what have southwest prices been when first released out of CT?

calablovedisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know about what the rates have been for Southwest coming out of the hartford, CT area to Orlando when they first post them?
Thinking I should just grab the Jetblue prices now for Dec. at $79 and $89.
thx.

I'm still waiting to book BDL to MCO for our August trip. When they were first released they were around $150/leg and up. They've dropped as low as $119 for some flights recently, and have (just yesterday) bounced up to about $160 for the most desirable flights. They have not been anywhere near $79 or $89. Assuming you are looking at Boston flights?

If I could've gotten Jetblue for our July trip for $79 or $89, direct from Logan, I would've taken it! For Jetblue out of Logan for July, it's at $163 for the flight down, $138 flight home, I ended up booking with SW out of MHT for $109 each way. I'll schelp my way up to NH to save $332. :thumbsup2 I wish BDL was a little closer to me.

When the current schedule was released, they were $119, with the most popular flights being much higher. My friend booked for May, and the cheapest she ever saw was $99 one way. There is always the hope that competition will drive down Southwests prices, but who knows....$79 and $89 are good prices, are there baggage fees??

to book my early Sept flight. When SW opened the window, $114 O/W was the best fare but the times are really lousy, early non-stop out has been cancelled as has the late evening non-stop return. Delta is currently matching SW's fares out of BDL. Yes, I'll have to pay a baggage fee each way ($26 when you take out the $20 EBCI I'd be paying on SW) but I get 4 hrs on the trip down and 3 1/2hrs on the way back, worth it to me!! I keep checking how many seats are left & when it gets to like 25 or so or the price gets closer to $99, I'll bite the bullet. Last year we got $69 down on Delta and $79 back on SW so I'm spoiled. I don't really expect anything good but I am hoping for a little lower the $119.

DEFINATELY BOOK THE JET BLUE SPECIAL!!!

SW Dings haven't been any lower than $99 each way for some time. I've been keeping an eye on prices for Hartford for Aug and the lowest prices is $119 -161. I would so love the $79 rate, but JetBlue isn't flying from Hartford until November. No baggage fees & tv's at each seat - book the JET BLUE SPECIAL - it won't be around for long!

When they first came out, they were $119 from BDL and $181 from MCO. For the times we want, they went down to $109 down and $167 return. We booked those and are hoping for lower.

The lowest I've gotten from BDL for my past three trips has been $94 - and that's low time - early feb - mid week. I'm thrilled that Jet Blue is coming to BDl because I'm hoping they'll bring some competitive pricing to SWA. We're going in dec too and I've been pondeing the Jet Blue prices.

are there baggage fees??
Good question! Probably help to know this to compare pricing.

On the one hand, $79 is a great rate
On the other hand, if you have to pay for a checked bag, that has to be factored in

Not sure of Jet Blue cancellation policy - I really like SWA's

For me, we really try to accumulte RR points on SWA, so I hate to book jet blue is the pricing is going to be close.

But I think $79 is a great rate!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter