• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What hotel discounts have you gotten with an annual pass?

murcor

All you need is faith and trust...and a little pix
If I were to buy an annual pass do I automatically qualify for discounts at the disney hotels or do I still have to wait for a promotion and have to use a discount code?

What actual discounts have you gotten when using an annual pass?

We are going to disney for 9 nights in January and wondering if I should get the AP

You have to wait for a discount code to us the AP rate and the number of rooms available at any point in time are limited. WE used our AP pass and paid $147 a night at the Dolphin last July. ::MickeyMo

You definately have to wait for codes/specials to be announced.
Mousesavers and this board are good places to keep watch with everyone else.

The codes are not guaranteed because you are a passholder, they may or may not be offered and are fewer and farther between.

We got a rate of $79 per night for POR (Moderate) for mid-November. The combined savings on the room for our length of stay made the APs a bit more expensive for a single trip than park hopper tickets... but I plan to go again next year, so in the end they will save us about $700 just on tickets (plus whatever discount we get on the resort next year).

We have gotten CSR for $74 in June 2004 and WL for $137 courtyard view for December 2004, both pre tax. We have also used the discounts for lunches at WS in Epcot for 10% off, House of Blues (before 6PM) for a 20% discount, World of Disney store gives 10% off merchandise and we've played mini golf at Disney's fun courses for 50% off. We've really gotten our moneys worth since we are planning our 3rd trip on these passes. Still trying to convince my DH that we are saving sooooooooooo much money by going a 2nd and 3rd time.........:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I got Boardwalk Inn for $221.89 w/tax ($199) late Nov. and Poly for $233.04 w/tax early Dec.. I saved $90 a night for 5 nights on a pass I bought last year and used for 2 rooms a night that more than paid for my pass.

We bought our annual passes last December (2003) used them one week then, got WL for $129 a night the end of January and used our passes one week, and now got AKL for $151 a night for mid November and will use them again. So the passes are worth it for us, but you do have to wait and watch for the special codes to get the good rates. Still think it is worth our savings.

I got a $49 rate at Pop Century in December. This is my first year with an AP- I'm wondering if I should expect similar prices for May.

The codes are not guaranteed because you are a passholder, they may or may not be offered and are fewer and farther between.

I just wanted to add that in 6 trips to disney with annual passes, we've always booked with an AP discount. The codes aren't guaranteed but I've never had a problem getting a reduced AP rate. I've booked Poly for $199, Port Orleans for $79, Beach Club for $169 and Grand Floridian for $219. I've seen Wilderness lodge for $114 and the value resorts for as little as $49.

Keep in mind that only 1 adult in your party needs to have an AP to get the reduced rate. So, if you aren't sure you'll be going back in less than a year (not hard to do if, for example, you go mid July one year and early July the next or if go at Easter the first year and Easter is earlier the next year), then you could just have one adult get an AP and buy hoppers for everyone else.

Jess

Question? How many rooms can you book with one AP in the party. We are possibly a group of 15 (gasp!) for next Dec. Thank you ! :)

With an annual pass, you have to be prepared to take what's available in terms of rooms and hotels. That didn't used to be the case as much as it is now. It's a factor of supply and demand.

We got a great AP discount on a one-bedroom BWV for November of 2000, but haven't been able to get one since. We always pay rack rate.

If you are like us and know exactly what you want and aren't willing to compromise, then the AP's only value is if you use it at the parks enough times to make it worth your while. The other discounts (restaurants, stores) always seem too specific and too limited to be of much value, IMO.

If, however, you are flexible as to the accommodations you'll accept, you are willing to move resorts if necessary to take advantage of discount nights at various places, and you're willing to go at a less crowded time (that is, you don't want an Epcot resort during Jersey Week and the Food and Wine Festival), then you can probably find a discount.

Yes, you do have to wait for discounts to be released, but these boards are an excellent way to keep up with it. I think an AP is worth it if you plan on doing 8 or more nights in a given year.

Some examples of discounts we've gotten throughout the last few years:

$179 - YC/BC
$199 - Poly
$209 - Poly
$209- YC/BC
$161 - Swan
$149 - CR

You can get moderates for as little as $79 and values I think for as low as $55. Deluxe discounts can be had for WL and AKL for as little as $139.00 - other deluxes are in the price ranges mentioned above.

PamNC

Is there a chance for AP rate during President's weekend (Sun, Mon, Tues) -anyone ever had these times . We're at Pop Century.

Originally posted by murcor
If I were to buy an annual pass do I automatically qualify for discounts at the disney hotels or do I still have to wait for a promotion and have to use a discount code?

What actual discounts have you gotten when using an annual pass?

We are going to disney for 9 nights in January and wondering if I should get the AP

If you are going for 9 nights it's worth it to buy the pass. I believe a 9 day pass would cost more than a (regular, not premium) Annual Pass.

I generally buy an AP when I know I am going to be able to go for more than a week in a given year. Last year, I went to the parks on 11 days AND, got an AP rate at AKL for $179 per night so the pass more than paid for itself. As a matter of fact, on the nights I was paying $179 I called CRO and was quoted over $300 for the same type of room.

Originally posted by sjw4870
If you are going for 9 nights it's worth it to buy the pass. I believe a 9 day pass would cost more than a (regular, not premium) Annual Pass.

I generally buy an AP when I know I am going to be able to go for more than a week in a given year. Last year, I went to the parks on 11 days AND, got an AP rate at AKL for $179 per night so the pass more than paid for itself. As a matter of fact, on the nights I was paying $179 I called CRO and was quoted over $300 for the same type of room.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP's first post.::yes::

We've gotten some great rates with those APs.
And, they initially gave us the incentive to try concierge with the discounts! We've had many AP discounted concierge rooms for the price of a rack rate standard deluxe room.

Not to mention the discounts on dining, recreation and shopping!

APs are worth it!!!!!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter