What Hotel to stay at the night before cruise?

Disney1992

Mouseketeer
I am beginning to plan our 2nd cruise, a 7 day this time around. Since the cruise leaves on Saturday, I would feel a lot better arriving Friday night. Does Disney have a recommended or partner hotel to use? I am considering using the Disney transfers since it worked out so well with our first cruise.

Thanks for you help! As always, you guys (and gals) are great!

Last year we used Marriott Miles to stay at the airport Marriott the night before our land and sea. Although its not a partner hotel, it went smoothly. We collected our luggage and then caught a shuttle over to the hotel. The next day, caught the shuttle back over to the airport. The shuttle dropped us right where the DCL busses were located. No problems there.

This year we are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, also with points earned from business travel. I guess its a little more work than staying at the Hyatt right at the airport (they coordinate your luggage with DIS and of course you don't have to take a shuttle). However, it saved some $$ and worked fine. If our DS was younger (he was almost 5 during the trip last year), I might just go for ease and stay at the Hyatt.

The transfers worked wonderfully and we didn't have to worry about parking or finding our way around. I felt that was a good way to go for first timers.

Just bumping up because we have to make a decision where to stay the night before the cruise. We're leaning towards the Courtyard Marriot to build up my points. Do any of you have any comments?

There's also a pretty new Courtyard in Cocoa Beach, about six miles from the port. If you aren't arriving too late the night before and are arranging your own transportation, that would be another option. If you can rent a car or use a service to get to the hotel, I believe they offer complimentary transportation to the port as well as a reduced room rate if you tell them you're taking the cruise.

We also love building up those Marriot points and are planning on staying at either the airport or Cocoa Beach, depending on how late our flight gets in.

Jen

NejTjeLion,

Thanks for the feedback. I was actually talking about the Cocoa Beach Courtyard vs anything near the airport. We'll be driving down to Florida. Can you tell me what time the shuttle from the hotel left for the terminal?

I used priceline and got the 3* Renaisance Mariott for $48 (incl. tax). They have a shuttle to and from the airport, and we are using Yourride to get from the hotel to the port. Our flight arrives late on Friday night otherwise we probably would have tried to find something near the port.

Just back from the 7 night cruise. I strongly suggest staying at the Hyatt in the Orlando airport. We stayed there last night - after our 7 night cruise and I noticed that Disney cruise line has a partnership with this hotel. They have their own check in area and you leave your luggage out side of you room, they pick it up and the next time you see it is in your state room on the ship! The rate was $99 and it had 2 queen beds and the rooms are a good size!
If you have any questions please email me!

Bumping up again. I'm specifically interested in hotels close to the Cruise terminal instead of the airport (we'll be driving).b

Thanks! I think I'll plan on using the Hyatt. I'm all for convenience. If we can walk off the plane to the hotel, and Disney will take our bags from the Hyatt to port, I'll be a happy camper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter