What has been the most magical parade you have watched?

Mine personally is the Disney Dreams Come True Parade. The soundtrack, the floats and the memories really puts this one above all others!
:disrocks:
What has your favorite Parade been?
Main Street Electrical Parade

I loved Stars and Cars (is that correct name?) , the themed vehicles were so unique and fun. Wonder if they still have all those vehicles collecting dust? Minnie in her vintage Hollywood outfit was great! Anyone have pics?

I think the actual name was Disney Stars and Motor Cars. I found a few pictures of that parade. Here is one from 2004.

DSC01469
by mcraigelliott, on Flickr

Tapestry of Nations, hands down. I still get chills when I watch videos of it on Youtube. Short of that, I do still love the Pirate and Princess Party parade (and the fireworks!).

Paint the Night at Disneyland by a long shot. I hear it will be coming back for some nights during the holidays this year. I wish they would bring it to Disney World.

Another vote for Paint the Night!

As for childhood memories, I have very fond ones of MSEP at Disneyland.
But as for the most "magical" memory, there was a time when MSEP went on hiatus during the holidays, and the Very Merry Christmas Parade would have two performances: one during the afternoon in the sun, and one at night. The nighttime version of that was even more magical, with the colorful spotlights along the parade route illuminating the festive floats, and a Southern California chill in the air.

Edit: I think this parade still runs at night during the Very Merry Christmas parties, but I haven't ever attended one of those as a guest.

As a kid growing up at Disneyland, the Main Street Electrical Parade (1st) and the Lion King Celebration Parade (2nd) will always be my favorite parades! Paint the Night is also up there. I also like that the Festival of the Lion King uses four of the Lion King Parade floats at Disney's Animal Kingdom. That is part of the reason why that show is my all time favorite Disney Theme Park show as well. :)

I adore Festival of Fantasy...

Watching MSEP reminds me of the moment my husband first got caught up in the Disney magic, but I don't actually like the parade for any other reason!! He loves it, but I'm not a fan.

During our 2002 trip, they were celebrating 100 years of magic. Each of the parks had a parade, and all of them were great. The Stars in Motor Cars at the Studios was mentioned and so was the Tapestry of Dreams at Epcot, which was a variation of Tapestry of Nations that played in 2000. I liked the soundtrack of original (2000) more, but I'm pretty sure the music was the only difference between the two versions.

Animal Kingdom had a parade with Caravan in the name. It wasn't spectacular to look at, but it featured a lot of dancing and they got the guests involved so it was lots of fun.

My favorite was the snow globe parade at the MK. It was so beautiful!

I adore the night time parades, but my happiest memories of the parades are of the 1976 Colonial themed MK parade I saw when I was 15 with my parents, and also the parade at MK in 2000 when my son was 4. They gave him maracas to shake when the Lion King float came by. He joined the dancers and had so much fun!

Paint the Night at DL is probably the overall most impressive one I've seen. At WDW, I really enjoyed the parade they did at the old Pirate & Princess parties (Enchanted Adventures, maybe?)

DH would agree with Tapestry of Nations. It wasn't really my thing, be he was fascinated. Still asks me when it's coming back, lol!

Most magical: Remember the Magic
Most fun: Block Party Bash
Favorite nighttime: Spectromagic
The one I wish would come back: Tapestry of Nations

Tapestry of Nations, hands down. I still get chills when I watch videos of it on Youtube. Short of that, I do still love the Pirate and Princess Party parade (and the fireworks!).

Tapestry of Nations (TON) followed by a somewhat distant second, Paint the Night. I'm surprised I have not worn out our video of TON. Chills and tears of pure pleasure! So breathtaking...

The best by far - no comparison for a band mom and Disney freak - was my son's high school band marching down Main Street last February!!! Playing zip-a-dee-do-dah!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter