What has happened to the Travel Channel?

Agreed.

Half the time it plays more like a second rate Food Network than anything else...

Watching that Man vs Food guy stuff himself with 10,000 oysters is not my idea of entertainment.

I know! I cannot stand that show!

I miss "Great Hotels." That was my favorite show of Samanthas.

I do too. I have all the WDW episodes on VHS:scared1:...so needless to say, I never watch them. I never watch the Travel Channel either.

The Travel Channel changed hands a couple of years ago. It used to be owned by Discovery Networks, and it is now owned by Scripps Networks (who also owns the Food Network, HGTV, Cooking Channel, etc.) That may or may not be why you're seeing a difference in programming.

I've noticed the same thing and thought that they were just catering to the masses. It's sad, but many don't have the funds to travel. And while some of us without that travel budget can watch and live vicariously through the traveler, others just prefer not to watch. So maybe the Travel Channel is just airing what the majority wants to see? I know that all of us in this thread would love more travel programming, maybe we are once again the minority :confused:

Lessee...

I can watch the Travel Channel and not see any travel shows...
Watch the History Channel and not see anything about history...
Watch A&E and not see anything artistic or all that entertaining...
Watch AMC and never see a classic movie...
Watch SyFy and occasionally see science fiction...
Watch HLN and never see the headlines...
and watch MTV and never see any music videos.

Can someone remind me why I'm paying $65 per month for satellite TV again?
:confused3

I miss the shows on Travel Channel about traveling. Especially the ones about Disney! But I do love Man vs. Food though! And Bert the Conqueror. Ghost Adventures can go. The show is horrible!

I miss the Travel Channel Disney shows also. They had a good show about Christmas at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter