Spa but could not book it through First Choice initially (im keen to try the premier seats as being a 6 foot and 120kg+ powerlifter i can get a little cramped in the wee seats on some flights) so went for the Staybridge suites as the area looks quiet and has good facilities close by.

The LBV resort and spa now has availability on First Choice again, however weve decided that its a bit too out of the way for Universal/i-Drive so have stuck with the Staybridge.

Im not expecting luxury but as long as its a (fairly) clean and comfortable base i'll be more than happy.

Really? Most of what I read suggested that the HSU was better than staybridge, even with the oddballs. Also, staybridge isnt that much cheaper.

To each his own I suppose.

We picked the top of I drive as it has planty of resteraunts. The other HS we stayed at only had really 1 or 2 nearby - I've marked 4 or 5 on google earth near the HSU... people also said it was a quiet area? I've never stayed here, so I dont really know...

Hey!

Last year we stayed in Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center. It's on Universal Blvd, so just off I Drive. I'd recommend it to everybody!

There's a couple of things we wanted from a hotel.

Unfortunately, at the time, staying on site was out of the question as we couldn't afford it. Ideally we wanted somewhere slightly more central as our group also wanted to visit Universal, Seaworld etc. We weren't going to hire a car (my parents were afraid to drive in America - boo lol), and the Springhill Suites catered for this as there's a bus stop right outside, plus they offered a free Disney shuttle which got us to the parks before opening everytime!

We wanted somewhere that was "nice", so we checked out some review websites. Springhill had some fab reviews, and likewise we were not disappoitned. Although I am aware that you shouldn't base everything on these reviews...

Breakfast was also important to us, to set us all up for the day, and Springhill offered a free breakfast buffet that catered to everybody taste!

With regards to the room, we wanted something a little more than he basic 2 double beds and a tv you get. Because people would want to bed at different times it was very useful that the rooms at the springhill suites had a seperate seating area with a tv. There was also a little kitchenette and a fridge which we used a lot. Good for keeping drinks cool in the room.

Sorry to go on lol, but I just want to recommend this place to everybody. And we had it all for less than £600 for a 2 week stay last August.

Here's the website I think: http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel.mi?marshaCode=mcosc&stop_mobi=yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter