*WHAT* have you forgotten to pack that you *wish* you would have???

Not necessarily forgotten to pack, but had no clue that we would need dramamine.

I suffered from such horrid motion sickness that it felt like the world was spinning.

DH had to go to the hotel gift shop and spend $9 on it so I could get out of bed.

Next year when we go back I will be getting some sort of prescription from my doctor. And be avoiding the Tower of Terror (I was dizzy beforehand, but I think that did me in...).

And we will be skipping Knotts Berry Farm. Those coasters are wicked!! And I love roller coasters.

Not necessarily forgotten to pack, but had no clue that we would need dramamine.

I suffered from such horrid motion sickness that it felt like the world was spinning.

DH had to go to the hotel gift shop and spend $9 on it so I could get out of bed.

Next year when we go back I will be getting some sort of prescription from my doctor. And be avoiding the Tower of Terror (I was dizzy beforehand, but I think that did me in...).

And we will be skipping Knotts Berry Farm. Those coasters are wicked!! And I love roller coasters.

Talk to your doctor about the little patches you stick behind your ear. Dramamine makes me tired! When we went on our cruise I saw lots of people wearing those little patch thingies. Asked my Dr. about it when we got back he said they were for motion sickness. :sick:

This wasn't a DL trip, but a business trip - for some odd reason, I forgot to pack underwear! Couldn't get to a store to buy some, so every night I had to wash my one pair. Yuck!

On our last trip with my nephews I almost packed one of those little fan/water sprayers. I thought I didn't want to carry it around, but we ended up being there during that crazy heat wave last April and my nephew spent an hour begging for one that he saw at Disneyland, but it was ridiculously overpriced and I wish I had brought ours to cool off the kids while waiting for parades etc. Instead we had to take breaks letting them play in the water area near A Bugs Land and they got soaked!

on our my first trip we had to be at the airport by 2 am. i was to excited to go to sleep all night so i stayed up. so by the time i got to the airport i was so out of it. i actually forgot to bring my sons shoes! he took them off in the car. i remembered his stroller, mickey doll, and everything but his poor shoes. the whole time we had to carry him around. as soon as we got to town we had to go buy some more. it was still the best trip though.

other than that the one thing i really need to remember next time is dayquill and ibprophen. it seems everytime we fly or drive that far one of us gets sick.

Airbourne or Coldeez! Someone always seems to get sick on vacation...especially if you fly! I always start taking these a few days before any trip to prevent getting sick. I think it's the combo of no sleep + being busy that does me in.

Batteries and sunscreen like people already said. Oh and hats for the whole family if you're going in the summer! Hats are mucho money!

once i forgot to pack pants for myself! luckily, we were staying at the Residence Inn across the street from Target, so i just went across the street.

i will never forget my muscle relaxants, though. some of the rides (esp if we go to knotts/six flags), the rides are so fast that i get a neck sprain/migraine that will last for days unless i take it.

we also never forget to take a blanket with us to DL for the kids. we'll leave it in the stroller, but when they nap or it gets cold, we cover them up with it.

Do muscle relaxants help with migraines? Do you take that as a preventative or afterwards?
I am always so careful because of my migraines...they're awful aren't they??

Airbourne or Coldeez! Someone always seems to get sick on vacation...

Speaking of getting sick, I always bring hand sanitizers with me to the park. I prefer using the gel type when leaving a ride (especially on something like the teacups... can you imagine all the sweaty hands that touched the wheel? yuck!)

The worst thing I ever forgot were my APs. I was on the airplane somewhere above Santa Barbara when I had a flash :eek: ; I checked my wallet and discovered that I had put in the WDW passes from the previous trip instead of my APs! I think it cost $50 to get 2 new replacements. Oh well!

I also forgot little scissors to cut my moleskin once. (My feet absolutely need moleskin when I walk as much as I do at DL 5 days in a row). I was too lazy to get some scissors from the lobby, so I cut the moleskin with my nail clippers. Not recommended.

My DD was 2 when we went last in 2005. She looked like she was at least 3 though. We got asked a few times about her age. Therefore this time when we take my 2 year old son I will not forget to bring his birth certificate! :thumbsup2

Allergy medication!

Anaheim has a very different ecosystem with different things in bloom (not to mention smog) than Las Vegas does and I nearly always have an allergy attack when we visit. While you can get benadryl from the First Aid station it knocks me out and there is nothing less fun than being at Disney and being so drugged up that you can barely keep your eyes open.

We also hit a trip where we were in Barstow (almost half way to DL from Vegas) when we realized that we forgot the digital camera and video camera. Since this was DS's first trip at the holidays and he was only 12 weeks old, I was absolutely heartbroken about the idea of missing out on all those photos.

So, my wonderful DH stopped in Victorville (the next major exit) and bought the digital camera that I had been drooling over and refused to buy for myself. It ended up being an expensive trip, but the photos were so worth it!

Speaking of getting sick, I always bring hand sanitizers with me to the park. I prefer using the gel type when leaving a ride (especially on something like the teacups... can you imagine all the sweaty hands that touched the wheel? yuck!)

Ha ha, a girl after my own heart.. I too, am a uh, germ freak... if it makes me weird, at least it makes us healthier, I think.... Our 11 year old son was in EB games and finally used his sleeves to his shirt to touch the game pad controller, Lol! I told him, "Smart for you, for thinking of that!" :rotfl: Yes, I am a germ freak, and I admit it...

Allergy medication!

Anaheim has a very different ecosystem with different things in bloom (not to mention smog) than Las Vegas does and I nearly always have an allergy attack when we visit. While you can get benadryl from the First Aid station it knocks me out and there is nothing less fun than being at Disney and being so drugged up that you can barely keep your eyes open.

We also hit a trip where we were in Barstow (almost half way to DL from Vegas) when we realized that we forgot the digital camera and video camera. Since this was DS's first trip at the holidays and he was only 12 weeks old, I was absolutely heartbroken about the idea of missing out on all those photos.

So, my wonderful DH stopped in Victorville (the next major exit) and bought the digital camera that I had been drooling over and refused to buy for myself. It ended up being an expensive trip, but the photos were so worth it!
Yep to the first part, I attest to that with my fondness for gravol; makes my spirits bright for riding the scary rides, but YEP = makes one have to use the washroom, and also makes for one to feel sleepy. lethargic. tired.... :rotfl:

I am SO glad your DH knew of the importance of catching the memories for 12 -week old son as they happened. Awesome!! Girl. You have a rockin' DH! :worship:

ENJOY the cam..... I know you will. :goodvibes

Do muscle relaxants help with migraines? Do you take that as a preventative or afterwards?
I am always so careful because of my migraines...they're awful aren't they??

Excellent question,,,, enquiring minds want to know.. I take maxalt for migraine headaches usually 2 X a month... do you know if the muscle relaxants work well? I would think they would, [but la dee dah, maybe we would be in somewhat of a daze for the entire trip?? :confused3 :rotfl:] Thank GOD for cameras!! :woohoo:

I can see where Muscle relaxants would work well for those who plan on going on the Grizzly, or the California Screamin'?

In an effort to not forget anything I'm making two lists. One is everything I need to bring this trip. The other is what I need to bring into the DL park. In other words, the items in the backpack. I started about a week ago and add things as I think of them so hopefully I'll have time to think of everything. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter